Demiurge Posts: 10,874
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
Go Colts!!!!
Post edited by Demiurge on

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    I'm going to the Eagles game tomorrow to watch them kick the daylights out of the Giants (I hope).

GO E A G L E S Eagles
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited January 2007
    Nfk?
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited January 2007
    I'm going to the Eagles game tomorrow to watch them kick the daylights out of the Giants (I hope).
    Shouldn't be hard as the Giant's are usually quite capable of beating themselves ... Maybe they'll give away another head butt penalty or two ...
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    Wow, do the Chiefs suck.

And wow, did the Colts D step it up.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited January 2007
    No, the Chiefs offense sucks. Their D on the other hand impressed the heck outta me.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Wow, do the Chiefs suck.

And wow, did the Colts D step it up.

I agree, terrible showing by the Chiefs. I'd rather have seen the Broncos in there for at least a matchup. What did they have, like 20 yards of total offense through the 3rd quarter? :eek:
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited January 2007
    Who would have thought the Chief's run game would choke so bad?? Looked like a case of such over confidence that they failed to watch the game films.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited January 2007
    Chief's D was down right impressive.

Chief's O was an embarrassment. Colts were obviously the better team, but the Ravens will eat them alive. Manning will continue to choke as he did tonight... except the Dirty Birds are actually a much better team and will capitalize on his continual asphyxiation.

Oh well, here's to 2007!!!
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited January 2007
    It would be nice if the teeam from Filthadelphia got eliminated this week, if for nothing else, so that normal news can again be covered on the news and newspapers. If President Ford had died this week, this area would not have known about it till next week.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    It would be nice if the teeam from Filthadelphia got eliminated this week, if for nothing else, so that normal news can again be covered on the news and newspapers. If President Ford had died this week, this area would not have known about it till next week.

Boy you sure know how to hurt a guy. Did you go to the mummers parade today George? LOL
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited January 2007
    What a game between the Cowboys and the Seahawks. I'm wondering if Romo's fumble will be the end of Parcells. Cowboys had that game won, what a turn of events!
    Carl

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2007
    MrNightly wrote:
    Chief's O was an embarrassment.

welcome to the Herm Edwards show. LOL

how many Jets games have I gone too and saw the same thing. immobile Offence constantly 3 and outing, and a good defense worked to the bone because there out on the field all the time.

said it once, will say it again, KC will never win a championship under Herm.

Herm left the Jets, and we got Mangini. its about time the gods smiled upon us :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2007
    Yes, the Cheifs O did not show up. Just shameful.

That Seattle game was incredible. I just can't get over it. What a wild game. To quote the brilliant Ricky Bobby, That just happened. I saw it, but I don't believe it.
  • W WALDECKER
    W WALDECKER Posts: 900
    edited January 2007
    The Colts come to Baltimore next week and they will never have to face a more hostile crowd. after all these years the people here still get very upset when they see the Colts uniform on the field.comparisons of Payton Manning to Johnny Unitas just add more fuel to the Fire. the Colts will be dismantled by the Ravens:D
    Rogue Audio stereo 100 tube amplifier - Lector Zoe preamplifier with 6H30 pi's
    .Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
  • George Grand
    edited January 2007
    No Joe, I didn't. If I did, I wouldn't have thrown "D" cell batteries at them from a rooftop though.
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    I really can't believe the end of that Dallas / Seattle game. All i could think as they were lining up to kick was "19-yard field goal, if this guy misses it Parcells will choke him to death on live TV." And then Romo fumbles the snap! Are you kidding?!
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited January 2007
    The Colts come to Baltimore next week and they will never have to face a more hostile crowd. after all these years the people here still get very upset when they see the Colts uniform on the field.comparisons of Payton Manning to Johnny Unitas just add more fuel to the Fire. the Colts will be dismantled by the Ravens:D

You said it William! I think everyone in Baltimore was a Colts "fan" for the day so they could come and get their **** whipped by the Ravens! It will not be pretty at all next week.

Bring it on Colts ****!
    No excuses!
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited January 2007
    No Joe, I didn't. If I did, I wouldn't have thrown "D" cell batteries at them from a rooftop though.

