Bill Cowher is going to resign as Steelers Coach

schwarcw
schwarcw Posts: 7,335
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
Not good news if your a Steelers Fan. Story Here

Cowher, one of the most recognizable faces and most successful coaches for 15 seasons who led the Steelers to the playoffs 10 times, the AFC title game six times and the Super Bowl twice, will be hard to replace.
Carl

Post edited by schwarcw on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    Aww, no more Burger Meister Meister Burger.

I gotta say, if he goes to Miami as some are speculating, that will be a pretty dick move.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited January 2007
    Off topic but Mike Holmgren makes $8mil to coach the Seahawks.Thats nuts
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited January 2007
    Yeah and Cowher gets 4 mil. Bet he'd still be there if they paid him Holmgren money.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    Why would it be a dick move if he went to Miami? Just curious....? It's not like he pulled a f*ck & run or something in Pittsburgh.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited January 2007
    If the Redskins were smart, they'd grab him.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    Why would it be a dick move if he went to Miami? Just curious....? It's not like he pulled a f*ck & run or something in Pittsburgh.

Cuz he's "retiring." He has a year left in his contract with Pitt, so to "retire" to get out of the contract just to go to another team seems like a dick move. Granted, after, like 13 seasons or something ridiculous, he's probably earned it more than most. But still... to pretend this is all so emotional for him, and then take another job for the money, is disingenuous. To me.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    bobman1235 wrote:
    Cuz he's "retiring." He has a year left in his contract with Pitt, so to "retire" to get out of the contract just to go to another team seems like a dick move. Granted, after, like 13 seasons or something ridiculous, he's probably earned it more than most. But still... to pretend this is all so emotional for him, and then take another job for the money, is disingenuous. To me.

Yeah, he shouldn't call it a retirement, but nothing wrong with taking time off, IMO. :) You do have a point.
  • whitetruk
    whitetruk Posts: 308
    edited January 2007
    bye bye
    I thought it was fairly amusing also. The Polk Ogre doesn't always get 'it'