its official..the ACLU is a joke

13»

Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2007
    If you look closely at the 1st picture below, you will note that all the Marines pictured are bowing their heads. That's because they're praying.

This incident took place at a recent ceremony honoring the birthday of the corps, and it has the ACLU up in arms. "These are federal employees," says Lucius Traveler, a spokesman for the ACLU, "on federal property and on federal time. For them to pray is clearly an establishment of religion, and we must nip this in the bud immediately."

When asked about the ACLU's charges, Colonel Jack Fessender, speaking for the Commandant of the Corps said (cleaned up a bit), "Screw the ACLU." GOD Bless Our Warriors, Send the ACLU to France.

Please send this to people you know so everyone will know how stupid the ACLU is Getting in trying to remove GOD from everything and every place in America. May God Bless America, One Nation Under GOD!

What's wrong with the picture?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Nuff Said!!!

I hope that pops up in snopes and is not true. that would be a far more disgusting stance from the ACLU than any other I've seen, accept maybe the Namlba defence.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited January 2007
    The koran that he swore in on was at one time the property of Thomas Jefferson.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • Polkersince85
    edited January 2007
    A moment in our history:

Washington's prayer for the Nation

Almighty God, we make our earnest prayer that thou wilt keep the United States in thy holy protection, that Thou wilt incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of of subordination and obediance to government, and entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow citizens of the United States at large.
    And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed religion, and without an humble imitation of whose example in these things, we can never hope to be a happy nation.
    Grant our supplications, we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.

written at Newburg, June 8, 1783 and sent to the Governors of all the states
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited January 2007
    The Constitution states that the government shall not establish an official state religion like England had. It says nothing about religion being excluded from policy.

BINGO, BINGO, BINGO!!!

And yes, sand to glass, all problems solved, no back peddling from the left and no BS to deal with.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2007
    the marine story, thankfully, is not true
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/marines.asp
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    ohskigod wrote:
    I hope that pops up in snopes and is not true. that would be a far more disgusting stance from the ACLU than any other I've seen, accept maybe the Namlba defence.

I looked all over snopes for that one and couldn't find it and that is why I posted it. That doesn't mean it is not there. I sometimes get confused and don't use the proper keywords when searching for things on websites.

EDIT: Thanks dude for debunking it!
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    The koran that he swore in on was at one time the property of Thomas Jefferson.

That was also brought up by Praeger. I don't see how that has anything to do with this point however. The point as I see it is that a Bible at American swearing in ceremonies is traditional. That doesn't mean that one does not have the right to break from tradition which this fellow did. NO biggy. I was just introducing my favorite conservative radio host.
  • Polkersince85
    edited January 2007
    "The measure of a man's true character is what he would do in any situation where he knew he would not be found out."

Like releasing a 12 lb. bass one caught 15 miniutes before sunrise :D
    >
    >
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    I don't get it? was never a fisherman.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    A moment in our history:

Washington's prayer for the Nation

Almighty God, we make our earnest prayer that thou wilt keep the United States in thy holy protection, that Thou wilt incline the hearts of the citizens to cultivate a spirit of of subordination and obediance to government, and entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow citizens of the United States at large.
    And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed religion, and without an humble imitation of whose example in these things, we can never hope to be a happy nation.
    Grant our supplications, we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.

written at Newburg, June 8, 1783 and sent to the Governors of all the states

Awesome Prayer!
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited January 2007
    I think it's rulings like this: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/14/nyregion/14title.html?ex=1326430800&en=cd37a66c82bb1503&ei=5089&partner=rssyahoo&emc=rss

That are just a obsurd result of the garbage the ACLU has gotten away with. Unfortunately, I view them as the boy who cried wolf. By the time a real issue presents itself for them to pursue, they will have become such a whack-job group no one will pay attention and real rights will be trampled on.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited January 2007
    this has already been beat to death but today's email tells me they're not all about wacky cases and ultimately it's the courts that decide whether something is constitutional or not. If the aclu didn't take the case to court then some wacko parent probably would anyway. I'm not promoting them, just adding more info to the discussion because if you hate them, god speed to you because that is your right. Their email: a petition to congress letting the congress know what they expect from them this year and a chance for all americans to sign the petition if they choose.

To My Members of Congress:
    It's the beginning of a new year, the beginning of a new Congress and time for us to look ahead at where we want our country to be a year from now.

In the coming year, I will ask you to take a number of steps to enhance freedom and fairness for everyone in America. This year, my New Year's resolutions include working with you to help:

1. Restore habeas corpus and due process
    2. End torture in secret prisons
    3. Stop warrantless eavesdropping on innocent Americans
    4. Fix the Patriot Act and bring it in line with the Constitution

I hope you'll make these resolutions a priority for 2007. By doing so, you and the Congress can reassert your Constitutional role as a check on the executive branch and ensure oversight of the president and the administration.

Sincerely,

Your Name
    City, State, ZIP

https://secure.aclu.org/site/SPageServer?pagename=Move_Freedom_Forward
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited January 2007
    like I said, read their docket on their homepage.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    this has already been beat to death but today's email tells me they're not all about wacky cases and ultimately it's the courts that decide whether something is constitutional or not. If the aclu didn't take the case to court then some wacko parent probably would anyway. I'm not promoting them, just adding more info to the discussion because if you hate them, god speed to you because that is your right. Their email: a petition to congress letting the congress know what they expect from them this year and a chance for all americans to sign the petition if they choose.

