Polk Audio SDA 1C

Options
DiscoMike
DiscoMike Posts: 114
For Sale -
SDA 1C - Cherry Maple Top and Bottom wood finish.
I have the connecting cable. Tweeters are the original tweets, not the upgraded version. Could use a fresh new grille cloth on the speakers. Works perfectly. I hate to get rid of these, but they are taking up room and have to go.
You will have to come pick up if you are interested. I live in Yonkers NY, 10710.

Asking $300.

You can check out my ebay rating if you are interested. Its Disco-Mike.

I have just took some pictures with a friends camera and uploaded just a few. If anyone is interested in seeing more, please email me.

Thanks much !
Post edited by DiscoMike on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited January 2007
    Options
    What's the condition of the cabinets? Do you have pictures?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2007
    Options
    What's an SVS Galaxy Destroyer?

Nice price.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited January 2007
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    What's an SVS Galaxy Destroyer?

I think SVS had a 4 - 12" woofer box sub. Ships on one of those "Wide Load" 18 wheel trailers.
    Carl

• RuSsMaN
    edited January 2007
    Options
    I thought it was like a Wave Motion Gun. Star Blazers-esque, or some such.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • DiscoMike
    edited January 2007
    Options
    The SVS Galaxy Destroyer is the PB12 Plus/2 equipped with laser cannons. It can disintergrate anyone who gets in the way with ease. Comes in handy in sticky situations ! I really love this sub !

Cabinets are in good condition from what I can tell, no chipping, but I do notice that the sides are coming off the speaker. They will have to be reglued on. The grilles are in fair condition, it could use a makeover.

I have to get some pics, I am sorry that I do not have a camera at the moment, but I will try and get one from someone and put them up asap.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2007
    Options
    incredible speaks for he price. another 200 for upgraded tweets and that 500 total for sweet as sound. or, leave em stock, whatever. price is a no brainer. If I wasnt big speaker heavy at the moment I would snag em just to be in the SDA club again.

anyone need help with a relay? Yonkers aint too far from me
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2007
    Options
    What is the condition of the cloth on the speaker, can you send me a picture, I miss my 1C's.

RT1
  • DiscoMike
    edited January 2007
    Options
    email me your address. I can now send pics as I borrowed a camera from a friend.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Mike,

I will take the 1C speakers for the 300.00 price you posted, your e-mail to me is a bit confusing, are you now saying you want me to pay you 500.00 for these speakers or is that with the sub galaxy thing?????

Ohskigod has agreed to pick them up for me. The pictures you sent me do show full disclosure and these are going to need some work as far as the looks department.

RT1
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Lou it looks like were doing a road trip huh?
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Welcome back to the 1C club Ted!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited January 2007
    Options
    I can help with pickup if needed.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • starchaser
    starchaser Posts: 354
    edited January 2007
    Options
    It was only matter of time... enjoy Ted!
    "There's a lot of places driving up and down I-95 that smell like ****" F1Nut
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Man, why can't I find a friggin' pair of SDA's in Texas, Oklahoma or Arkansas (my territory for work)?!?!?!?! I'm watching some that are 700 to 900 miles away that I'd be willing to drive and get but if I don't have to, it would be nice! Heck, I travel (read drive) for work anyway so driving isn't a concern. Sheesh...lol
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited January 2007
    Options
    SDA's have the magical knack of showing up in your neck of the woods shortly after liberating a pair across the state line. Which model are you thinking of? This thread occasionally gets updated (but read the last post first). http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29951

P.S. Ted, glad to hear that your SDA glasses will be ON again. ;)
  • avguytx
    edited January 2007
    Options
    I figure that would be what happens to me. I get a pair from far off, then a bunch will pop up. I would really like the larger ones. SRS, 1.2's, 1.2TL's, 2.3's, 2.3TL's, etc. If something would pop up and give me the choice, I would go from there! lol
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Well, I am waiting to hear from Disco. The posted price is 300.00 but he sent me an e-mail saying something about listening to them and wanting 500.00.

I dunno.

RT1
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Hopefully it is just a missunderstanding. Changing one's mind and deciding to keep them is understandable...it happens all the time. Increasing the price mid transaction is not cool.

As I said, it is probably a missunderstanding....
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • reeltrouble1
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Ok, I got an e-mail from DiscoMike an the price is as posted in the thread, 300.

I am getting a big assist from the Pony Express on this one.

Edit...Lou I sent you a pm so we can make arrangements.

RT1
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Congrats RT! Let us know when you get them back home.

Carl
    Carl

• RuSsMaN
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Nothing like downgrading eh Ted? ;)

You need go out and find some Carver that's long in the tooth to drive them.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,797
    edited January 2007
    Options
    avguytx wrote:
    I figure that would be what happens to me. I get a pair from far off, then a bunch will pop up. I would really like the larger ones. SRS, 1.2's, 1.2TL's, 2.3's, 2.3TL's, etc. If something would pop up and give me the choice, I would go from there! lol

Here you go!:D

http://cgi.ebay.com/POLK-AUDIO-SDA-SRS-2-3-LOUDSPEAKERS-FLOOR-SPEAKERS_W0QQitemZ300074813885QQihZ020QQcategoryZ71571QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited January 2007
    Options
    xsmi wrote:

I like how the guy the guy stored them,under a carport...then screwed the side panels back on after the water damage...

Good thing he's selling them,he certainly doesn't deserve to own them.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited January 2007
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    Nothing like downgrading eh Ted? ;)

You need go out and find some Carver that's long in the tooth to drive them.

Cheers,
    Russ

hmmmmm........More like hitting an old enjoyable girlfriend, I want them for the fest and I have a new rig in mind and need to free a set up, may use them to replace the rears in the RTR.

Esavinon--Thanks for offering to help, I think Ohskigod is going to get them if needed we will be ringing you.

RT1
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited January 2007
    Options
    I'm glad to help. Let me know if i'm needed.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • avguytx
    edited January 2007
    Options
    xsmi wrote:

Hmm...close enough but more than I want to pay for them. I might watch til the end and see how it goes. I'd be willing to drive 800 miles one way to save a few hundred dollars...I think! lol

Thanks for the heads up!
  • reeltrouble1
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Well, I made this deal for these 1C's a while ago, certainly has turned into a good news, bad news sort of thing.

First the Good News, the Polk Pony express was excellent, two members picked them up for me, another two stored them a bit, and now F1Nut has them, a slow trip to Maryland but a trip nonetheless. Jesse was going to get the wood looking good and bring them to the Fest.

So Jesse starts the restore process. Of course he begins by taking all the drivers out........BAD NEWS......all of the mid-drivers and the both of the passive radiators have holes in them, looks like cat claw damage, which the grills had suffered damage from.

Now DiscoMike had not mentioned this in his ad, one of them, the hole is quite large and obvious and one of the members who picked them up had mentioned it to me. The other holes are smaller and you have to really look in the surround to see them.

Well I now need eight drivers, four of the 10's and four of the 11's, there is a good chance Jesse can repair the passive radiator holes.

My intention was to have these available at the Fest in October for us to get are 1C groove on and then pass them along.

It would be nice if DiscoMike would contact me. But he has not been around for a while.

RT1
  • RuSsMaN
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Sorry to hear about that Ted, happy to help with funding the restore if need be.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I'm sorry for your troubles. Since when do hardcore folks worry about long distance SDA's?
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited April 2007
    Options
    dude, I'm sorry I missed em :(

I'll redouble my effort to find that extra driver.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites