Computer help // System Alert!

disneyjoe7
disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
I have an issue, I don't have any viruses none I tell you. Three programs confirmed this PestCapture, PestPatrol, Norton Anti Virus. Had 126 yes but all is gone. I get this message and FEEL IT'S EXTORTION I'm being held for RANSOM. Total ****.

System Alert! (Large ? / Small ? thing with a computer icon flashing stating this)

System detected Virus Activities. These may impact the performance of your computer. Please, use antimalware software to clean and protect your system from parasite programs. Click this balloon to get all available software.

Bringing you to www.Anti-Vermins.com

Speakers
Carver Amazing Fronts
CS400i Center
RT800i's Rears
Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
Parasound Halo A23
Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
Pioneer 79Avi DVD
Sony CX400 CD changer
Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

Post edited by disneyjoe7 on

Comments

• Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited December 2006
    Run them all again in safe mode
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • noimposse
    noimposse Posts: 264
    edited December 2006
    I dont know great pestcapture and pestpatrol are. Ive honestly never heard of of them (maybe pestpatrol, but Im not completely sure). If you want some good antimalware/spyware applications, I would get Spyboy, Adaware and the AVG antispyware application.

As for getting rid of the crap you have, I founds this link:
    http://www.nosnoopware.com/spyware/remove/antivermins.htm
    Ghetto Rig
    Power: HK AVR245.
    Screen: LG 24" 1080p.
    Speaks: Rti4.
    Source: PC. PS3. Xbox360.
    Cables: BlueJeans. Monoprice.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2006
    This wouldn't have ever happened if you had bought that stuff in the flea market to remove evidences of ****. ;)
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited December 2006
    Guess you will have to wait until Saturday and call Kim Kommando, the digital goddess. :confused:
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • disneyjoe7
    edited December 2006
    Well tried to rerun in safe mode nothing, tried something on goggle nothing. Will try Noimposse link tomorrow BTW that look to scary like what I'm been seeing.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2006
    You can go to my web site and download free anti virus and spy ware removers there www.crantech.net Its safer than trying to find them on the net. There have been phony copies of ad aware out there that take over your INTERNET!
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited December 2006
    Here is a link to help you remove the Anti-Vermin spyware.

Follow the instructions carefully and you should be fine.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic69886.html
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Holydoc
    Holydoc Posts: 1,048
    edited December 2006
    Steve,

Though I do not claim to be an expert on addware, I use a program called Webroot Spy Sweeper. I do not know how good this program is (except for the fact I never got another piece of addware or spyware since I got it) but I do know that I bought it when I had a similar piece of addware on my computer. When the program did not automatically remove it, I contacted the company via their email response site and they contacted me immediately. They emailed me several small programs that reported the status of my computer memory, start-up programs, and registry. From those reports they sent me another program that was developed exclusively for the addware that infected my computer and promptly removed it.

This type of individual service was well worth the $20 for two years of service I paid.

On a humorous note, I did find out about this company from the Digital Goddess herself!
    Holydoc (Home Theatre Lover)
    Outlaw -770 (7x200watt) Amplifier
    PolkAudio - RTi12 (Left and Right)
    PolkAudio - CSi5 (Center)
    PolkAudio - FXi3 (Back and Surround)
    SVS - PB-12/Plus (Subwoofer)
    Bluejean Cables - Interconnects
    Logitech Harmony 880 - Remote
  • ben62670
    edited December 2006
    a real real simple solution is to go to the start menu, all programs, system tools, and system restore. Chose a date when your computer was acting normal. Bingo your done. I own a computer repair and networking company in Ft Lauderdale, and 90% of my work is due to spy ware and viruses.

Let me know how it worked out, Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • noimposse
    noimposse Posts: 264
    edited December 2006
    Except when windows creates restore points (which is does fairly often) and you have spyware/viruses, it stores all of that crap with it. So can think you got rid of that crap, but when you restore that point it just all comes back again.

At my college help desk, we just turn off system restore due to issues like these and others that have just caused a ton of issues on our network. System Restore just isn't something thats really useful. Alot of users really find it convienient....and it could be if they did it right...but after continually using it, it will just make things worse.
    Ghetto Rig
    Power: HK AVR245.
    Screen: LG 24" 1080p.
    Speaks: Rti4.
    Source: PC. PS3. Xbox360.
    Cables: BlueJeans. Monoprice.
  • ben62670
    edited December 2006
    noimposse wrote:
    Except when windows creates restore points (which is does fairly often) and you have spyware/viruses, it stores all of that crap with it. So can think you got rid of that crap, but when you restore that point it just all comes back again..

Any new virus or spy ware activity rarely affects the system restore files that were created previously to the infection. For the 5 minutes it take to try system restore it is definitely worth trying. The one major down fault of system restore is if windows crashes then you can't get to systems restore.

Good luck Ben
    Thanks
    Ben
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2006
    it almost appears to be a phishing link or something like that. is that a program you use on your computer already? if not. delete it.. it appears they are trying to just sell you something...
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • ben62670
    edited December 2006
    Yes danger what that is some companies infect your computer with their spy ware, and then charge you to removed their spy ware.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • disneyjoe7
    edited December 2006
    ben62670 wrote:
    a real real simple solution is to go to the start menu, all programs, system tools, and system restore. Chose a date when your computer was acting normal. Bingo your done. I own a computer repair and networking company in Ft Lauderdale, and 90% of my work is due to spy ware and viruses.

Let me know how it worked out, Ben

Ok, it's FIXED Thank you guys. Ben you're right on a system restore and I'm done. Thank you.

BEN you're the MAN!:cool:

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• ben62670
    edited December 2006
    DJ if you want you should goto my website, and download Adaware SE. Its free and it cleans up spyware, and deletes cookies for you. I also have a free antivirus program listed there.
    www.crantech.net

I'm glad it worked for you
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben