UFC Fightnight Live Tonight on Spike

RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
7pm cst, 8pm est TONIGHT on Spike TV.

Looks like a decent card.

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2007
    Rad. Its getting Tivo'd. Thanks for the reminder Russ.
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited January 2007
    I used to love the UFC; however, since it has been taken from its original PPV format(with unbelievable matches lasting 30+ mins.) as well as broken down into "TV" friendly rules to adjust for commercials and what not... Not to mention being run through the mill and being subjected to national syndication on our precious airwaves.. Granted, its still nice to see two men absolutely beat the **** outta each other, the entire concept of this show was lost long long ago.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2007
    Ive been watching the UFC since the very first one back in the early 90's and I too miss the old days with the 20th degree black belts and ninjas fighting. But, they werent that good. Royce Gracie waxed them all. Then there was that period in between when they were evolving in which they would take each other down and then lay on each other for 30 minutes. Thats fine for **** **** but not really for no holds barred fighting. Now they have evolved to the highest level. There is still plenty of grappling and submissions but there is also plenty of stand up toe to toe slugging. The guys that are fighting now are truly the best fighters in the world!

Ill be watching tonight. And I cant wait for the Pride guys to come over to UFC. Theyre going to clean house! Rampage and Cro-Cop are a LOT better than anybody fighting in the UFC right now. And God help them all if Fedor decides to come to UFC. This dude is the baddest man on the planet and would mop up the floor with anybody in the UFC.

Go to Youtube and check out some of his fights. Fedor Emilianenko is a monster.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2007
    Fedor is a beast. Man, I would not want to take a right or left roundhouse from Cro Cop, Jesus Jumping Christ them hits are DEVESTATING!!!!!!

in any mma, you never know whats gonna happen, but Macleod aint coming out of left field, these guys are no joke!!

Havent seen too many Pride fights, but the layout and the way the fights play out seem different then UFC, curious to see how the Pride guys will adapt. a Cro Cop left kick might make the point moot :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2007
    As far as I can tell, other than the boxing ring, the rules are pretty close to UFC's. The caliber of fighters is just better in Pride because they (A) pay more and (B) draw from competitors worldwide as opposed to the UFC's stateside only pool (C) dont insist on all their competitors having STUPID nicknames.

The fights tonight were pretty good. The one with the Obrien dude was kind of a yawner. He was a much better wreslter but all he did was take the guy down and then hold him down. Yeah, you win on points but it makes for one boring **** fight. I mean he had the guy mounted about 50 times and instead of raining down punches and ending the fight, he just laid on him.

Still, I love it!! Good for Spike for putting UFC fights on cable!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited January 2007
    I missed the first half of the show. I was surprised they said Heath Herring got beat. How about that high head kick from Evans? Hope the other guy is ok...he was down a long time.
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited January 2007
    Fedor would be very dangerous!...He can take a punch. Deliver a devastating attack. And is very good at submission....Matt Hughes ...where are you....Hiding I think
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited January 2007
    All I can say is, I'm glad I have a regular job...LOL
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2