Praise

SLOCOOKN
SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
I have been patiently waiting on B&K to Fix my PRE and it is now completed and upgraded.

My experience was not pleasant at first. At least that is what I thought.

The avp 1030 is about 10-15 years old..not a scratch on it. One day it just died.
So I took it to a local repair shop. They diagnosed the problem and contacted B&K who agreed and said it was a common problem.

They would not sell parts to the repair shop nor would they allow me to mail just the bad board to them. I was upset. I knew what the problem was and at least it was repairable so I shipped the whole component to them.

One week later (today) they called and said that it was fixed. They put in a whole new board, did a couple of upgrades, cleaned the unit and fully tested and put the unit back to full spec.

They did not charge me for the new board. Only charged me one hour of labor and shipping back to me.

I guess SOMETIMES, SOME companies do great deeds! With this
experience B&K get a PLUS 1 from me.

Thanks Steve
:eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
Sony cx985v (for now)
BBE 482i
B&K AVP 1030
Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
Nordost RCA
SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
Belkin pf60
Carver TFM 55x
Signal Analog 2 RCA
AudioQuestType 4
VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
Post edited by SLOCOOKN on

Comments

• pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited January 2007
    It's nice to hear stories like yours. Kudo's to B&K on outstanding customer service. It's just a shame that there aren't more companies with the same commitment to taking care of their customers especially so long after the original sale.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited January 2007
    Made in the USA...not saying that that will guarantee great customer service or great equipment. B&K has been around for a long time.And have a good reputation. That is hard to do these days! I am not sure if they still made in the USA. However, most of my equipment is or was made in the USA. Just makes me feel better I guess.
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited January 2007
    It just goes to show you that "good" customer service goes along way. I would like to see more companies adopt this philisophy. Glad that it turned out well for you.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2007
    B&K is a great company to deal with and the fact that the units are almost future proof ala upgrade....ALMOST, was a huge selling point to me.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.