UFC 66: Saw that coming.

Toxis
Toxis Posts: 5,116
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
I was reallllly pushing for Tito but I gotta say, I knew Chuck would take it. Some pretty good fights tonight! Arlovsky... that guy is an animal! I loved the Timeout... GO = BAM!!!!! Seriously, he knocked the hell out of him. Kinda surprised by Chris Liben losing but Macdonald had a great fight! Definitely deserved it IMO. Now for my favorite part of the night... Forrest running away to cry in the corner. HAHAHAHAHA GOOD! That guy is a **** and deserved to lose. His funny, cool guy routine is an act and he's really an ****. I'm glad he got the hell knocked out of him.

What'd you guys think?
Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
Post edited by Toxis on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2006
    Dude, put a 'spoiler' in the title next time, will ya? Some of us don't PPV!!!
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited December 2006
    These were some good fights tonight! I really lost respect for Forrest like you said, he ran off and cried like a little school girl. Figured Chuck would win, but Tito held in there and gave it all he got. I was rooting for Tito, I like to see the underdog win.

Overall, was worth the $40! :)

Mike
  • Jer_ry
    Jer_ry Posts: 118
    edited December 2006
    Yeah not a bad night. I have to say most surprising was the news of Mirco coming to UFC. No one in UFC can beat him in any weight class heavyweights get ready for a new champ.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2006
    Cro-cop is coming to the UFC?!? That will be awesome! Quenton Jackson coming over should be interesting as well. He beat the snot out of Liddell over in Pride a couple years back.

So Liddell won again huh? I figured that would happen. He's such a weird fighter. He looks very clumsy when he's fighting. Hands wide open, not really that fast a puncher but he's hard to hit, almost impossible to take down and hits like a ton of bricks and thats why he's the best in the business right now.

Ill be keeping an eye on Youtube and see if this fight pops up.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2006
    No idea who any of these people are. Don't watch UFC.
    No excuses!
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited December 2006
    You should, its awesome.
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited December 2006
    Strong Bad wrote:
    No idea who any of these people are. Don't watch UFC.

Are you meaning that you don't like UFC??

If you go to www.UFC.com you'll get a better idea of what we are talking about. I love it!

Mike
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited December 2006
    Mirco Cro Cop... by far the next heavyweight champion that will go untouched. He was a threat in Pride for years and Pride definitely has better fighters than UFC (due to pay).

A buddy of mine has been training MMA for a lil over a year now and a buddy he trains with went to Vegas and trained with a bunch of pros for a week. He said everyone was insanely cool (I'll find out who was all there) except for Forrest. He really walks around at 215-230 and has the biggest **** personality. Just a total dick. His nice and funny guy routine is just that. A routine.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited December 2006
    QJ is my favorite fighter, although I really haven't seen him dominate anyone like he used to before the Wandy knees. He definitely seems like the next big challenge for Chuck.

I will laugh my **** off if Tim Sylvia beats Mirko. I'm also excited that Heath Herring is now under contract with UFC as well.
  • masanz1
    masanz1 Posts: 511
    edited December 2006
    I'm watching PrideFc now(Barnett vs. Nogueira) . Something was weird about UFC last night. Hard to explain but they just seem weird. Like a pause in the action when there shouldn't have been one. Only way Sylvia would beat Mirko is submission by boring him to sleep. Forrest crying was too funny. Jardine has been on the losing end of some questionable fights.

Quote from Barnett(Nogueira hits as hard as he hits himself when the lights turn off)
    Matthew
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason

HT

Yamaha RX-V2500
    CS400-Center
    SDA 1A-Mains
    RT20-Surround
    None right now-Rears
    SVS 20-39PCi
    Infocus IN72
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2006
    Forrest cried? What the hell?

How was Bisping's performance? I REALLY like that guy.

I'm going to check and see if these are posted on the website yet, so I can check it out.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.