Denver Bronco Darrent Williams Killed

Frank Z
Frank Z Posts: 5,860
edited January 2007 in The Clubhouse
My brother just called and told me about this...
http://www.gazette.com/display.php?id=1328334
9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
Post edited by Frank Z on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    Wow....

That's a hell of a **** way to start the year.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • polksda
    polksda Posts: 716
    edited January 2007
    Between this, the whole Steven Jackson fiasco, and throw in Tank Johnson, ya gotta wonder about the whole "gangsta" lifestyle... apparently money doesn't make a difference...
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2007
    I thought Denver was a petty safe area???

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2007
    polksda wrote:
    Between this, the whole Steven Jackson fiasco, and throw in Tank Johnson, ya gotta wonder about the whole "gangsta" lifestyle... apparently money doesn't make a difference...

Ya think?
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited January 2007
    Damn shame!
    Carl

• Frank Z
    edited January 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote:
    I thought Denver was a petty safe area???
    It's no diffetent than any other majot metropolitan city in the country.

There haven't been any news updates yet, but of course there are plenty of rumors as to the reason forthe shooting, intended target, etc.

This young man had so much going for him and a bright future.
  • disneyjoe7
    edited January 2007
    Sad. No wonder I liked a small town with gas lights on the main street.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Frank Z
    edited January 2007
  • disneyjoe7
    edited January 2007
    24 years old very sad. :(

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited January 2007
    Its gotta be the big city, since Garth Brooks is about as "Gangsta" as OSU gets........:rolleyes:
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited January 2007
    Gangsta? Read up on the guy. He was setting up foundations to keep kids out of gangs and free football camps in Ft. Worth. The kid was keeping his life together and helping out others. He will be missed more off the field than on it.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited January 2007
    Sounds like he was a nice guy. In the wrong place, at the wrong time with the wrong people!
    Carl

• markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited January 2007
    Joey Porter said it best about being a pro athlete (he was shot in the butt in 2003 in Denver):
    "Since then, I carry myself in a different type of way," Porter said Monday. "I respect my situation whenever I go out. I take a whole different outlook when I go out. I make sure I feel like I'm safe and if I'm not, I'm not going."
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited January 2007
    No report what the altercation came from, but if you just blew your playoff chances earlier that day, wouldn't it be prudent to stay home and not celebrate the "eve" in public?
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Maurice
    Maurice Posts: 517
    edited January 2007
    Tragic. These mean streets just keep getting meaner.:(
    Everytime I think I'm out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!!!!

Polk 70's,40,30's
    Velo DLS 3500 Sub
    JVC 61" HD-ILA
    Sony DA4ES AVR
    Oppo 981 DVD
    Sony CDP-CX235 CD
    Signal Bi-wires
    AR ProII IC's
  • Frank Z
    edited January 2007
    Williams was not involved in the altercation at the bar as previously reported. at this time it's still not known why the limo was shot at. The police are still investigating and it will be sometime before all of the info becomes public.

Williams was not a "gangsta", quite the opposite from what I've seen and read. It could be that this was a completely random act by some scumbag and nothing more.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited January 2007
    Thug life yo!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited January 2007
    Gotta love the human race.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2007
    To be fair, a lot of this is people playing gangster even though they're really not one. The hip hop culture is corrupted by senseless violence, but it's too soon to say whether or not he was actively involved in any of that stuff. Surrounded by it? How can that be denied? People aren't wrong to speculate, but sometimes it goes too far. That said, the guy was 24 years old and had tattoos running all up and down both arms, and he's going out to night clubs until the wee hours of the morning. What's the old saying -- "nothing good happens after midnight?"

Even if he wasn't involved with drugs or gangs, he may very well have been around it. It's a tragedy, and it's too bad if he did indeed involve himself with such people.

Michael Redd would be an example of an African American athlete who is able to keep his nose completely clean. Why? He doesn't drink and think that because he made millions he needs to pull his loser friends out of the hood and form a posse.

It's likely that Darrent Williams was a victim of his choices, but either way it's still a sad loss. :(

Sorry for you Bronco fans that have had to deal with this tragedy. :o