I can actually see you doing that George!
    No excuses!
  • George Grand
    edited January 2007
    You don't know me very well John. That behavior might be acceptable to the local Eagle fans around here, but I don't think it's for me. Verbal abuse is where I'm at.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited January 2007
    In Atlanta,, we just throw "hot biscuits" at the receivers . :eek: ;)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    You don't know me very well John. That behavior might be acceptable to the local Eagle fans around here, but I don't think it's for me. Verbal abuse is where I'm at.

I was at the Eagles / Giant game tonight and I can tell you there was verbal abuse going on big time at the Giant fans. . . but I gotta tell as hard core a bunch we Eagles fans are we are a classy bunch when it comes to our servicemen.

Everytime a serviceman was on the move anywhere in the stands he got a standing ovation and the 5 to 6 that were mulling around our section, we stood in line to shake their hands and to tell them thank you. . . they also didn't have to pay for their beer or whatever they desired from the vendors. . . My son and I gave up our seats and sat on the steps for a couple of quarters so one airman who caught up to his buddies could be in the same section. Its funny servicemen from Philly HATE the Giants and their fans and abuse them as much as us civilians.

What a game BTW lots of fun. . .I have a sore and horse throat!
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Strong Bad wrote:
    I can actually see you doing that George!

Oh come on George they weren't D cell batteries they were only AAA batteries they couldn't have hurt J. D. Drew that much. Besides it says BATTERY on them us dumb Eagles fans took that literally. LOL
  • Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 915
    edited January 2007
    Hey Joe

I had a ticket for the game but was on my back from Southwest Florida and my flight was late. It was great - they were anouncing the score on the plane.,

GO Birds!!!!
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Libertyc wrote:
    Hey Joe

I had a ticket for the game but was on my back from Southwest Florida and my flight was late. It was great - they were anouncing the score on the plane.,

GO Birds!!!!

How was your trip man . . . details, better still PM me or call me. BTW when are you leaving for the CES?

The game was great and the Giants threw a little scare into us. I gotta tell you though, Andy Reid and Garcia generaled that last 4 minutes with the skill of a surgeon. Clock management and play calling were superb. Andy even had the clock wind down to 3 seconds left in the game to have ol' sure foot Ackers kick the winner. GREAT WIN!
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    I was at the Eagles / Giant game tonight and I can tell you there was verbal abuse going on big time at the Giant fans. . . but I gotta tell as hard core a bunch we Eagles fans are we are a classy bunch when it comes to our servicemen.

Everytime a serviceman was on the move anywhere in the stands he got a standing ovation and the 5 to 6 that were mulling around our section, we stood in line to shake their hands and to tell them thank you. . . they also didn't have to pay for their beer or whatever they desired from the vendors. . . My son and I gave up our seats and sat on the steps for a couple of quarters so one airman who caught up to his buddies could be in the same section. Its funny servicemen from Philly HATE the Giants and their fans and abuse them as much as us civilians.

What a game BTW lots of fun. . .I have a sore and horse throat!

I just remembered this as I was writing to Bill A in another thread. Something really choked me up, (I got choked up several times at the game and it started with our servicemen holding up a field sized flag during the National Anthem,) when I shook one of the airmen's hand and said "Thank You" to him, he replied back to me, "No thank you sir." that choked me up. Now that I think about it, I don't know what he was thanking me for.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited January 2007
    I guess with the Cowboys losing, and the Philadelphia Eagles beating the Giants, that ....... well ....... I guess the Philadelphia Eagles are now America's Team !

...... pretty appropriate what with Philadelphia being America's City and all.

;)
    Sal Palooza
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    I guess with the Cowboys losing, and the Philadelphia Eagles beating the Giants, that ....... well ....... I guess the Philadelphia Eagles are now America's Team !

...... pretty appropriate what with Philadelphia being America's City and all.

I hated when the Cowboys proclaimed themselves America's Team way back when. . .I would hate it even more if Philly or the Eagles would proclaim themselves America's Team or City.

I've been an Eagles fan since 1960 and have hated the Cowboys since they first came into the league, of course it was because they humilitated the Eagles year in and year out. But all that has changed but hasn't lessened my distain for the Cowgirls.:D
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2007
    I'm pretty sure New Orleans has been annointed "America's Team" for the year by pretty much everyone with a mouth and a microphone. You know, with the Katrina thing and all.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited January 2007
    Really America's underdog team. What an exciting year for Saints fans. Ebay sales have gone through the roof. But what do ya expect with the Rookie of the Year, Quarterback of the year and Coach of the year.;)
    GO Saints!!!!!