I-Sonic......

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
Hello

Saw this on the front page of the Polk site today and was wondering if any of you guys had this unit? And if you do whats your opinion about it? I thought it might be a good little setup for out in the shop. I've been looking for something on this order for awhile....

Thanks!!
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited January 2007
    To answer your question, it sounds great, way more sound than you can imagine coming from something so small, with bass. I like the HD radio it offers, as it is the only thing I have that has HD.

Just PM'd you, reply there please.

Russ
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2007
    I have one and love it.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited January 2007
    It's a very nice unit, but it's quite a bit of overkill if all you're wanting is some music in a shop. How likely are you to be using the dvd player? HD Radio is ok, but not worth the expense of a unit that's ultimately designed to be more of a mini ht setup than simply a 'shop unit' IMO.......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2007
    Heard it at PF and was amazed at the sound comming out of it. Would love to have one for my bedroom someday as I have no room for speakers in there.
  • Systems
    edited January 2007
    brettw22 wrote:
    It's a very nice unit, but it's quite a bit of overkill if all you're wanting is some music in a shop. How likely are you to be using the dvd player? HD Radio is ok, but not worth the expense of a unit that's ultimately designed to be more of a mini ht setup than simply a 'shop unit' IMO.......

Overkill for a shop?? Good Lord man thats my home away from home:) Anyway thanks for all the advice....
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited January 2007
    I'm just saying that you're paying a premium price for something that you probably wont' be utilizing in a shop environment (DVD, sat radio, etc) so why pay the extra money for something you're not going to need/use.......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Systems
    edited January 2007
    Well not sure why I wouldn't use the Satellite radio maybe that isn't proper shop etiquette.....:)

Thought maybe a dvd full of mp3's might be kinda cool too......
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing