Ballroom Dancing

glemay
glemay Posts: 574
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
Hey guys,

Does anyone here ballroom dance? I'm just trying to figure out how many people can actually ballroom dance. What do you think of ballroom dancing? Is it something you should know, or is it a dying art?

I just signed up for lessons, so this is of interest to me.

To make things a little more interesting, post your age and gender.

P.S. Does anyone know the name of the song that is played at the end of TRUE LIES with Arnold Schwartzeneger ( spelling??). It a waltz or tango song, or something of that sort.

Thanks

glemay
Main System:
Denon AVR-2805, Polk Audio RTi70's, Polk Audio CSi40, Polk Audio FXi50, Paradigm PW-2200 v.2, Toshiba 42XV545U HDTV

Second System:
Denon AVR-1705, Polk Audio R40, Polk Audio CS245i, Polk Audio R15, Paradigm PS-1200a
Post edited by glemay on

Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2007
    my wife is bustin my arse on occasion to do it. I feel I'm just too big to look good doing it.

as much as it makes me sound odd, it impresses me when a couple can dance well.

if you aint married, its a tremendous chick magnet i'd imagine :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2007
    I think ballroom dancing is an art for unemployed dancers to make a living from people with to much time and money on their hands. Like anything else because of TV and dance "competitions" it is now way to "over the top". If you want to dance many of the formal steps, learn to do so...but ballroom dancing is an overpriced racket IMO. (sorry glemay...you asked).

I'm and old guy.

And your song is "Por Una Cabeza" by Carlos Gardel.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • glemay
    glemay Posts: 574
    edited January 2007
    Well, being a 19 year old guy, I aint married, thats for sure. lol

I was just going back through the old threads and I saw one where someone suggested that if you were in engineering, as I am, to take ballroom dancing. lol

Looks like I did pretty good. Now hopefully it will be interesting.

No problem shack, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and i respect that.

And thanks for the song
    Main System:
    Denon AVR-2805, Polk Audio RTi70's, Polk Audio CSi40, Polk Audio FXi50, Paradigm PW-2200 v.2, Toshiba 42XV545U HDTV

Second System:
    Denon AVR-1705, Polk Audio R40, Polk Audio CS245i, Polk Audio R15, Paradigm PS-1200a
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2007
    I don't know how to ballroom dance.. but what the hell.. have fun with it.. and learn something new. you never know when you may just have to pull out the stops and wow the crowd with your ballroom dancing skills?

have fun and enjoy it. :)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2007
    Haha. You can come up with a victory dance for when you solve a problem in a class...or later when you come up with a solution on the job...break out those mad ballroom dancing skills...

:D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520