Anyone watching the Aussie Open? (ESPN2)

aaharvel
aaharvel Posts: 4,489
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/index.html

No? lol not surprising. It gets poor ratings, especially since it's one of the four Grand Slams of the year.

I've got $10 on Federer. As usual. :D
H/K Signature 2.1+235
Jungson MagicBoat II
Revel Performa M-20
Velodyne cht-10 sub
Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
Post edited by aaharvel on

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited January 2007
    Yep, I'm watching it when I have free time between football and the Barrett-Jackson auction. Federer is certainly growing on me. If you remember last year I didn't think him worthy to the throne of Connors, Mac, Lendl, Sampras or Aggasi. But Roger has a lot of class, isn't too full of himself and is a very talented player.

I'm ultimately pulling for Roddick this year because I think it's awesome that Connors is his coach. The improvement has been very good so far and if he adopts even 10% of Connors' skill, heart and attitude for the game he'll be a contender everytime.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited January 2007
    Roddick's in a 5 set dogfight right now, Heiney. Hope you're watching it, it's a hell of a match.

I think the reason Aussie's Open is not considered one of the 4 slams (even though it is) is because like the US Open, it's played on a hardcourt surface. What most don't know is that it's a different kind of hardcourt from our Open. Aussie's surface is between French's clay and US Open's concrete if i'm not mistaken.

Glad to see the US Open refinished their courts in blue. Not only do they look much better than the traditional green (like Aussie's) but it gives both tournaments their own different look, which i'm guessing with the low ratings for Aussie's will benefit it.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited January 2007
    aaharvel wrote:
    Roddick's in a 5 set dogfight right now, Heiney. Hope you're watching it, it's a hell of a match.

I think the reason Aussie's Open is not considered one of the 4 slams (even though it is) is because like the US Open, it's played on a hardcourt surface. What most don't know is that it's a different kind of hardcourt from our Open. Aussie's surface is between French's clay and US Open's concrete if i'm not mistaken.

Glad to see the US Open refinished their courts in blue. Not only do they look much better than the traditional green (like Aussie's) but it gives both tournaments their own different look, which i'm guessing with the low ratings for Aussie's will benefit it.

Been flipping back and forth..............Roddick pulled it out!!!! Heading out to hopefully celebrate a Bears victory
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!