audio chat?

snow
snow Posts: 4,337
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
i dont know if this is a great idea or not but i would like to give it a shot. i know there is a live chat option on some forums which is kool if you happen to catch the right fellow. i am sure that some of you have yahoo messenger or msn messenger or aim for messenger services. i happen to use yahoo and if any of you care to you can add me to your buddy list so we chat about audio related things. my yahoo is snow7777733 REGARDS SNOW
Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
Post edited by snow on

Comments

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2007
    who would ever wanna talk to you?:confused:

jk, cool idea for a chat room. Ventrilo is a pretty neat service as well.
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited January 2007
    I don't think Polk would ever sponser or provide a chatroom on the forums here for the simple reason that it's impossible to moderate. I know they do very very little of that in terms of us posting (thanks for not censoring opinions, Polk), but who knows what type of nut job might log into a chat room and blast spam to whomever enters.

I like the idea, but I think we'll have to make our own if we want to talk to anyone.

Besides, the one advantage of the forum over a chatroom is that everything becomes documented and immortalized on the forum and all that wealth of information is just a search away.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited January 2007
    Im not opposed to the idea at all.. AIM - ItzMeJoshG MSN - pcolaboi@hotmail.com Although, it seems that a good amount of ppl on here think I am some kind of "madman" on the loose.. :confused: According to some posts I have read/answered..

But, If you would like to talk to a crazy:eek: , derranged:rolleyes: , mental:confused: , and somewhat psychopathic :mad: excuse for a human being, I am available most of the time. :)
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited January 2007
    Refefer wrote:
    I don't think Polk would ever sponser or provide a chatroom on the forums here for the simple reason that it's impossible to moderate. I know they do very very little of that in terms of us posting (thanks for not censoring opinions, Polk), but who knows what type of nut job might log into a chat room and blast spam to whomever enters.

I like the idea, but I think we'll have to make our own if we want to talk to anyone.

Besides, the one advantage of the forum over a chatroom is that everything becomes documented and immortalized on the forum and all that wealth of information is just a search away.
    agreed that it isnt going to happen here for the reasons stated. i know there has been many times i wanted to have a question answered. and had to wait for a response, then reply back and wait some more lol. and thought i would post my yahoo so if at some point there are people that want to they can contact me and have a real time conversation. REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited January 2007
    The nice thing about a forum-style setup is that then the answer to your question is archived and able to be found by other people having the same or similar problem.
    Ludicrous gibs!