Polkfest at Antny's

Comments

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited January 2007
    Great news Ted, we have a home to destroy. Let me know what I can do to help.

Russ
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2007
    Thank God Ted, I was actually thinking about it.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited January 2007
    I think we should let Russman do it this year...yah that`s the ticket..!!!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • starchaser
    starchaser Posts: 354
    edited January 2007
    I've flown many a time into Jax. and headed North to the old shed.
    Many airlines to choose from and rental car companies are a short walk away.

I'm looking forward to this PF and getting my groove on with some nice gear.
    "There's a lot of places driving up and down I-95 that smell like ****" F1Nut
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited January 2007
    I think the best idea for this year is to let Victor(HALO) hold the reigns for the official Polkfest 2007. He's put forth alot of time and effort to organize the Chicago function and its turned out to look really cool.

It's about time this Polkfest idea shift focus to another region and this would be perfect. If you've never been to Chicago, you're losing out on so many levels.

I was supporting the Chicago gathering previously and will continue to turn all my efforts to make sure they have a great get together.

Viva Chicago!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    dorokusai wrote:
    I think the best idea for this year is to let Victor(HALO) hold the reigns for the official Polkfest 2007. He's put forth alot of time and effort to organize the Chicago function and its turned out to look really cool.

It's about time this Polkfest idea shift focus to another region and this would be perfect. If you've never been to Chicago, you're losing out on so many levels.

I was supporting the Chicago gathering previously and will continue to turn all my efforts to make sure they have a great get together.

Viva Chicago!

I've been to Chi town several times rockin place it is but that friggin wind goes right through you!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited January 2007
    I've been to Chi town several times rockin place it is but that friggin wind goes right through you!

You friggin' baby!!:)
    It's only that windy downtown,the rest of the burbs are like anywhere USA.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    tonyb wrote:
    You friggin' baby!!:)
    It's only that windy downtown,the rest of the burbs are like anywhere USA.

LOL, I spent a lot of time downtown and in Grant Park I believe. The only other place I felt that kind of cold was is Flint MI, and LaCrosse WI. . . you feel that cold to your very core. Oh yeah I forgot Buffalo NY. . . eeekkkkk:eek:
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2007
    Damn I thought we had this settled?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited January 2007
    Just testing you Steve. ;)
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote:
    Damn I thought we had this settled?

The NJ Polkfest is defunct, let him handle his own business privately....respect?

How about we shift focus onto an actual event? ala Chicago?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2007
    NJ where did you get NJ? Ted lives in Georgia.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited January 2007
    I appreciate the support and offers to help and pm's guys.

Come early brother Shack, maybe I can get me a little Shack on the greens!!!! We have alot of nice courses some reasonable some extremely expensive.

Joe--I have made the drive in a day, I drive to central pa all the time which takes about 12 hours for reference. If you drove to Troy's think another couple hours down 95.

I am thinking the tradtional October dates which should make for very nice weather, not to hot and it never gets really cold here.

I would envision three different listening area's, with different type rigs, a fourth for cans plus the outside areas for the Isonic/outdoor speaks hang out area's.

RT1

Sweet, another reason to go to the Golden Isles this year!! I've made the trip to Jekyll about 6 or so times and is about 7.5 hours from Athens so 6.5 from Chattanooga and 8.5 from Knoxville. Sound about right?
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2007
    I think we need to sort this out as Ted had volunteered to do it back at my place, has talked to Antny about it as well as quite a few more people.

I'm unaffected as I probably won't be in country this year so my opinion doesn't really count.

EDIT: I've waded through the ChiPF thread and, no offense to Halo and the gang as I know they are trying to pull together a cool event, I'm going to give the edge to Ted in terms of being better prepared/equipped for the job.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited January 2007
    I'm cool with going to Ted's or Chicago. As Dave mentioned, my wife gave the OK for my pad if there is a desperate need to have it in NJ, hell, I've been mulling around a mini PA/Jersey/NY meet for a while anyway and need a serious excuse to get me off my arse and clean my basement.

what would be the logistics for PF at ted's, Airports etc? I got an aunt in the Atlanta area, but I know I cant be lucky enough for Ted to be around there right :D

Never been to Chicago, but my wife has and she loved it.

the PF is still a ways off though, but lets get the details hamerred out so we can plan early
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2007
    Whatever, I'm not going either way, so have fun Polkies.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2007
    The "Chicagofest" is not actually in Chicago...at least not the one that is being planned. It's a couple hours south, in Bloomington IL.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2007
    I'm going to Ted's...whether he has a PF or not...he just doesn't know it yet. ;) I need to get back down to Jekyll Island anyway.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2007
    Wherever PF is I will be there. I would love to see the group again and meet some new polkies.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2007
    Look guys, Anthony called me, asked me if I would do it and I said I would.

I feel it would be fun to have the guys over for a big bash, hear some music, and get to see some gear. All of the Polkfest's have been excellent, Russ, Troy and Mark have set a very high standard, I did not make the first one (PF) but have been to the last three of them and understand everything that goes into pulling one off and it is a lot of work. Even my wife attended the last one, so no problems in that area's. As stated by the members who have been here the house is a pretty good set up for the fest.

Access to Brunswick is easy, Brunswick is located on the coastline of Georgia about 50 miles north of the Jacksonville Airport and 60 miles south of Savannah Airport, these places are very easy to get in and out of. There is also a Jetport in Brunswick Ga, serviced from Atlanta (Delta) Jets land there several flights a day, this Airport is about 10 minutes from my home, as a smaller airport you are going to pay more though. Driving access is easy, the house is located about 5 minutes from exit 36B off of 95.

All of the major chains have hotels close by the house (5-10 minutes)everthing from motel 6 to marriot and in between, if your ritzy the Islands offer some upscale rooms, the overall rates are reasonable as this is Georgia. The area is a historic region, has a considerable "resort" trade with the barrier islands and unique shopping.

I have no problem with texas or chi-town, heck I am from Chicago, the city of Chicago, the Southside as a matter of fact. I would also say the Club is strong with so many willing to open their homes to folks.

As I said in the beginning, I just thought it would be good to have the fest here, share my home with old friends and get to know some new ones and have a big party.

RT1
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited January 2007
    I'm there, Big Daddy. Thank you for stepping up. I'd like to hit Chicago, but I won't be able to.

I'm sorry for the confusion, Everybody. I really am. But I got **** to deal with, pure and simple...
  • TroyD
    edited January 2007
    Antny....don't sweat it man.

BDT
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited January 2007
    No reason that both events shouldn't happen. I'll be at both.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    edited January 2007
    Now THERE is an idea.

BDT
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    I've convinced my wife to attend the Southern version of Polk Fest with me. She is really into it plus we have this really great time share (not really a time share) that has a lot of luxury places in Georgia.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2007
    Sweet! So you've got room for me, and my gimp doro, if need be?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    Sweet! So you've got room for me, and my gimp doro, if need be?

Your gimp is talking like he's done with PFs...
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • TroyD
    edited January 2007
    He's been saying that since the first one. Mark's a lifer.

BDT
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2007
    If Mark doesn't go...who's gonna wear the assless chaps???????

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    edited January 2007
    Edit: I moved my post to the Official PF Brunswick thread.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...