Perhaps there's some hope for the Middle East:

mrbigbluelight
mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
One Voice Movement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34bVcLMrcRs

Perhaps, just perhaps ......

I'm going to have to do a little more reading on this group to see if it is merely a front for ? or if it really is a grassroots movement of the millions of people who are affected by the extremists to be found on all sides.
Sal Palooza
Post edited by mrbigbluelight on

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    Wow is this really possible in such a divided land. You get so much negativity from the media and so much politics and so much hyperbole on talk radio . . . why can't the media show this clip on the 6 O'clock news???
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited January 2007
    why can't the media show this clip on the 6 O'clock news???

For the same reason nobody is posting any response to this thread.
    Bad news sells more than good news.If this thread started out with terrible news comming out of Iraq,there would be 50 post under it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    I don't think anyone doubts that there are individuals, perhaps even large groups of individuals, with a desire for peace in the Middle East. The problem is how hard it is for them to overthrow THOUSANDS of years of corrupt and extremist government rule.

The largest military force on the planet (America) couldn't even get ONE Middle Eastern government under control, how are these schmoes going to get all of them?
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • up2youjoe
    up2youjoe Posts: 114
    edited January 2007
    There will never be peace in the Middle East. There hasn't been in 5000 years. When you send your 5 year old to school and show them cartoons that show if you blow yourself up you are doing a good thing I don't think you want peace. Give them their own state and they will then tell you it's not enough we want more(Jerusalem). Iran and Syria will ALWAYS fund the terrorists and then watch from afar.

Millions of people in Iraq want peace but a few of them don't and look what you have. Money and weapons being funneled to terrorists.

When we walk away from that fight, we will be fighting them here again.

Never pick up and a gun unless you are fully prepared to pull the trigger. Unfortunately for our soldiers, our government gives them guns, and the State department takes away their ammo.
    No Kids Allowed
    cold, heartless, clueless, greedy 'young professional'
  • GaryZ06
    GaryZ06 Posts: 317
    edited January 2007
    As stated above there will never be peace in the Middle East....never....Remember we are not fighting a country or organized military like we did in WWI and WWII......We are fighting an Ideology....a way of thinking...brainwashing.Remember when our small kids are going to Chucky Cheese their kids are learning to kill..This is a never ending supply of evil..We celebrate life....They celebrate and look forward to death....Our people in the military don't want to die their's do....Again anyone who thinks there will be peace over there is only fooling themselves.I can really go into this but not now.
    Panasonic 50" Plasma + Pioneer 6010
    Toshiba XA2 HD-DVD
    Panasonic BD30 Blu-Ray
    Pioneer 1014
    Polk RTi12 (front)...Polk CSi5 (center)
    Polk RTi4 (rear)...Velodyne DLS 5000-R Sub
    3 Outlaw M-200 Amps
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited January 2007
    Interesting!

Reminds me of the Peace Movement of the 60's.

I'd like to know what you find out about this group mrbigbluelight. It must be an improvemnet over the present policy.

TV and the media including all the talk shows appear to want to phrase these issues as "Them or Us" with limited and cherry picked data to support any view.

I think the trueth is found by following the money trail.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited January 2007
    I think a movement like this would work given a LOT of time. It may be too late given the current condition there but it is nice to see.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited January 2007
    bikezappa wrote:
    Interesting!
    Reminds me of the Peace Movement of the 60's.
    TV and the media including all the talk shows appear to want to phrase these issues as "Them or Us" with limited and cherry picked data to support any view.

It would be interesting if this conflict could be resolved from the bottom up.

Looking at sources for One Voice shows some interesting work they've done in the Phillipines to expose massive fraud in the "Cha Cha" movement (a movement to supposedly amend the Phillipine constitution, but actually rewrites it).

I'm still looking, still reading, trying to find something that shows this One Voice organization is merely a tool for ?

A lot of folks on-line are looking at this movement skeptically, and rightfully so.
    Once bitten, twice shy.
    Wouldn't it be nice, though, if this movement is what it appears to be.

http://www.voice-mag.co.uk/?d=8 shows a typical thread.
    Sal Palooza
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited January 2007
    mrbigbluelight a quote from your thread.

"to try getting a representative picture of what the Israeli and Palestinian publics want."

That is very rare these days. We are rightly or wrongly mostly told what we want in our media.
  • scottnbnj
    scottnbnj Posts: 709
    edited January 2007
    this will take generations of incremental change just as it took generations for the u.s. to come as far as it has in regard to racism. the more pressure we apply against the murderers and nutjobs and the consistency of our support for freedom will be deciding factors in how long it takes.