No excuses!
Post edited by Strong Bad on

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, that is pretty interesting.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited January 2007
    Unfortunately not all calories are created equally ... or digested, retained etc ...
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited January 2007
    Hmm, the last few nights I've been making and eating dessert balls that consist mainly of butter, sugar, oats, walnuts, cocoa, and rum. I don't even want to know.
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited January 2007
    Those values are way too low, they should be multiplied by 1000 to get the correct amount. I bet those are all 200 kilocalories... ;)
    Unfortunately not all calories are created equally ... or digested, retained etc ...
    Absolutely correct.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited January 2007
    Sami wrote:
    Those values are way too low, they should be multiplied by 1000 to get the correct amount. I bet those are all 200 kilocalories... ;)

Absolutely correct.

Nope, the capitalized "Calories" so they were right.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote:

Well.... kind of true, although you're both being way too nitpicky... From Wikipedia :
    A calorie is a unit of measurement for energy. The unit's name is French and derives from the Latin calor (heat). In most fields, it has been replaced by the joule, the SI unit of energy. However, it remains in common use for the amount of food energy. Many different definitions for the calorie emerged during the 19th and 20th centuries. They fall into two classes:

* The small calorie or gram calorie approximates the energy needed to increase the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 °C. This is about 4.184 Joules.
    * The large calorie or kilogram calorie approximates the energy needed to increase the temperature of 1 kg of water by 1 °C. This is about 4.184 kJ, and exactly 1000 small calories.

In scientific contexts, the name "calorie" refers strictly to the gram calorie, and this unit has the symbol cal. SI prefixes are used with this name and symbol, so that the kilogram calorie is known as the "kilocalorie" and has the symbol kcal.

In America, a colloquial usage for nutrition and food labelling uses the term "calorie" to refer to the kilogram calorie. This applies only to English text; if an energy measurement is given using a unit symbol then the scientific practice prevails there.[clarify] A convention of capitalising "Calorie" to refer to the kilogram calorie, with uncapitalised "calorie" referring to the gram calorie, is sometimes proposed, but neither recognized in any official standards, nor commonly followed.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited January 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    So Calories = kcal = 1000 calories? Ok, I will have to look it up then...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calorie

"A convention of capitalising "Calorie" to refer to the kilogram calorie, with uncapitalised "calorie" referring to the gram calorie, is sometimes proposed, but neither recognized in any official standards, nor commonly followed."

It's not recognized and the article says calories most of the time. :D

Yes, nitpicking this is, nothing else. :D
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited January 2007
    Well, if you'r going to capitalize "Calories" in the middle of the sentance, then you know it's a kcal, that's all...

And commonly followed? I hardly ever see kcal anymore, rather it's always Cal...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    That's a lot of food for only 200 calories. :eek:

;)
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    That's a lot of food for only 200 calories. :eek:

;)

Actually, I think it's your computer screen that clocks in at 200 calories when consumed. But I gotta tell ya, I'm half way through devouring mine and I'm already full.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore