Maxwell's in Jersey

zombie boy 2000
zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
The wife and I decided to take a 12-hour road trip this weekend to ring in the New Year's with one of our favorite bands. Electric Six absolutely destroyed -- converting unbelievers both both young, small, tall, French, and indignant.

Maxwell's was an awesome venue and we thoroughly enjoyed our three-day stay in the Garden State. Excellent food... good people... lotsa libations.

So Senor Dequinre, Tait Nucleus, Percussion World and The Colonel tossed a few back with us and a merry time was had by all.

Jersey Rulz! Maxwell's rulz!! Electric Six rules at least six hamlets (none of which are in Pennsylvania)!!!

http://www.electricsix.com
I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
Post edited by zombie boy 2000 on

Comments

• PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited January 2007
    Jersey Rulz!
    Yes it does ... But we usually limit foreigners to a small stretch of the turnpike outside of EWR so they don't get the right idea ...
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    I suppose I should give them a listen or six?
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    Geez Demi... go buy Fire. Then Senor Smoke. Then Switzerland. Then a respirator and defibilator because that's is what you're going to need if you survive the sheer RAWKITUDACITY of their music.

Then you have to see them live. There is no possible way to desribe just how wickedly majestically awesome their gigs are. Think of the greatest thing ever and then smash that with a sledgehammer made of gold and dripping with blood.

That is Electric Six.

btw you've heard 'em.... maybe Danger! Danger! High Voltage! or **** Bar

Blender has an ongoing infatuation with 'em.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    Zero wrote:
    No Santa hat in these pics. oh well...
    Cool Trip Jason - were there any offers to the "**** bar" . :eek: :p

Now you know she keeps that fabled hat hidden from all but you Sean...:D

Cool trip indeed. Dick Valentine actually handed me the mike at one point during a solo while he did sit-up's. I counted 'em down from one to B to camel to grilled cheese to a trillion. It was rollicking. If they are anywhere near you, go check 'em out. You shan't be disappointed.
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    I'm still addicted to Grizzly Bear.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    Okay.. I give.

Who is Grizzly Bear?:D :confused:
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    Okay.. I give.

Who is Grizzly Bear?:D :confused:

Grizzly Bear

MySpace appears to be all jacked up right now so you might want to try back later. :confused:
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    Pulled up for me... I'll check 'em out. They might be in a much different vein than Electric Six (all of E6's songs are about nuclear war and dancing -- usually together).

Dance-a-thon 2005
    Baby get up off the floor
    That man you're with
    He ain't no innocent man
    He's a killer child
    I seen him rip apart a young girl
    With his bare hands
    Now I know you think you know just what you're doin'
    You've been here time and time again before
    But be careful with your heart
    Cuz this things about to start
    And its about to escalate into a war

25 contestants start the show
    But only 1 will survive
    It's not how you dance
    It's who you know
    Dance-A-Thon 2005
    Dance-A-Thon 2005
    Dance-A-Thon 2005

It's too hot
    Too far apart
    To understand the game
    But when this thing is over child
    Everybody here gonna' remember your name
    Now baby shoot out all the lights
    And bring those crazy judges down to their knees
    'Cause they're watchin' you all night child
    A distinguished panel of celebrities

25 contestants start the show
    But only 1 will survive
    It's not how you dance
    It's who you know
    Dance-A-Thon 2005
    Dance-A-Thon 2005
    Dance-A-Thon 2005
    Dance-A-Thon 2005
    Dance-A-Thon 2005
    Five!

And I want to reach into the fire of your heart
    And I want to program all those beats right from the start
    Have you ever been to New York City?
    New York City.....
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    They should have made is like 3030 or something.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    They should have made is like 3030 or something.

The funny thing is the album wasn't released until 2006.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2007
    Thank goodness you posted pictures of your wife and not yourself :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    It was her, me, or the monkey -- and the monkey was giving me too much 'tude.

Neither my wife or that wretched simian know how to operate a camera anyway, so it was me by default.

I'd like to add that the copious amounts of flowing bourbon had me looking particularly ravishing, thank you very much:p