Info on Tweeter (The store)

ledhed
ledhed Posts: 1,088
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
I currently cannot have a job (full time student - parents say "no job" etc.) but will have time for one during maymester (a shortened semester in May, I'll only be taking one, very easy, class) and would like to get a job.

I was told at the Tweeter in Knoxville, TN that I was just the type of person the store is interested in and probably the same would go for the ones in the Nashville area. So, I know a few of you have worked there and I was wondering about some of their policies.

Is it commission/hourly/salary for a sales position?
How would they respond to working one month only?
Is transferring a viable option?

I would love to work here in Nashville during may and then transfer to either the Knoxville or Chattanooga store for the summer (both cities are an hour from my hometown) is it possible that the pay would be worth a 2 hour commute each day? Or should I just try to work in the factory 2 minutes from my house at a little over $8/hour probably on 2nd shift?

Any info or advice on the store would be great.

Thanks,
Jack
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
Post edited by ledhed on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2007
    PM or email Mantis.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2007
    I looked into working at the Chattanooga store and they send you off to some stupid school for 3 weeks for "training" before you can start. Im not sure if they still do that or if it applies to part timers tho. And they are commission based or at least they were when I applied last year.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    edited January 2007
    Or should I just try to work in the factory 2 minutes from my house at a little over $8/hour probably on 2nd shift?

Making what?
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • slush
    slush Posts: 124
    edited January 2007
    gwh wrote:
    Making what?

8.00 an hour, duh!

:p
  • ledhed
    edited January 2007
    gwh wrote:
    Making what?

Either fuel injectors, sick coils, spark plugs etc. It's Denso Manufacturing.
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    edited January 2007
    Sounds interesting.
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • ledhed
    edited January 2007
    gwh wrote:
    Sounds interesting.

Haha, more than likely, I'd be inspecting parts. So, looking through a microscope for eight hours a day. But of course, for a little over $8/hour