Selling on ebay & audiogon at same time

bikezappa
bikezappa Posts: 2,463
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
I was highest bidder on an audiogon auction for a tuner. I found out that the same tuner and oictures was for sale on ebay.

They ended up selling for about the same price but the seller has told me that the tuner fell out of the rack and is now broken. Right.

I can report him to audiogon because i was the high bidder. how can i report him to ebay that he put the tuner on two auctions?

Any suggestions?

I have paid nothing from paypal.
Post edited by bikezappa on

Comments

• Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited January 2007
    Forget about it. Lesson learned. Just give him negative feedback.

Since listing on multiple sites occurs frequently, I always check before bidding/buying. Sometimes the pricing is different. I think, however, sellers should inform potential buyers that the item is listed elsewhere.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • bikezappa
    edited January 2007
    Can I give him negative feedback on ebay ?

I can on audiogon, I know.

I didn't bid on ebay.

Lesson learned, you are correct.
  • Kelley_Moore
    Kelley_Moore Posts: 57
    edited January 2007
    I don't think so; I believe the same rules apply that only high bidders have the ability to leave feedback.

Now go find yourself a better tuner! Happy shopping!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2007
    don't leave neg feedback for him on Ebay.. if you didn't win the auction on Ebay.. he'll just fire back a nasty neg for you as well. and it leads nowhere.

move on. find yourself another tuna and be happy.

FYI, what kind of tuner are you looking for?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • bikezappa
    edited January 2007
    I was looking to buy a Heathkit AJ1600 tuner to complete my set. I have the power amp, pre amp and equalizer. They are all rack mountable and look very industrial. They are all in mint shape.

Thanks for adice everyone. I will just give him a bad feedback on audiogon.

The dog ate my homework also.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited January 2007
    I had a dealing on ebay that didn't go very smoothly yesterday, my first of about 30 that I came away unhappy.

The guy was local, but after winning the auction says I had to pay the listed $65 shipping. . . no pickup available (even though I offered to pay a pickup fee), no discount for local shipping.

So, I pay and just chalk it up to not asking ahead of time. Then, items show up with a label reading $28.55 for shipping, so I got screwed out of $36.45 just on shipping. . . and, to make it worse, one of the two pieces is pretty beat up, even though it was listed as in excellent condition on the posting.

I emailed the guy letting him know he was less than upfront about the condition, and he fires back that nothing used is going to be perfect and to him, it's in excellent condition.

So, I know if I leave neg feedback, he'll touche me with negative as well, even though I paid in full the same day I won the auction. Any advice on how to proceed? Just take this one on the chin, probably not worth the trouble, huh?
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited January 2007
    Isn't there something on ebay where you can report over-priced shipping charges? I dunno, just thought I remember reading about that somewhere.

Here comes the ebay sucks guy...
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2007
    Depends on what it is....
    Of course, he deserves negative feedback, but it may not be worth it to pick up some yourself.

Phantom.... moi?
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • AndyGwis
    edited January 2007
    it was some audio gear. Nad 214 and 712. Was thinking I got a great deal on it. I need the receiver as my new pre and was going to sell the 712 to recoup most of the money back.

But, throw in $65 shipping I didn't think I would have to pay and then the fact I won't be able to resell the 214 in its current condition for near what I was hoping, and it ain't such a great deal.

Definitely not worth negative feedback on my end. I hate how sellers can give neg feedback for buyers that pay on time and do nothing wrong.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited January 2007
    Phantom.... moi?
    nah, I was confused and was thinking about RT1 and his Paypal haiku's :p

ebay paypal... close enough :o
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2007
    I would do the negative feedback. F him! You can respond to any negative he leaves. I always read the negative feedback when I get ready to do a deal. 100% is not a prerequisite if there are valid reasons for a negative or it appears to be something like your situation.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2007
    Too funny Phantom:D

I can only hope we get a limmerick, rhyme, or stanza out of RT on this issue...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited January 2007
    You can get fd sometimes by rediculous shipping as well. I once bought a dvd from a place for $2.99 and $10 shipping. It came all scratched up when it was supposed to be in like new condition, it would not play. So I email them and they say that they will refund the purchase price, which I am cool with. Until I see a refund of $2.99, not $12.99 I was expecting. They said they only refund the item price, not shipping, which is apperently very common and supported by ebay. Of course actual cost to ship was around $3 for media mail, so I complained to paypal and got the full amount back.

Maybe he is hopping you will send it back on your dime, then he can sell to someone else and make another $36 on the deal. I would personally skip ebay and go straight to a paypal dispute. The only downside is there will probably be bad feedback involved, but not always.

Jared
  • bikezappa
    edited January 2007
    The new rule for me is to check and/or ask the shipping cost before I bid now. Buyer beware.
  • RichCanDo
    RichCanDo Posts: 177
    edited January 2007
    Regarding AndyGwis post above:

You can file an "Item Not Received" complaint with eBay. Under this title it provides for "Item Not Received As Described" - Save all correspondence from seller to forward to eBay.

I purchased a 15 year old EQ described as "Excellent Condition, used in $100k system 1-1/2 years, been in storage. Tested/Works" The unit looked as though it had been dragged behind a car! The rack mount ears were bent backward at all 4 front corners as though it had been dropped 4 times. 2 freq slider switches were broken off! Had dead batteries leaking acid into unit & all scratched up. When I complained to seller his reply was "damage is only cosmetic, unit still in excellent condition." LOL

Filed Item Not Received complaint with eBay and eBay refunded $175 of a $235 purchase. (They only pay a % of costs if you pay with a Money Order, and do not refund S/H charges.) Took about 3-4 months though, and they required I have a 3rd party examine the item and provide a statement. A local shop wrote it up as "Severely Damaged" for no charge. I also sent eBay detailed photos and the Audiogon Grading scale. EQ I purchased in "Excellent Condition" scored 2/10 !
    Mains; SDA 1.2TL Silk Domes, upgraded xover, biamped w/DBX BX1 200wpc
    Pre-amp: DBX CX1
    Center: CS1000p Rear Surr.; f/x1000
    Parasound HCA-1205A amp; Center & rear
    Sub: SVS PB12-Ultra
    DVD: Denon 3910
    Tuner, FM: Onkyo Integra T-9090II
    Cassette: Onkyo Integra TA-2090
    VCRs: JVC HD4000U digital, HRS8000U SVHS
    Signal Processing: DBX; 10/20 EQ, SNR-1, 120X-DS, 3BX-DS, DAV-600G Router, Onkyo EQ-35
    Conditioning: Monster AVS2000, HTS5100MKII
  • AndyGwis
    edited January 2007
    Yeah. I'm thinking I could go that route with it. . . but, upon putting in some time with the item today, I was pretty easily able to bang the top cover back to flat (it was dented pretty bad on one side) and flattened the gouge that was on the side.

Now, it is much more presentable. It wasn't in terrible shape, but you expect something to look a certain way when it's labeled "excellent." If it said, item is in good used condition, that certainly means there can be some love marks here and there.

I'm probably just going to stick with my original plan, but instead of being able to sell it for $200 - $220, I'll probably look for closer to $180 or so.

The one good thing, it works really well, looks a bit better now, and the inside looks "excellent." Doesn't change the fact the seller is a big time pric&, tho.