edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
That was one of the greatest games I have ever watched. :eek:
Post edited by Demiurge on

Comments

• opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited January 2007
    The greatest game ever.

In case you missed it, BSU in the last 50 seconds and the first overtime had a hook and ladder for a td, a halfback pass for a td, both on 4th down and a statue of liberty for the 2point conversion and the win. are you freaking kidding me.

GO BRONCOS
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    edited January 2007
    Great game even though my team lost.:(

G
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2007
    Didn't watch the game. Will have to see the highlights on sportscenter when I get home from work in the morning. Everyone at work is talking about it.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,704
    edited January 2007
    You gotta be frikkin kidding! I went to bed with BSU down by a TD facing 4th and 18 on the 50 yard line with less than a minute to go. I figured it was over.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    I was amazed when Oklahoma intercepted the ball for a TD with like a minute left, and figured that was the end of the game. It was a great game at that point, then all of the other hijinks just made it an instant classic.
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited January 2007
    billbillw wrote:
    You gotta be frikkin kidding! I went to bed with BSU down by a TD facing 4th and 18 on the 50 yard line with less than a minute to go. I figured it was over.

Good reason to get TiVo...
  • dgt2n
    dgt2n Posts: 31
    edited January 2007
    I wish I lived in Idaho this morning. Well, every morning, but this one especially.

What a game.
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited January 2007
    today should be interesting here thats for sure.... i know what will be talked about all day today at work...DAMN good game
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited January 2007
    watched it, it was amazing
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited January 2007
    UNBELIEVABLE GAME!!! My heart is still racing....

It's unfortunate that the announcers had to use it as an opportunity to lobby for Boise State to play for the championship. Yes, they beat Oklahoma. But so did Oregon and Texas. Kind of made the quarterback uncomfortable asking him that question after the game. I don't even think he was sold on the idea.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    They certainly showed they can hang.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,704
    edited January 2007
    DaveMuell wrote:
    Good reason to get TiVo...

Got TIVO. Didn't figure there was any reason to record it at that point.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    Demiurge wrote:
    They certainly showed they can hang.

Oh, I won't deny that. That offense was poetry in motion. However, I'm reminded of two years ago when an undefeated Boise State squared off against the Louisville Cardinals on the smurf turf at the Liberty Bowl. The Cards emerged victorious and the "home team" left their neon blue cookie monstrosity of a field with shattered dreams and tears of shame flowing down their ruddy cheeks.

Sorry:D Just had to give a shout-out to the Cards who took care of business then, and will take care of business tonight.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    For me, this game is merely fuel to the fire that teams like this can compete against the big dogs, and win.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    And I will always concede the "any given Sunday" argument...

But Demi, my homie, my ace, my dawg... take a gander at Boise State's schedule and let me know if you truly believe in your heart of hearts that Papa Smurf's Broncos are truly, madly, deeply deserving of a national title shot.

The Cardinals at least attempted to shedule larger, more illustrious non-conference games in their rise to prominence. Boise State has been trying to play the "undefeated card" for over three years now. Like I said, it came back to bite 'em in the Liberty Bowl two years ago, and truthfully, should have done so again last night. A game of inches, indeed....
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    And I will always concede the "any given Sunday" argument...

But Demi, my homie, my ace, my dawg... take a gander at Boise State's schedule and let me know if you truly believe in your heart of hearts that Papa Smurf's Broncos are truly, madly, deeply deserving of a national title shot.

The Cardinals at least attempted to shedule larger, more illustrious non-conference games in their rise to prominence. Boise State has been trying to play the "undefeated card" for over three years now. Like I said, it came back to bite 'em in the Liberty Bowl two years ago, and truthfully, should have done so again last night. A game of inches, indeed....

I'm not saying they were deserving of a national title shot, but the BCS had to 'tweak' to get them into this game, and they proved they deserved it.

Anyhow, wasn't meant to get this into another BCS revamping debate. Just a little fuel on the fire.
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    Yup... can't argue there. They are definitely a BCS team in my opionion. They're right on the cusp. They just need to load their schedule up a bit more. I haven't a doubt in my mind that their offensive sheme(s) could give anybody or everybody a run. That coach is a madman. I love it.

Maybe the Falcons can lure him away.... Vick would run for 976 yards a game in that system.
  • Holydoc
    Holydoc Posts: 1,048
    edited January 2007
    One of the best games I have watched in a long time and do not care for either team. However I do not understand your argument Zombie about not having a playoff series. If Boise were not good enough to take on the big dogs wouldn't they be eliminated during the first, second, or even third rounds of a playoff? Seriously if they could play at the top of their game through the entire playoff series and win it didn't they then prove they have the heart of champions and deserve the championship?

Excellent game!
    Holydoc (Home Theatre Lover)
    Outlaw -770 (7x200watt) Amplifier
    PolkAudio - RTi12 (Left and Right)
    PolkAudio - CSi5 (Center)
    PolkAudio - FXi3 (Back and Surround)
    SVS - PB-12/Plus (Subwoofer)
    Bluejean Cables - Interconnects
    Logitech Harmony 880 - Remote
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    If you want the long and longer of it, check out the thread below:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45848&highlight=road+to+bcs

Basically, the short and sweet of my stance is that a champion should not be whomever is the hottest team at the right time. This sort of serendipity has nearly, if not completely ruined MLB's postseason (i.e. Diamondbacks and Marlins).

