You think he'll sell it????

Ricardo
Ricardo Posts: 10,636
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
Here's the description of a sale in Audiogon....I couldn't stop laughing....

"6 X Mundorf 2.2uf gold-silver cap + 2 X mundorf 10uf MKP + jena labs wire upgrade . i did upgrade ,i guess when i was doing i mixed some wires (sound perfect & caps did not burn yet !) with turntable just fine but when i turn selector to cd i still hear turntable . thats the problem i guess that can fix. i have original box . i cant close the covers cause of the caps that i upgrade to big . for me i don't care how its look like all point is sound :) and sound great .. local buyers welcome .. "

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?preatube&1175147949

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
SOPA
Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
Post edited by Ricardo on

Comments

• McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited January 2007
    condition 8 out of 10. Not exactly following the audiogon scale is he???
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited January 2007
    McLoki wrote:
    condition 8 out of 10. Not exactly following the audiogon scale is he???

I've noticed a growing trend with a lot of AGON people not following the scale to much. Kinda annoying to see the pictures of an 8/10 and see huge gashes on the front panels.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • McLoki
    edited January 2007
    I just sent the following message to the seller - we will see how he responds. Bet you he comes back with none of my business or the sound is better than a 10 and therefore he rated it an 8.
    How do you justify your rating of 8 out of 10 when the inputs have been incorrectly modified and the covers will no longer close?

What exactly rates this as an "8"? For reference - here is an "8" scale on audiogon...

8 / 10 - Very good - Perfect front face, 1 minor flaw on top or side is acceptable.

This item has seen some use, but still appears perfect from the front. A perfect front face plate includes the front top edge. Be sure and check this edge since it is very easy to nick. On speakers, all four front edges should be inspected.
    Electronics may have 1 or 2 minor scratches (max 1/2" long, very thin) on the top plate or the sides of electronics, but again, the front must be perfect. There should be no signs of rack mounting. Chrome should have no pitting, but may have some discoloration in spots less than 1/4" diameter. Silk-screening has no separations, and the lettering shows no wear.
    Speakers may have minor discoloration along edges, but no scratches that show through the veneer, except for the bottom, which may show signs of stand mounting or floor scraping.
    Turntables covers may be slightly hazy from record sleeves being laid on them, but should not have any highly visible scratches anywhere. The headshell may have some scratches from cartridge mounting.
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
  • McLoki
    edited January 2007
    Well, here is his reply. Since this was the first e-mail I have ever sent to him, I assume I am not the first to question his rating....
    hello again mister ! thats my item- for me 11 of 10 you wanna buy or
    no ? simple question ! you know what its not for sale for you ! we
    dont have to spend time for emails ! no more email ! have a good day

I hope he keeps his great sounding piece for a long long time.....

Michael

Edit - btw - My guess was spot on. :)
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2007
    Well....someone was impressed with the 11 of 10 (even though the guy has 0 feedback...); shows sale pending now :confused:

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited January 2007
    You should welcome him to the U S and A.
  • atrustsd
    atrustsd Posts: 27
    edited February 2007
    I think he meant to say that it does not work 8 out of 10 times. I hope this clears it up or was that 11 out of 10 times, carry on.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited February 2007
    Sold!!!
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • atrustsd
    atrustsd Posts: 27
    edited February 2007
    Wow what a salesman!
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited February 2007
    HTrookie wrote:
    with turntable just fine but when i turn selector to cd i still hear turntable

I fail to see the problem with this unit. Well worth the $1700 someone paid. :D
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D