transporting SRS 2.3tls

catmat10_2
catmat10_2 Posts: 52
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
Is there anything special I need to know about transporting these speaker so I don't damage them?
Post edited by catmat10_2 on

Comments

• Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited January 2007
    Any model of SDA should be layed flat on their back when transporting....You will need a Pickup or large SUV,Minivan,etc.

Loading them on their sides can cause problems with the drivers,knocking them out of alignment.

This of course depends on how far you are traveling and road conditions.

I would also use some padding of some kind under the speakers...I've used a 2" piece of foam rubber (mattress pad) this will give them a little cushion.
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited January 2007
    The ones I moved, I placed a large garbage bag over them, then placed sleeping bags over them. Used an inflatable mattress plus padding in back of pickup. Like he said, lay them on the back. Take your time and avoid sudden stops and bumps. Good luck.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited January 2007
    I can't add much more other than make sure that the load does NOT shift,,,and NEVER exceed the speed limit ,,Especially if you are out of state,good luck;)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited January 2007
    Beware of the top secret polk car jackers.....:)

What route are you takeing??
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • george daniel
    edited January 2007
    let us know your route/timetable and we will run interferrence for you,, the make and color of the vehicle would be nice also :D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited January 2007
    He'll be in northern Florida.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• catmat10_2
    edited January 2007
    Thanks alot guys thats just what I wanted to know. As far as you top secret polk car jackers are concerned, my route and timetable is secret. I will tell you this. I'm not in Florida.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited January 2007
    Got any help? If not bring a handcart. Use a car rental company (free mileage) vs. Hertz, Ryder etc that charge by the mile. When you move these, treat them like gold bars. In other words you want to try your best not to drop them.

I moved 2.3TL's by myself and had no problems. First laid down a foam pad under each, then the speakers on their backs and filled in the sides with blankets to keep them in place. A cover for the top is good if you need to park for awhile. Be careful of their backs when you slide them off the tailgate. At home I opened the tailgate, dragged the foam forward a little bit then slid the speakers out gently with the foam.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited January 2007
    My mistake, thought you were getting the Florida pair on ePay.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Polk65
    edited January 2007
    Maybe he's just trying to shake you off the trail.
  • catmat10_2
    edited January 2007
    I got them there not 2.3tl they are SDA SRS 2.3s. Still kick **** speakers. I pulled the speakers and they had 1988 stamped on them. They match my montor 10bs perfectly. They were made in 1988 too.
  • Polk65
    edited January 2007
    Glad to hear you both made it home safe. Pix please. :)
  • george daniel
    edited January 2007
    congrats-glad you arrived safely