Carver TFM-35X for sale on ebay

Options
vhabaygiurbm
vhabaygiurbm Posts: 49
edited January 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Up for bid is an outstanding sounding amplifier. Downsizing my audio gear and it must go... There are some minor scratches from normal wear and tear but otherwise in great working condition. Both meters and meter lights are fully functioning and lights are still bright. Unfortunately the rack mounts and manual were misplaced so selling item as is. :(

But as an added bonus.......FREE SHIPPING!!!!

FEATURES
Magnified Current technology for increasing voltage and current capability
Total Direct Coupling for high damping factor at all frequencies
Each channel protected by: individual fusing, excess temperature sense, DC fault sense, power-on delay, shorted load sense.
Minimal signal path design, with on card I/O connectors eliminating internal interconnect cables
Gold Plated RCA Jack Connections Dual analog lighted meters with range selection switch
Meter light On/Off switch
Individual calibrated level trim controls for each channel
Removable handles for 17" cabinet space

Designed by Carver Corporation in Lynnwood, WA USA

TFM-35 SPECIFICATIONS
Frequency Repsonse: 20-20kHz +0,-0.2dB
Power Output: FTC 20hz-20khz
8ohm 250 watts per channel
4ohm 400 watts per channel
2ohm 750 watts per channel
Bridged mono power output: 800 watts into 8 ohms
THD: less than 0.08%
Dynamic Headroom: >1.0dB @ 8ohms both channels driven
Gain: 29.0 dB (+/- 0.5dB)
Input Impedance 47 kohms
Damping Factor: >150 typical (20hz-20 khz)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carver-TFM-35-Stereo-Power-Amplifier-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ140073493064QQihZ004QQcategoryZ71544QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Post edited by vhabaygiurbm on

Comments

• szhleppy
    szhleppy Posts: 320
    edited January 2007
    Options
    25 nonsubstantial posts so that you can provide a link to your eBay sale? I'm going to enjoy watching how this one pans out.
  • vhabaygiurbm
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Forgive me for wanting to post on the classifieds; however I didn't create the 25 post limit for this thread topic. If I posted in any other topic, I'm sure an equally rude person would point that out as well.

I believe I own enough polk audio equipment to warrant a posting on this site like everyone else.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Owning Polk gear is not required to post here, as owning Polk gear does not make you a nice guy.......whatever. You could spend some time reading the flea market rules.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • vhabaygiurbm
    edited January 2007
    Options
    I've followed the below rules....I honestly dont' know what I've done wrong. Forgive the post...Mod please remove.

Selling Guidelines / Rules of Reply

First, a little disclaimer about the buying / selling process: Polk Audio is not responsible for any of the sales that go in within these areas. All sales are at your own risk.

Do your research about an individual before buying anything. Check to see if they have positive feedback on this list:
    Good Polk Forum buyers and sellers...THE LIST

VERY IMPORTANT...

If you are not at all interested in buying an item that someone is selling, DO NOT post a reply. All violators of this rule will be banned from this section of the site.
    This is NOT an auction site (like ebay, Audiogon, etc.) so if you are looking for secret "bids" your item will be removed.

This is a private area for Polk owners to sell speakers and equipment to other members of the "Polk Community". This is not a place to make BIG BUCKS. Please follow the guidelines for posting a new "For Sale" item. All members should respect those selling on this site and follow the "Rules of Reply". Any violation will be removed and you will no longer be able to post in the "Flea Market".

Just to be clear: Anyone who breaks the "Rules of Reply" of this forum will be banned from the Flea Market.

Selling Guidelines

Note: Besides #1 & #2, the rest of these are just guidelines to make the sale easier.
    You must have a total post count of 25 (contribute to the other parts of the forum) before you can sell anything in the "For Sale (FS) Classifieds" or "Garage Sale" forums.
    List a price you wish to sell the item (include shipping costs). All members asking for secret bids (like ebay) will have their items removed.
    A price + OBO (or best offer) is OK. Please handle "best offers" through private messages.
    Post pictures of equipment with manual cords, etc..
    Give approximate age of item you are selling.
    State whether you are original owner.
    State condition of equipment (be honest if there is damage).
    Once the sale is complete, please post "SOLD" at the beginning or end of your thread.

Rules of Reply

DO NOT post a reply unless you are interested in purchasing the item
    The seller has the right to ask any price he wants. If you don't like it, don't post a reply and the thread will die by itself, or make a "best offer" through a private message.
    If you are interested, you may ask any question that is unclear from the original post
    ALL price "negotiation" (shipping costs, trades, best offers, deals, WHATEVER) MUST be handle through private messages
    If you are NOT interested in buying the product, DON'T reply to the post or you will be banned from the Flea Market (just making sure you got that part)
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited January 2007
    Options
    FYI, the purpose of the Flea Market is not to advertise your goods that are for sale on Ebay, but to give good deals to fellow members of the forum. Links to auctions without first offering items for sale here at a friendly price are frowned upon.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • Ricardo
    edited January 2007
    Options
    "This is NOT an auction site (like ebay, Audiogon, etc.) so if you are looking for secret "bids" your item will be removed."
    Your post starts "Up for Bids"

"This is a private area for Polk owners to sell speakers and equipment to other members of the "Polk Community"."
    You are not selling to the Polk Community

Posting links to your own ebay auction is not welcomed (unless you have offered the item here first).

