Did anyone just see the Colbert/O'Reilly segment?

Comments

• TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited January 2007
    Fair enough.. I am still having trouble figuring out, due to what was said and what was qouted, why this statement was made.. What exaclty was the meaning of it? And I believe that can only be answered by the person that made it..
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited January 2007
    Fair enough.. I am still having trouble figuring out, due to what was said and what was qouted, why this statement was made.. What exaclty was the meaning of it? And I believe that can only be answered by the person that made it..

don't sweat it. You're new, sort of, we make all sorts of comments to each other here, usually in good humor. Gotta have thick skin to survive here. Do that, and you get to know alotta cool guys, regardless of ideology.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited January 2007
    Dont worry aaharvel.. Im not upset or anything.. However, I have never heard that saying before, so I googled the exact phrase and it came back as sexual harassment.. Was just wondering where that had any merit in what we were initally talking about..

You must have made a mistake and typed in "Quim pro Quo":rolleyes:
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2007
    Unfortunately, I'm obviously not as edjucated as you dorokusai, but I would still like to know what you meant by "quid pro qou." If I am not mistaken this is a reference to sexual harassment??

I'm a toilet intellectual with the attention span of a sea turtle...if that qualifies as educated, than I'm a freaking scholar. I'm not sure where your info comes from but you would have to go way out of your way to offend or harass me.....I'm electronic.

I apologize for not responding quickly enough for you.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    edited January 2007
    I am fairly new and I do have very thick skin; nonetheless, since the day I joined this forum I have been polite, thankful, as well as humble to any and everyone that I have been in contact with.. I give and have given everyone on this site the utmost respect and consideration.. I am 29 years old, and I expect to be treated the same way.. That being said, I am not pi$$ed or anything, I just wanted a honest answer to my question. Also, I do not want to feel like I am going to be criticized or made fun of at other people exspense on this site when responding or joing in on a specific thread.. I am here to learn as much as I possibly can before I start spending thousands of dollars on my "dream system" as well as make friends in the process.. Its just very discouraging to try to fit in, while other people judge you and not even know you.. This is not the first time my character has been questioned and I'm not understanding why I am getting the 5th degree.. Anyways, it has been forgotten and lets get back to the original topic at hand... :)
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2007
    Perhaps my sarcasm and dialect makes you feel funny. Noone made fun of you or judged you, at any time, and you have the internet at your fingertips for information in regards to specific comments to your queries.

You've been real active lately and thats cool but if you're getting bent on a couple broad comments and a Latin structure, of which I don't even speak Latin fluently....just enough to get me killed or beaten, get lost. You speak of thick skin....the internet is your friend and relax.

I encourage you to participate nonetheless as my involvement in the conversation is borderline meaningless anyways. Wait a minute....where am I?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    edited January 2007
    <--- Holds out hand... Friends?
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2007
    Naturally...you're a Polkster.
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    edited January 2007
    Soon to be a Polkateer...
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited January 2007
    *shakes head*

That read like an ol' Calvin and Hobbes Comic Strip
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    edited January 2007
    im not familiar with that comic strip Refefer.. Is it funny?
  • aaharvel
    edited January 2007
    Dorokusai is latin for Machine

terminator-tpb-original-painting.jpg
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • dorokusai
    edited January 2007
    or Japanese for stinky mud.
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited January 2007

Very much so.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited January 2007
    as most of far right republicans do

Really!?!
    while other people judge you and not even know you

Who is judging whom??? :rolleyes:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    Its just very discouraging to try to fit in, while other people judge you and not even know you..

Stop trying to fit in and be yourself.
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    edited January 2007
    In case you two (F1Nut, HearingImpaired) did not read the entire thread, this situation is over with, and there is no need to revisit it nor dwell on it.. Dorokausi and I have settled the situation/difference, whatever you want to call it, and we are currently back to what the thread was originally about..

Thanks

Josh
  • scottnbnj
    scottnbnj Posts: 709
    edited January 2007
    correct, sir. sexual harassment.

)
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited January 2007
    Unfortunately, I'm obviously not as edjucated as you dorokusai, but I would still like to know what you meant by "quid pro qou." If I am not mistaken this is a reference to sexual harassment??

Kind of think of it as "something for something".
    Sal Palooza
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007

Wow, really?

Bill Waterson, the guy who wrote it, is widely regarded as one of the most respected cartoonists of all time for that comic. Read and learn.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited January 2007
    Just for the record, Fox "News" has been demonstrated time and again to be the most centered and least biased news source on TV with a mild right of center slant. The other networks do take a hard left bend and Fox Commentary goes far right.

I always get a kick out of the attacks on Fox News by libs. Can you give one example of a right wing take on the news that wasn't commentary? Oh, BTW, the least biased print magazine is the "Christian Science Monitor"

As for the point of this thread, I like watching two informed, or two entertaining guys have at it.... :)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited January 2007
    Anyone who thinks O'Reilly is far right would be doing themselves a favor by finding out who his favorite politician of all times was ...
  • aaharvel
    edited January 2007
    I do like Sheperd Smith. Greta von Frankenstein gives me nightmares.

JD I don't have to provide evidence. Been there, done that. The topic has been beaten to death many times over with Susteren's ugly stick, and no matter what case I bring to the table, you'll just shoot it down with what you believe is factual so what's the point. Read John Moody's memos. He's the executive producer of Fox News. Next to impossible to refute the horses mouth. Unless of course the English language has a doppelganger lurking about that I and millions of other Americans are unaware of.

"mild right of center bias." That's nice. Baby steps. ;)
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited January 2007
    aaharvel wrote:
    I do like Sheperd Smith.

Greta von Frankenstein gives me nightmares.

+1 on that big guy!
    She reminds me of the old Clutch Cargo cartoons.:)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited January 2007
    At least I'm not to the point that I think CNN, CBS, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, etc are unbiased. Those news programs just piss me off with their unashamed bias.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    aaharvel wrote:
    Greta von Frankenstein gives me nightmares.

Greta von Frankenstein WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    tonyb wrote:
    aaharvel wrote:
    She reminds me of the old Clutch Cargo cartoons.:)

You guys are killing me my side is splitting open . . . Clutch Cargo WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    In case you two (F1Nut, HearingImpaired) did not read the entire thread, this situation is over with, and there is no need to revisit it nor dwell on it.. Dorokausi and I have settled the situation/difference, whatever you want to call it, and we are currently back to what the thread was originally about..

Thanks

Josh

Just trying to help you out Josh.:rolleyes: :p
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited January 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    At least I'm not to the point that I think CNN, CBS, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, etc are unbiased. Those news programs just piss me off with their unashamed bias.
    News is not biased ... it's news i.e. reporting of facts ... so if you think you've found a news program that's biased then it's something else pretending to be news ... Unlike the news programs of decades gone by, that's most of them ...