A champion is a champion and plays like a champion throughout the course of a season. And in college football, throughout the course of several seasons. Dynasties rule... the rest drool:p We build programs, not one-hit wonders.
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited January 2007
    Several Seasons ? ... Nonsense ... Two years is a lifetime in college ball ... This sort of thinking doesn't even fly in pro sports where potentially a team with a 500 record during the regular season could win it all ...

So Louisville beat Boise State two years ago ... who cares ... totally irrelevant ...
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    Several Seasons ? ... Nonsense ... Two years is a lifetime in college ball ... This sort of thinking doesn't even fly in pro sports where potentially a team with a 500 record during the regular season could win it all ...

So Louisville beat Boise State two years ago ... who cares ... totally irrelevant ...

BAAHH!!:D:p

Reread my post on the UofL/Boise State game and you'll see that I was just using it as an opportunity to give a shout out to my team. I do believe I paid tribute to its "irrelevancy"...

Your point about pro sports is exactly my point about college football. The day ".500 teams" start bringing home trophies in college football is the day the game loses a bit of its luster.

Everyone gets one. YEAH!!! Slap a gold star on me, too. I want something to throw on the fridge to make mommy proud:p Teams work for years, sometimes decades to reach a level where they can be considered a championship team. And this, my friend, is what makes it all the more special when it finally happens.

You think Betty Sue with her 2001 World Champions Arizona Diamondback hoodie can wear it with any pride a decade after the fact? Oh, you got hot at the right time and had a rotation built to suceed in a five game playoff, but not throughout the course of the season...

Paper champions.

I've watched Louisville work too hard over the course of the decade not to relish the fact that they are almost there. It will be all the more sweeter once they reach the top of that mountain. Through recruiting... through tough scheduling... through brilliant maneuvers on both the coaching and AD levels.... improved sport's facilities.... a growing fan base.... a steady diet of Thursday night games on ESPN2... PAYING YOUR DUES to work toward a goal.

CHAMPIONSHIP COLLEGE FOOTBALL PROGRAM amigo:D

That pie wouldn't taste as good if they were crowned champions just because they went on some "three game run".
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited January 2007
    Almost ? ... Given the system as it is ... they'll never make it the rest of the way ...
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    If Bush and Brohm both come back for their senior seasons and they win tonight, they should start next season ranked in the Top Five... Keep winning and the rest plays out.

And that's another aspect of developing a successful program. You build on your past success and are in turn, rewarded with recognition. Recognition that is absolutely necessary to put you in a position to become champion. A process that is so deeply engrained into the very fabric of the sport that you don't ever give it a second thought. Institute a playoff system, and I bet you'll notice its absense in a heart beat.

I know the BCS is fallible on so many levels. And worse yet, is completely dictated by greed and the almighty dollar. I just happen to prefer the system over a playoff format. Pencil me into the overwhelming minority here, for sure.
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    I still don't understand trying to compare the post & regular seasons of baseball and football. They are completely different games, and that does matter.

So much for this not becoming a BCS debate. :D
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    HA!!!

Alright, alright... I know I said this a thousand times before, but I swear I'll drop the analogy. This time for real... seriously....

Take the NHL for example:D
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    Hockey isn't a very popular sport to begin with. :p
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    What with their floppy little heads and beady little eyes?
    It's aboot diplomacy. It's aboot respect.
  • Holydoc
    Holydoc Posts: 1,048
    edited January 2007
    All the BCS does is reward those schools that can bring in a large fan base to buy more tickets. In other words, build up a big fan following and have a winning season so that you can fill the stadium and the BCS might give you a chance. Good thing the Olympics are not done this way otherwise the only countries that could win gold medals would be 4 or 5 major countries.

A playoff system gives everyone a chance no matter how big the school or how much money it can line the BCS pockets with. It rewards you based on performance not how many fans you can bring in. This year if Boise could of beaten USC, Florida, and Ohio State in a playoff, then they deserve to be called the best team of the year. It doesn't matter that 3 years ago they were the last in the nation. All that matters is that they learned from their mistakes, created a winning plan, and executed better than every other team.

I apologize for the sidetrack and will post in the other thread if I see any reason to try to change anyone's opinion. ;) It was an excellent game and one worth catching on replays if you missed it.
    Holydoc (Home Theatre Lover)
    Outlaw -770 (7x200watt) Amplifier
    PolkAudio - RTi12 (Left and Right)
    PolkAudio - CSi5 (Center)
    PolkAudio - FXi3 (Back and Surround)
    SVS - PB-12/Plus (Subwoofer)
    Bluejean Cables - Interconnects
    Logitech Harmony 880 - Remote
  • Demiurge
    edited January 2007
    What with their floppy little heads and beady little eyes?
    It's aboot diplomacy. It's aboot respect.

There you go, BLAME CANADA! :D
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited January 2007
    No worries Holy... Demi knew this would happen. He was baiting me when he started this thread:D

Eh buddy?

GO CANADIA!!!