To My Members of Congress:
    It's the beginning of a new year, the beginning of a new Congress and time for us to look ahead at where we want our country to be a year from now.

In the coming year, I will ask you to take a number of steps to enhance freedom and fairness for everyone in America. This year, my New Year's resolutions include working with you to help:

I hope you'll make these resolutions a priority for 2007. By doing so, you and the Congress can reassert your Constitutional role as a check on the executive branch and ensure oversight of the president and the administration.

Sincerely,

Your Name
    City, State, ZIP

https://secure.aclu.org/site/SPageServer?pagename=Move_Freedom_Forward

Why do these people insist on worrying about the rights of NON-US citizens??? and of course they could care less about US citizen's security.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2007

The aclu - The best friend a terrorist ever had.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited January 2007
    A better idea......

Dear ACLU,

It's the beginning of a new year, time to turn over a new leaf.

This year, my New Year's resolution is to help you:

1. Go **** yourselves.

I hope you'll make this resolution a priority for 2007. By doing so, you'll be giving the citizens of this great country, true justice.

Sincerely,

Your Name
    City, State, ZIP
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    F1nut wrote:
    A better idea......

Dear ACLU,

It's the beginning of a new year, time to turn over a new leaf.

This year, my New Year's resolution is to help you:

1. Go **** yourselves.

I hope you'll make this resolution a priority for 2007. By doing so, you'll be giving the citizens of this great country, true justice.

Sincerely,

Your Name
    City, State, ZIP

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA . . . I want in on that one!
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited January 2007
    Why do these people insist on worrying about the rights of NON-US citizens??? and of course they could care less about US citizen's security.

Duh, their potential voters stupid! :rolleyes: ;)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Duh, their potential voters stupid! :rolleyes: ;)

That's no BS diggs:eek: a lot of dems view illegal aliens as potential voters.:rolleyes: Eff the citizens they probably won't come out and vote anyway especially if it's raining.;) :p
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited January 2007
    its official..the ACLU is a joke
    Has been, is, and forever will be.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited February 2007
    More aclu truth or fiction:

https://secure.aclu.org/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&id=551&page=UserAction&JServSessionIdr001=6t5pijgfu1.app20a

Dear Friend,

Yesterday, ACLU attorneys from the national ACLU and our Michigan affiliate went head-to-head with the National Security Agency (NSA) over its illegal spying program. In a federal court room in Cincinnati, we argued that President Bush broke the law by authorizing the NSA to engage in warrantless surveillance of Americans.

The hearing was the next step in our ACLU v. NSA case in which a federal court ruled that the Bush administration’s program is unconstitutional and must be stopped. It’s up to each and every one of us to hold the president accountable and put an end to this disregard for the Constitution. Ask Congress to investigate the president and those responsible for authorizing and implementing the illegal surveillance.

Our lawsuit and pressure from the public and Congress are making a difference. Two weeks ago, the Bush administration -- flip-flopping on its repeated claims that the NSA spy program is legal -- was forced to concede that the FISA court has a role in overseeing spying done by the NSA. Now that the FISA court is belatedly involved, the government is trying to get our case thrown out of court, because it claims the illegal spying has ended.

As Jim Bamford, one of our clients in this case, noted in an op-ed piece in yesterday’s New York Times, “That’s a bit like a bank robber coming into court and arguing that, although he has been sticking up banks for the past half-decade, he has agreed to a temporary halt and therefore he shouldn’t be prosecuted.”

Because the president claims he has the “inherent authority” to violate the law at any time in the future, we argued yesterday that the appeals court must still rule on our case. Now the court must excercise its proper authority and require the president to follow the law. The inherent powers of the president do not include the ability to conduct an indefinite and unlimited domestic surveillance campaign.

Lawmakers are only beginning to assert necessary and long-delayed leadership on this issue, and fundamental questions remain unaddressed. How many Americans had their private conversations listened to over these past five years? What role did telecom and internet companies play? The administration thinks it can throw us a bone and we’ll go away but we won’t.

Those responsible must be held accountable. Our democracy requires intense constitutional and congressional scrutiny to ensure it endures. Congress must conduct an immediate and thorough investigation into the NSA domestic spying program to uncover the truth about the illegal program. Ask Congress to investigate the president and those responsible.

You and the ACLU have been working so hard on this because you understand that this case is about more than putting an immediate end to the Bush administration's warrantless spying program; it is an important step in the battle to curb the Bush administration’s relentless disregard for the Constitution. Let’s be sure we keep the pressure on. Ask Congress to investigate the president and those responsible for authorizing and implementing the illegal surveillance.

Sincerely,

Anthony D. Romero
    Executive Director
    ACLU
  • hearingimpared
    edited February 2007
    Our lawsuit and pressure from the public and Congress are making a difference.

Yeah pressure from the public. . . pressure to keep us safe from the people we are at war with. . . the ACLU hates America>>>>>>