ebay does it again

nadams
nadams Posts: 5,877
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
Core listing fees have gone up again.

For an auction w/ a starting price of $1-$9.99, the listing fee has gone from $0.35 to $0.40... not a very big deal, right?

The FINAL VALUE fees have gone from 3% to 3.25% for any auction with an ending price of $25.01-$1000.00

Ebay motors fees have also gone up...
Ludicrous gibs!
Post edited by nadams on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2007
    yeah. i'll never sell any automobile on Epay... hell those final value fees will kill the deal.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited January 2007
    for auto auctions there was a flat rate fee, 100.00, has that changed?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • danger boy
    edited January 2007
    hoosier21 wrote:
    for auto auctions there was a flat rate fee, 100.00, has that changed?

as i understand it yes.. the email i got from Ebay was from Ebay motors.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    They'll keep doing it until reports starting showing people aren't using it as much. Simple S & D, although there's not really a supply to consider since people will always have crap to sell.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2007
    That, and no real competition to be found.... (for ebay).
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited January 2007
    Any of the more promising start-ups in the online auction business are quickly bought out by eBay. Some of them before they even launched!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited January 2007
    dkg999 wrote:
    Any of the more promising start-ups in the online auction business are quickly bought out by eBay. Some of them before they even launched!

Isn't that illegal?
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    I'm pretty sure buying other businesses is still legal.

I think Yahoo! still has an auction site.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited January 2007
    read the way he phrased it again. That wreaks of anti-trust. Think AT&T 1978.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • danger boy
    edited January 2007
    Ebay is kind of like the Microsoft of the online auction world... yes there are a few small alternatives.. but pretty much.. they are the biggest game in town.

You either love em or hate em..

what do you think it will take for people to finally say. enough is enough Ebay.. all the different fees you charge are just to damn much!!

Listing fees, reserve fees, BIN fees, picture fees, 10 day auction fees, multiple action listing fees, auction enhancement fees... etc... OMG!
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    danger boy wrote:
    what do you think it will take for people to finally say. enough is enough Ebay.. all the different fees you charge are just to damn much!!

They'll do that the day the fees really are too much. Something is only worth what people will pay for it, and eBay is not a need. If eBay was charging too much most people wouldn't use it. I also suspect that'll be the point that eBay stops raising it's rates. ;)