?????????

ironmanerz
ironmanerz Posts: 13
edited September 2002 in Car Subwoofer Talk
DOES ANYBODY OWN A GNX12DVC WOOFER? IF SO, JUST WONDERING...DO THEY HAVE ENOUGH MAX POWER TO GO BOOM , OR SHOULD I LOOK INTO MOMO? I LIKE THAT THE GNX HAS AN EFFECEINCY RATING OF 93, BUT THE MOMO ONLY HAS LIKE 87-89...ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

POLK RULES!!
Post edited by ironmanerz on

Comments

• bigmike9419
    bigmike9419 Posts: 5
    edited August 2002
    i have the gnx124's they hit hard enough to mkae my radar detector bounce in my car. and that is not even with the amp turned all the way up. I recomend them.

~bigmike~
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited August 2002
    Originally posted by bigmike9419
    i have the gnx124's they hit hard enough to mkae my radar detector bounce in my car. ~bigmike~
    put a little slab of dynamat on the radar it will do wonders for stability and vibration...
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • bigmike9419
    bigmike9419 Posts: 5
    edited August 2002
    I could but it dosent make much noise when it bounces around and it looks preaty cool when the bass hitts and my radar detector is jumping all over.

~bigmike~
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited September 2002
    i dunno...

i'm kinda picky here....

my gf has two EXII's in her car, and i'd say the GNX are probably of the same "quality" as the EXII's were. They're not bad, but two in the trunk is enough to give good quality, but its not shaking anything (except the trunk lid before i dybnamatted it).

I suggest getting MOMO's.. at $189 bucks each (circuit city price), they're not a bad deal, especially for the 500 watt power handling... well worth the investment in my opinion if you've got high's that can keep up with them.

if you're only running low wattage highs and you're not really looking to shake half the neighborhood.. the GNX's will perform fine.

regarding DB ratings -- dont pay much attention to that... techies will tell you day in day out that "oh its so important"... but its not...look at rms power ratings, look at frequency response, look at resonant frequency... dont sweat anything else.

with the recent drop in the price of momo's, they're my pick.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge