Polk Audio - RTA-12C

Options
BlueMDPicker
BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
edited January 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Going to bigyank - Thanks!

Walnut, perfect HF "hats", not a blemish on the cabinets, silk dome tweeter upgrade.

These need a home, and I need the floor/storage space back. Purchased from Doro, they are essentially NIB with all original boxes and packing materials. BUT they are such an excellent example of this fine speaker that I can't take the risk of trashing them in shipment. So, please, no bitching. Here's the deal:

If you're in the Baltimore/DC area or driving range and want to give these a try, come and get them. If you like them, keep them for $300. If you don't, bring them back in the same condition they left in.

Your move. :)
Post edited by BlueMDPicker on

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited December 2006
    Options
    This is the best RTA out of the line and the only one to actually stay true to the idea. These are super mint and I remember them very well.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • bigyank
    bigyank Posts: 224
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Any pics available?
    Polk Monitor 7
    Polk Atrium 55
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Here's the only one I could easily find. They're in the boxes, so this is it:
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Very nice! Is that a Teac R2R?
    Carl

• BlueMDPicker
    edited December 2006
    Options
    It's a Toshiba PT-866 reel to reel. The Nakamichi MR-2 cassette deck was factory modded to all gear drive. The only other pieces in that rack configuration I still have are the ST-70, EE MiniMax CDP, and Transcendent BPS.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2006
    Options
    I need to move the other side of the board..!!

All the good stuff is over there...

I saw a pair of 1.2`s right here in my backyard , but funds and space are at a premium these days..

Somebody should jump on this with a quickness, as this kind of deal does not come around many times in ones audio life....
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • schwarcw
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Yeah these beautiful speaks should go to someone who will do them justice. I wouldn't want to put these in my workshop rig, they're too nice. Good luck with the sale Mike.
    Carl

• BlueMDPicker
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Hmmmm, maybe I can pack 'em with enough diesel soaked fertilizer, touch 'em off at the stroke of midnight tomorrow, and get a jump on that pool Sandy and the kids want. I'll post it on YouTube. :cool:
  • schwarcw
    edited December 2006
    Options
    It's a Toshiba PT-866 reel to reel. The Nakamichi MR-2 cassette deck was factory modded to all gear drive. The only other pieces in that rack configuration I still have are the ST-70, EE MiniMax CDP, and Transcendent BPS.

Did you abandon your R2R?
    Carl

• BlueMDPicker
    edited December 2006
    Options
    schwarcw wrote:
    Did you abandon your R2R?
    No, it's in the downstairs rig (probably feeling abandoned with the Innersounds.)
  • schwarcw
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Hmmmm, maybe I can pack 'em with enough diesel soaked fertilizer, touch 'em off at the stroke of midnight tomorrow, and get a jump on that pool Sandy and the kids want. I'll post it on YouTube. :cool:

Make sure you use a long primer cord and a magnesium fuse. A little ethyl ether helps to get it off fast, but it's dangerous to handle. Trust this old chemical engineer, I've blown up a thing or two.:D
    Carl

• schwarcw
    edited December 2006
    Options
    But before you do that, I'll meet you at Breezewood!:D
    Carl

• dorokusai
    edited December 2006
    Options
    I think a Polkie's road trip is in order....I'm game for a ride or drive.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited December 2006
    Options
    As hosed as my shoulder is at the moment, I'd have to ask Lil' Ole Sandy to help me load them. :o Gimped is suck.
  • dorokusai
    edited December 2006
    Options
    You have manpower available, work out the logistics and let us MD folks know. I'm out between Jan 6-12 due to CES, anything after that is gravy, I'll even drive :D as I haven't been to Breeze in ages.
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited December 2006
    Options
    schwarcw wrote:
    But before you do that, I'll meet you at Breezewood!:D
    I'm a fuzz under 2 hours from Breezewood. You want them?
  • schwarcw
    edited December 2006
    Options
    I'm a fuzz under 2 hours from Breezewood. You want them?

Same here. I want to give someone the opportunity to own these as their primary source of music. If that don't work out. I'll be happy to have them share duty with my Monitor 7's in the workshop. I may take the 7's out of service for a while anyway to re-vaneer and rebuild the crossovers.

Let's see if there is some Club interest within the next week. Otherwise, I got to travel to NY next Sunday. I'll take the PA pike and meet you in Breezewood. Buy you some lunch at Roy Rodgers. LOL!
    Carl

• bigyank
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Well I have contacted the seller so we shall see what happens!:D

Now I have to move some other stuff so the wife doesn't kill me!:)

Yank
    Polk Monitor 7
    Polk Atrium 55
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited December 2006
    Options
    bigyank and I are hooking up next weekend. Glad to see these going back into use, they're one of my favorite Polk vintage speakers.
  • schwarcw
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Congrats Bigyank! Give those beauties lot's of love!

Carl
    Carl

• avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Man, if you had been closer to Texas! Great looking speakers. I know bigyank will love them!
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • bigyank
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Hopefully my Yamaha CA-2010 will be enough to power these!

Yank
    Polk Monitor 7
    Polk Atrium 55