Ces 2008

exalted512
exalted512 Posts: 10,735
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
Yup, I'm already planning on CES 2008. Just wondering what would be a good hotel to stay in thats reasonably close.

Also, what websites have you guys found that have the plane/hotel tickets all into one.
Thanks for any info!
-Cody
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
Post edited by exalted512 on

Comments

• exalted512
    edited January 2007
    one more question, is it cheaper to book flights on weekends or weekdays.

As in, should I leave sat/sun/mon and should we come back on fri/sat?
    Youve got to remember, Im a poor college student:D
    -Cody
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited January 2007
    What does it take to go? I co-own a media productions company that uses consumer electronics... does that work?
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • cheddar
    cheddar Posts: 2,390
    edited January 2007
    ledhed wrote:
    What does it take to go? I co-own a media productions company that uses consumer electronics... does that work?

Takes money, either your own or a company who picks up the tab. Lol.
  • cheddar
    edited January 2007
    exalted512 wrote:
    Yup, I'm already planning on CES 2008. Just wondering what would be a good hotel to stay in thats reasonably close.

Also, what websites have you guys found that have the plane/hotel tickets all into one.
    Thanks for any info!
    -Cody

The hilton is probably the biggest hotel in close to where all the action is at the convention center. However, a lot of the good audio stuff was at the venetian this year. You can walk the distance between them, but it's a hike. There are also shuttles which are crowded at rush times.

The convention center and hilton are off the main strip. The venetian is right in the middle of it. So any of the strip hotels that are in the center like treasure island or mirage worked well for 2007.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    exalted512 wrote:
    one more question, is it cheaper to book flights on weekends or weekdays.

As in, should I leave sat/sun/mon and should we come back on fri/sat?
    Youve got to remember, Im a poor college student:D
    -Cody

It's usually cheaper to fly mid-week, but I'd just compare prices. You can't buy plane tickets for next January for another 7 months at LEAST, so I'd say that's the least of your worries.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2007
    Everything is more expensive around that time....from hotels to cabs to drinks, you're screwed. Start saving your money.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • exalted512
    edited January 2007
    well mid-week isnt an option. And sites like travelocity.com are already listing flights for mid december.

Cheddar, do you know how much just CES costs? Thanks for the info.

I'm currently looking at Harrah's as the place to stay. Prices seem very reasonable, right next to the ventian, and ratings are pretty good.
    -Cody
  • cheddar
    edited January 2007
    They've got a website.

http://www.cesweb.org/default.asp

Still in 2007 mode. They have a range of passes from just the floor to the all included everything pass that I think is $999 full price. There's some discounting depending on when you book it. But hey, you get a cool looking CES backpack...
  • exalted512
    edited January 2007
    Exhibits Plus Pass
    FREE in advance; $200 on-site
    Access to exhibit show floor, keynotes, SuperSessions and more than 60 conference sessions

How much of CES will you be able to see if you just get that one?
    -Cody
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited January 2007
    I bought my flight for this past CES about a month ahead of time, flew out on Saturday evening, flew home on Friday evening, and it was less than $200. Hotel is what's going to get you. I'm sure you can find a s- hole for a reasonable amount...
  • exalted512
    edited January 2007
    We were actually looking to stay at the Harrah. But I'm not sure how prices are going to be as of yet. Were probably going to book the hotel/flight as soon as possible, which is looking like itd be a month from now.

What all are you limited to when you only get the Exhibits Plus Pass?
    -Cody
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2007
    CES is one of the biggest events in Vegas, you WILL pay through the nose for a hotel room.

For example, I stayed at the Monte Carlo just after Thanksgiving for 55/night. The rates during CES were 275/night.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut