Frozen Enchiladas and me

BaggedLancer
BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
So I bought some frozen enchiladas this afternoon to eat and I decided about 10 minutes ago I'll cook them.

I read the bag quick, said to make a slit in the package and microwave for 8 minutes.

So I put the bag in the microwave for 8 minutes and after about 5 minutes 30 seconds I heard a bang and ran to the microwave to find my food splattered all over the microwave. I grabbed the package out of the trash and i was supopsed to microwave on SLOW COOK.....DAMMNMNIT

Oh well, they are burnt, tough, and look horrible, but I'm gonna eat them anyway.
Moral of this story: Read the package, it's there for a reason.
Post edited by BaggedLancer on

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2007
    Ha. Reminds me of the label that says "Don't turn upside down"...on the bottom of the jar.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited January 2007
    reminds me of my pizza incident. i came home one day very tired, didnt have the strength or energy to cook a real dinner. looked in the freezer spotted a cheap throw it in the oven pizza, tombstone i think it was. ripped off the plastic found the pizza pan, threw it in the oven, sat down on the couch. 20 mins or so later i smelled this smell like something was burning, i rush to the kitchen open up the oven and drag the pizza out. it looked awful. the top part was raw, the bottom was ashes due to the cardboard that i had forgot to remove. i was to weary to try to make another meal. so i dug out the somewhat edible burnt cardboard flavored toppings ate them and went to bed.:D REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited January 2007
    My wifes first experience with a microwave oven around 14 years ago was the time she tried to boil eggs in water in it. What a mess............
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    This is God's way of telling you not to eat microwave Enchiladas.... seriously dude, I know you're in college, but... ;)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited January 2007
    Ah yes, the great Polk Chefs.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    This is God's way of telling you not to eat microwave Enchiladas.... seriously dude, I know you're in college, but... ;)

what on earth am i supposed to eat if i fail at microwave use?

:confused:
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    Good point. Order out :D
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2007
    ROFLMAO!!!!:D You won't fail microwave use if you... READ THE DAMN INSTRUCTIONS!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!:D

what on earth am i supposed to eat if i fail at microwave use?

:confused:
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2007
    I took bobmans advice for today, i ordered out for breakfast and lunch, and most likely will do dinner as well, LOL. :D

I'm taking a day off from microwave use.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2007
    WAAAAAAAAA!!!! Mark you are too funny! Chicken!!!:p ;):D
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2