What a pleasant visit...

amulford
amulford Posts: 5,020
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
I was graced yesterday by having a visit from Joe (hearingimpaired) and his BETTER half, Phyllis. We spent a few hours BS'ing and I used them to test out my rot gut. They ain't dead, so I guess the food was OK.

The Mad Tweaker had some excellent suggestions. I have top try some of them.

Phyllis is definitely a keeper. Not only is she tolerant of this little obsession, she enjoys listening to music and wants to have a quality rig in her home. Plus she brought me goodies, which no one else can have...

Thank you for stopping over. I'll be coming to your house very shortly to help set the HT up. I hope you enjoyed yourself. Sorry we couldn't make a longer day of it.

Don't worry about the stomach cramps and stuff. They'll go away (I hope...).
Post edited by amulford on

Comments

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2007
    Nice visit, nice members here on this board.

Q how far are you from is house, didn't he buy a house in Delaware?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• amulford
    edited January 2007
    I'm not sure, but probably inside of 45 minutes
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2007
    amulford wrote:
    I was graced yesterday by having a visit from Joe (hearingimpaired) and his BETTER half, Phyllis. We spent a few hours BS'ing and I used them to test out my rot gut. They ain't dead, so I guess the food was OK.

The Mad Tweaker had some excellent suggestions. I have top try some of them.

Phyllis is definitely a keeper. Not only is she tolerant of this little obsession, she enjoys listening to music and wants to have a quality rig in her home. Plus she brought me goodies, which no one else can have...

Thank you for stopping over. I'll be coming to your house very shortly to help set the HT up. I hope you enjoyed yourself. Sorry we couldn't make a longer day of it.

Don't worry about the stomach cramps and stuff. They'll go away (I hope...).

Dude, the food was great, your better half was sweet, the Amazings were amazing, and the HT had the hairs on my ballinis trembling. Plus Phyllisann was blown away with the speakers you sold me. . . can't ask for a better day!!! BTW what did you guys think of the Relli's pastrys?
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    amulford wrote:
    I'm not sure, but probably inside of 45 minutes

30 minutes tops, 20 now that I know where I am going.

BTW that is really some beautiful and awesome homestead you have there Ant. . . Phyllisann is still talking about it to company as I write this. My cousin is a millionare and he doesn't have a spread like you do.

I still am very green with envy not some much of the homestead but of the collection of speakers and equipment you have, you sick F#@K. Maryann told Phyllisann that it "never ends" and that she should expect no less!!! LOL She already knows it, I've been back in this game since the end of June and have spent thousands and she still hasn't heard one note of music yet. Muhehahahahahahahhahahah:D
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited January 2007
    I think it's cool you guys live in such close proximity and can do to audio visits with spouses and food. There is no better social outlet. Enjoy! I'm glad for ya'll!!
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    schwarcw wrote:
    I think it's cool you guys live in such close proximity and can do to audio visits with spouses and food. There is no better social outlet. Enjoy! I'm glad for ya'll!!

It's a five hour trek for you and I Carl but it's doable. We could make it a foursome for a weekend. . . me, Phil, Billy, Antny, fivesome with you.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    What the heck, Billy has a van, Antny's got a truck we could get a convoy going and bring some gear too.
  • amulford
    edited January 2007
    BTW what did you guys think of the Relli's pastrys?

Pastries? What pastries??? I ain't got no pastries!!!:D

That's what anybody else was told.;) All i can say is MORE.

I'll call ya to set something up this week.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2007
    Glad to see you guys had a good visit. Next time you do a gathering dont forget about us north jersey polkies. :)
  • amulford
    edited January 2007
    I just wanted him to hear the front stage he bought before I spend the money...
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2007
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited January 2007
    Hey, I'd be up for a visit with the rest of you Jersey guys sometime. Is there anyone in Central Jersey? I can do pretty much any part of Jersey, but South and Central are easiest for me, in terms of traveling.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Fireman32
    edited January 2007
    Not to sure if anyone is in central jersey. Im always up for a road trip though.
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited January 2007
    Paypal SUCKS!!!
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2007
    Wtf?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited January 2007
    Inside joke, Steve. :D
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Fireman32 wrote:
    Not to sure if anyone is in central jersey. Im always up for a road trip though.

GG is Exit 5 NJ turnpike, you don't get more central than that!. . . I think I'm hosting the next meeting so you will have to come to the sales tax free state of Delaware. I'm 7 minutes off 95 South.
  • Fireman32
    edited January 2007
    Would love to make the trip down Joe. I will have to bring Lou (ohskigod) along for the trip as well. If I ever get a bigger place I would love to host a meeting, but cant fit more then 5 people without being too crowded. Keep me informed.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2007
    Fireman32 wrote:
    Would love to make the trip down Joe. I will have to bring Lou (ohskigod) along for the trip as well. If I ever get a bigger place I would love to host a meeting, but cant fit more then 5 people without being too crowded. Keep me informed.

I'm not doing so well in the "space" department either Dave, but ya just have to make due with what you have. Of course bring Lou . . . stop off and pick GG up, he should be standing under the exit ramp. LOL
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited January 2007
    Shake and bake baby......shake and bake!!!:)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • amulford
    edited January 2007
    I up for having a house crashing. We can get this bum to finish getting his rig set up. Phyllisann will love us for that...;)

I have to get there soon anyway to make a delivery.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited January 2007
    antny's Got Pastries ?:eek:
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    tonyb wrote:
    antny's Got Pastries ?:eek:

At least it's pastries and not pasties.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • amulford
    edited January 2007
    antny's Got Pastries ?

Not any more...
    At least it's pastries and not pasties.

I got some of them, too...
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2007
    amulford wrote:
    I got some of them, too...

imagine me with a stone face due to COMPLETE lack of surprise...LOL :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Fireman32
    edited January 2007
    I'm not doing so well in the "space" department either Dave, but ya just have to make due with what you have. Of course bring Lou . . . stop off and pick GG up, he should be standing under the exit ramp. LOL

Not a problem. Plenty of room in the Yaris.:D
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited January 2007
    So is this actually a formal meeting being set up at Joe's place? I'd be up for a trip down yonder, as well. I can always stay at my relative's place in Philly and jet down I-95 from there. If anyone needs/wants a ride and is close to my intended route, feel free to give a shout and I'd be happy to pick you up. I drive an Accord, so there's plenty of space for people and dead bodies in the trunk!
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Fireman32
    edited January 2007
    I know space is short by me but if anyone wants to come up and hear my modest system you are all welcome.