Can you lookup old Audiogon ads?

Gaara
Gaara Posts: 2,415
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
There was a sub I was looking into buying for a crazy price nearby me, but I didn't contact the guy fast enough. It was 170 miles away but I was willing to drive it, but then the car broke down, and the following week I got a flat which put me out of commission for a while. Now I want to contact the person and can't because the ad is no longer there. The last time I checked it was around 20 days in and no buys.

Is there anyway to lookup old ads on audiogon like you can in Ebay? I want to be able to contact this member but don't have their email or agon name. Thanks.

Jared
Post edited by Gaara on

Comments

• scottnbnj
    scottnbnj Posts: 709
    edited January 2007
    i don't know much about audiogon, but i do know that google keeps cached pages stored for a while after audiogon removes them.

if you google up some words that you are sure were in the ad, with maybe a unique word combination, abbreviation or spelling that he used and/or use google to search the audiogon site, it might not be buried too deep if it's still there.

good luck.

)
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited January 2007
    scottnbnj,

thanks for the info, I knew you could do this in google but for whatever reason didn't. I can't seem to find the ad even though I have found ones I never saw before, but not my particular ad. I will keep looking, the issue is remember he misspelled supernova but can't remember how it was spelt in the add. I will keep looking with various spellings.

After doing more reading it appears that audiogon does not store old ads.
  • scottnbnj
    scottnbnj Posts: 709
    edited January 2007
    good luck dude, i know where you're coming from.

maybe try a wildcard in a string something like this "*nova subwoofer audiogon -supernova" with anything else you remember that's unique about the ad. sometimes folks run the same or similar ads on videogon too.

)