;)

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited January 2007
    Options
    vhabaygiurbm, these guys are right. All of your posts have come today. "Great news", "Thanks for the info", and "Nice link" are all fine posts; but when it becomes blatantly obvious that you have nothing worthwhile to share with the community as a whole except to peddle your goods and advertise your auction on e-bay, you will get flamed. All of your posts today have contributed nothing to this forum. Contribute (actually be a member) and maybe guys won't be so skeptical when you post again. This place is full of great guys willing to help out and always scouring the flea market for good deals. I can pretty much guarantee that nobody from here is bidding on your auction.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,719
    edited January 2007
    Options
    It's right there in the selling rules that YOU quoted. Note:

"List a price you wish to sell the item (include shipping costs). All members asking for secret bids (like ebay) will have their items removed. "
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited January 2007
    Options
    case in point..

I bought an amp from a newbie..(name withheld at this point), that looked like it had been rolled down a hill..

He had a few posts , such as yourself, and when I asked him to file a claim and at least work with me...he vanished

I told him not to be a putz and just leave the forum, as this is a great place to get your learn on , and meet great people..

Point is...just because you worked it so that you have enough posts to list something, doesn`t mean that anybody knows anything about you...

If you had offered it here first, at a discounted price, as we all do for each other, then posted it elsewhere for a profit (we don`t make money on our own), then all would be golden..

Stick around, get your learn on, meet some great adoiholics, and make money in other places other than CP, as we pass gear on in a lateral way monitarily, and you will be much happy...

much , much, happy...!!!!

or don`t and move on......your choice..!!!!!!

pssst.............(pick the first one)
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,719
    edited January 2007
    Options
    There are some minor scratches from normal wear and tear but otherwise in great working condition.

Define minor:
  • Ricardo
    edited January 2007
    Options
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

SOPA
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Get Lost
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited January 2007
    Options
    fuggin' tool.

get outta my house.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • vhabaygiurbm
    edited January 2007
    Options
    I really wasn't trying to be rude. This is the 1st item i've ever sold online. Sorry for trying, I just saw others pointing to ebay links and thought this would be a good forum for it. Can we all start over please?
  • beef316
    beef316 Posts: 154
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Those are the most major "minor scratches" I have seen. Those nicks and dings are a nice touch as well.
    2004 IASCA Spring Break Nationals Champion - Amateur Street
    2003 IASCA World Finals Runner Up - Amateur Street
    Certified IASCA Judge
  • BIZILL
    edited January 2007
    Options
    the suspension in my full-size pickup couldn't even soak those scratches up. it'd cause me to top-out.

yes, start over please. you can do it. always room to forgive and forget. but come back with some honesty. and please dicipher your codename for us. thanks.

...another thing, many get upset, including myself, when a noob posts on an older thread things to the effect of, "amazing....". just to get your post count up.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • vhabaygiurbm
    edited January 2007
    Options
    haha...old username. But anyway please KILL THIS THREAD. It's embarrasing for me. I'm really a nice guy! It is a good amp though. Those pictures are pretty nasty though...
  • vhabaygiurbm
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Ok...anybody need parts from a pair of rt38i's on the way from ebay...I'm robbing the tweeters for a bargain pair of rt55i's i picked up....free of charge you pay shipping...peace offering
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited January 2007
    Options
    It amazes me just how stupid some folks think we are. Normal wear and tear. When you used that thing as home plate, was it a double-header?
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2007
    Options
    I don't need 'em, but I think that's a fairly decent gesture. I think we're cool here. No blood was spilled. No names were called. Just some judgments of error. I say stick around and welcome to the forum...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited January 2007
    Options
    yep !

Amazing
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • BIZILL
    edited January 2007
    Options
    stick around, but not just as your fleamarket exclusively...

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • vhabaygiurbm
    edited January 2007
    Options
    I'd like to....but just don't get mad at me again please, you guys are ruthless!!

:)
  • George Grand
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Not ruthless Chico. PROTECTIVE. Many people have worked long and hard to make this forum what it is. You're not one of those people.
  • vhabaygiurbm
    edited January 2007
    Options
    ...and a lot of people out there appreciate the work everyone has done including myself...and who's Chico...
  • BIZILL
    edited January 2007
    Options
    chico shall be your stand-in name until you de-cloak yourself. chico, are you gonna be here two weeks from now? i hope so. we can have fun together.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • George Grand
    edited January 2007
    Options
    You have an interesting way of showing your appreciation for this website. Wipe your feet on the "Rules" mat and start selling stuff?

I guess it could easily have been Cheeky instead of Chico, cause that's what your first attempt at moving questionable product here is..... it's cheeky, Chico. Get used to it. Nobody's going to take the time to write out the other name, and Chico just rolls right off the keyboard.

Now go find another part of this website to post on if you want to build some cred here. You're doing a real good job of increasing your post count right here on your own questionable ad.
  • BIZILL
    edited January 2007
    Options
    we take care of our own. ever heard the term 'wenzel', or 'pirate4x4'? google it.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote:
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Polk should raise its rules to 200 or so post before being able to sell something here.

Just my opinion

Jake
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • BIZILL
    edited January 2007
    Options
    no, then the threads would be whored all over the place...just look at the video game section.

ONKYO TX-SR805

XBOX 360

bobman1235 wrote: