A new year, a new job

Strong Bad
Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
I just sat with the director of one of our divisions (Information Assurance Sector) and accepted a position with them. So, it's a new job within the same company, just a different division.

Oh yeah, MO MONEY of course.

It's a good 2007 so far and should only get better!

Let's see...how do I reward myself? Could SVS be back in the picture? ;)

John
No excuses!
Post edited by Strong Bad on

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2007
    Congrats!!!

Whatever you decide to reward yourself with...make it EXPENSIVE :)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited January 2007
    You must always reward yourself for these types of events, or you will eventually not be properly motivated! Congratulations and order that SVS!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Strong Bad
    edited January 2007
    Thanks guys!

Got my finger on the trigger for that SVS PC Ultra! Someone help me pull it...

John
    No excuses!
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2007
    Just squeeze.........................
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited January 2007
    Breath slowly and deeply, put the front sight on the target, and squeeze firmly ......... drop that SVS dead on your doorstep! It's that simple!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited January 2007
    Congrats on the New Job... promotion.. whatever you call it!

Here's a toast to 2007! Get that SVS for me buddy! How's that for motivation?
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2007
    You should reward yourself with women and audio everything else is wasted money.

RT1
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited January 2007
    You should reward yourself with women and audio everything else is wasted money.

RT1

Stick with the audio...women are much more costly! Congrats!!:D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Strong Bad
    edited January 2007
    Ok guys, check this out...

I called SVS and discussed subwoofers with the guy on the phone. We chatted and chatted and I wound up ordering the one I had decided on before I made the call...

SVS PC-Ultra w/5 meter cable

I mentioned on the phone that the guys from the Polk site had "helped" me make the decision to order it. He then goes "Oh, my handle on the site is Dr. Spec." I told him who I was and he remembered me right off.

So, Ed and myself had some nice conversation about subs, Polk Audio and a few other things. He said he is VERY happy to be working at SVS and it's like a dream come true. We had some laughs and all that before having to get back to each others respective jobs.

He wanted me to tell everyone on the Polk Forum that he says HELLO and he'll make every attempt to get back here to post and catch up. He also says he is still a Polkie at heart and always will be. Says he has his LSi7's setup and loves them to death!

So, I got my new job w/raise, PC-Ultra on the way and got to chat with the man behind that legendary subwoofer review all in one day!

Thanks for helping me "pull the trigger"!

John
    No excuses!
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited January 2007
    Congrats John! tell Doc we miss him!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • shack
    edited January 2007
    It always makes me feel good when I can help someone spend THEIR money.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2007
    Nice. Very cool you could chat it up with Ed.

What an impressive company.
  • dylan
    dylan Posts: 453
    edited January 2007
    Congratulations! On both counts.

Good job rewarding yourself, its good to remember why we work. For toys!

And booze.
  • Strong Bad
    edited January 2007
    Thanks a ton guys! It's been simply a great day all around. I'm exhausted from all the goodness of the day. Home to eat and pop open some wine.

Whats funny is, after word got around the company that I accepted the offer from this division, other departments came to me asking why I didn't talk to them first as they would have brought me over to their side. I told them that our recruiting department knew I was actively looking around internally for months but said nothing was open, so go back and **** at them!

I got the offer (career and money) that i couldn't refuse!

Ed (Dr Spec) is a super nice guy and it was great chatting it up with him. Again, he said he misses the Polk Forum and will be back soon to post, if anything, some greetings. He sounds extremely happy to be with SVS. It's great to have one of our gang in with them.

My surround system is now complete...for a while. Here is how it rounds out -

RT55i - mains
    CS400 - center
    FX500 - surrounds
    PC-Ultra (on it's way) - subwoofer
    Yamaha RXV795 - surround receiver
    Sony DVD player

BTW, my SDA SRS 2.3's, Carver m1.5t amp and Dodd ELP are now in hibernation.

Take care guys and Shack, thanks for helping me spend a wad of dough!

John
    No excuses!
  • shack
    edited January 2007
    Strong Bad wrote:
    My surround system is now complete...for a while. Here is how it rounds out -

RT55i - mains
    CS400 - center
    FX500 - surrounds
    PC-Ultra (on it's way) - subwoofer
    Yamaha RXV795 - surround receiver
    Sony DVD player

Your HT rig is similar to mine. RT55i, CS400i f/x300i Dayton Titanic Sub with Denon AVR and Denon DVD player. A SVS may be in my future as well.
    Strong Bad wrote:
    Take care guys and Shack, thanks for helping me spend a wad of dough!
    Any time!

and BTW...I'm still waiting on my autographed pic of Jen! ;)

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited January 2007
    Congrats on your new job, subwoofer and a great day! Days like this don't come around ofter (at least for me:( ). So savor the moment and enjoy the rewards of your labor. Good luck in the new job!
    Carl

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited January 2007
    Congrats John. I too will be starting a new position in about a week.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2007
    Congrats on the new position and enjoy the SVS