What should I do if a fellow polkie rips me off?

SLOCOOKN
SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
edited February 2007 in The Clubhouse
I will state my case to the community. I will not state the name of the fellow polkie YET!

I was replying to a post and communication was engaged in the forum. I offered a piece of equpiment to "polkie" to a/b. I told him he could use said equipment for up to a month mabey longer if I did not need. I indicated to him that I would request the item back by pm.

I mailed the item to him on my dime...no big deal...He did indicate that he did receive the item and posted his a/b on the forum.

On the ninth of this month I requested the item back and he pm that he would ship on the 10th. I requested an update 3 times now and am getting no response from him. He was on yesterday and this morning at 3:00 am ish.
:eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
Sony cx985v (for now)
BBE 482i
B&K AVP 1030
Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
Nordost RCA
SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
Belkin pf60
Carver TFM 55x
Signal Analog 2 RCA
AudioQuestType 4
VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
Post edited by SLOCOOKN on

Comments

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited January 2007
    Send Grandpa Jesse over to his house with a rusty sardine can lid.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited January 2007
    I'd say your following the right steps. is the person still active? If not, what other contact info do you have? Give it a week and then air this publically. Public shame seems to keep things in line around here.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    I read the thread in question, and know who you're talking about. Definitely looks like you're getting ignored, which is uncool. Even if he took it to mean he could keep them, ignoring your PMs whilst still posting? Unacceptable. I'd just say who it is right now since the guy has been active the entire month here posting.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited January 2007
    It might be that the person isn't aware that he has a private message.

The "Welcome, PuddingCakes.
    You last visited: Today at 06:07 AM
    Private Messages: Unread xx, Total xx."

...doesn't exactly jump up at you at the top right of the screen.

Not saying that this is the case, or is an excuse.
    Sal Palooza
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited January 2007
  • SLOCOOKN
    edited January 2007
    rskarvan wrote:
    Taser him.
    :)

I am putting this post here to give him every opportunity to make right. On Monday the 29 I will let you know who it is.

Just makes me :( thats all. I joined this forum because I liked the idea of a "community" forum. I know that you never really know, but you know...AHHHHHh
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2007
    Post in THAT thread; he might not be looking at his PM's.

Yes...hard to believe....but if we are talking about the member I think we are talking, I've dealt with him....I shipped a piece of gear before he sent me payment....with no issues.

Of course $hit can happen...

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • SLOCOOKN
    edited January 2007
    HTrookie wrote:
    Post in THAT thread; he might not be looking at his PM's.

Yes...hard to believe....but if we are talking about the member I think we are talking, I've dealt with him....I shipped a piece of gear before he sent me payment....with no issues.

Of course $hit can happen...

He has email. When I check my email it tells me I have a pm. Bottom line. I have had contact with him for 20 days and now he will not respond. This chat is here. I am sure that some of you may try to contact him as well. That is ok. I did not come out swinging on this. I wanted to give him the opportunity to clear it up. I am ok with that.

No CRACKEN yet.
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
  • Ricardo
    edited January 2007
    SLOCOOKN wrote:
    He has email. When I check my email it tells me I have a pm. Bottom line. I have had contact with him for 20 days and now he will not respond. This chat is here. I am sure that some of you may try to contact him as well. That is ok. I did not come out swinging on this. I wanted to give him the opportunity to clear it up. I am ok with that.

No CRACKEN yet.

You can choose not to be notified for new PM's; It is hard to believe though that someone would go days/weeks without noticing PM's.

Wating to see the CRACKEN unleash.....

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • SLOCOOKN
    edited January 2007
    HTrookie wrote:
    You can choose not to be notified for new PM's; It is hard to believe though that someone would go days/weeks without noticing PM's.

Wating to see the CRACKEN unleash.....

MONDAY.
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited January 2007
    Let's hope it all goes down well. With any luck, this is just a misunderstanding that'll resolve itself without any problem. Who knows?

If turns out to be the other way... well, it's time to rumble ;)
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited January 2007
    Just keep in mind that this individual does reflect the rest of us. Don't let one bad apple ruin the bunch. Many great apples in this bunch! Hope this situation resolves itself !
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited January 2007
    Willow wrote:
    Just keep in mind that this individual does reflect the rest of us. Don't let one bad apple ruin the bunch. Many great apples in this bunch! Hope this situation resolves itself !

I think you mean, "Just keep in mind that this individual doesn't reflect the rest of us."

Or what are you implying :mad: :D:D
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited January 2007
    I didn't think that Jeff Bridges would do this.:rolleyes: Hopefully just a misunderstanding.
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited January 2007
    The Kraken is stirring!!!!

Kraken2.jpg
    Carl

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2007
    i hope it's just a misunderstanding too.. and will be resolved peacefully. minus anyone getting tasered.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    Sorry you are having so much trouble. I would hold off though. I've sent PMs to people many many times, saw them posting for days or even a week at a time and they didn't reply to my PM. When they did they apologized and said that they didn't see it or accidently deleted it before they could see who it was from and had to wait on a second PM. Also there could be someone with a screen name that is close to the person i.e. there is a "HearingImpaired" screen name on this forum it is very close to mine but is not me. I've had people send PMs there and when I didn't respond, posted on the public forum that I had a PM. I assured the person that I had no PM. . . that is when the screen name mix-up showed.

So, hold off, I don't think anyone who is really an upstanding member of this community wants to be on this crews **** list, it could be an ugly thing!
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited January 2007
    Just post a new thread titled "Hey (name here) I'm trying to contact you, read your freakin pm's" and go from there.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2007
    If you need any country **** whoopin's handed out, just let me know.........unless its Lou and then youre on your on. :D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • SLOCOOKN
    edited January 2007
    schwarcw wrote:
    The Kraken is stirring!!!!

Kraken2.jpg

DOWN Kracken DOWN!

He pm'd me and stated he has been sick, unable to do much and just realized that he still has the package! He is now in contact and will return the item.

This is why I did no come out swinging. I know that some things can fall off the priority list. So thanks to all of you for your support and offerings of "Arse woopins" and such. We will see if item gets returned...I will post later to confirm!

And also include me in any necessary woopins that need to be doled out to make this a place safe to interact, share ideas and equipment!
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited January 2007
    good to hear.

just curious though, why weren't phone numbers exchanged along with the gear? I have only sold 1 item in the FM quite awhile back, but exchanging phone numbers just seemed logical to me then. Is there an unwritten rule against phone conversations here? If I had a FM dealing or situation such as this I'd have no problem with the fellow CP member having my phone number.
  • SLOCOOKN
    edited January 2007
    PhantomOG wrote:
    good to hear.

just curious though, why weren't phone numbers exchanged along with the gear? I have only sold 1 item in the FM quite awhile back, but exchanging phone numbers just seemed logical to me then. Is there an unwritten rule against phone conversations here? If I had a FM dealing or situation such as this I'd have no problem with the fellow CP member having my phone number.

My opinion on the matter is this is more that a posting place. Most people "hang out" here. It felt like a little cafe' of sorts. I did not feel the need to at the time.
    It was an inexpensive item of sorts. $40.00. TRUST I guess.

Lesson learned though...phone # next time..
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
  • Ricardo
    edited January 2007
    Good that things are getting on track.

SOPA
  • SLOCOOKN
    edited February 2007
    HTrookie wrote:
    Good that things are getting on track.
    The situation has been resolved. The item has been returned in the condition that it was sent. Thanks to all and the member who did the right thing!
    Thanks,
    Steve
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited February 2007
    It might be that the person isn't aware that he has a private message.

The "Welcome, PuddingCakes.
    You last visited: Today at 06:07 AM
    Private Messages: Unread xx, Total xx."

...doesn't exactly jump up at you at the top right of the screen.

Not saying that this is the case, or is an excuse.

True, PM's don't always notify you.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited February 2007
    Refefer wrote:
    I think you mean, "Just keep in mind that this individual doesn't reflect the rest of us."

Or what are you implying :mad: :D:D

Yes sorry my bad....
  • atrustsd
    atrustsd Posts: 27
    edited February 2007
    Nice to see the situation resolved on it's own. I am new here so this reflects good on all of you. In my eyes and ears.
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited February 2007
    I'm sorry for the delay. I'm still sick, and lost my job awhile back. My wife and kids have also been sick. I meant to return them before you even asked for them
    but poopy happens. I feel horrible that it took so long, and that you even had to start this thread. And thanks for just not coming out and saying" dudeinaroom is a F*^&*&^ jerk and stole my cables"

Later all,
    Dude
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited February 2007
    Dude, I wish you and your family a speedy recovery. Best wishes looking for a job. I hope everything works out for you!
    Carl

• dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited February 2007
    thanks for the well wishes. We were all sick for like 2 week some funky virus that was going around. then we were well for a week, and then this week we all have runny noses, and chest congestion, and are coughing like mad

Thanks,
    dude