FS: LSi25's in NC / RDU

Options
unc2701
unc2701 Posts: 3,587
edited January 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Original boxes, manuals & all packing materials included.... Also includes a spare set of brand new grills that I've never even taken out of the box.

$1200 Plus shipping... I thought these would take freight, but it looks like UPS and Fedex must have started taking bigger packages since I last checked. The cost from NC to Seattle is ~$150... Feel free to go to Fedex.com and get a quote to your location (100 pounds, each speaker). And I'll cover paypal fees.

Well, the Gallo's are staying, so the LSi25's are going. They are the style with the squared off corners and damn near perfect. I haven't gone over them with a microscope, but I couldn't find any scratches/ dings/ anything. They've been moved exactly once, in the boxes. These have always been powered with high quality/ high current gear: Adcom 565's, Bryston, Krell.

Will deliver from I-77 & I-40 to I-95 & I-40, but the closer you are to Raleigh/Cary, the sooner I can drop them off (my dad is in W-S, so I'm over there fairly often). I'm also heading up to Northern Virginia on Friday for New Years... weather looks good, but we'll have to start things happening soon since I'll have to pack them up (and prepare myself for the wife complaining about my truck the whole way...)

I'm really going to hate to see these go, but they're just too big for my new listening room... I can't position them how I want, I get this nasty standing wave problem and the wife won't let me put them downstairs in the 2 story den where they would really shine. A lot of people complain that these are hard to set up and tell you to buy the LSi15's. Well, if you want to know how the 15's sound, take a pair of 25's, set all the sub options to the factory default and there you are. The 25's are a lot more flexible and you can tune in the exact sound you want far better than what you can do with the 15's. It just takes some time. Feel free to PM with any questions or interesting offers (no speakers, though, I've already got too many). Oh, and I've got a pair of LSiF\X's to sell, also (they've got some scratches on the mounting plates, pretty good otherwise). Would like to move the set for $1700, but I'll consider all offers. Pics to follow shortly.
Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
Post edited by unc2701 on

Comments

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited December 2006
    Options
    I think I read everything. Are they cherry or ebony?
  • unc2701
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Doh! Cherry.

Taking more pics right now.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Gee, those speakers must be tall, unless the door behind the right speaker has been made for a dwarf in your fairy tale home.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • unc2701
    edited December 2006
    Options
    More pics- these are of the right speaker.

I went over both and I can't find any marks at all. The gloss shows a lot of fingerprints (you'll see those in the pics), but no scratches. The grills I've been using each have one small pick in them, but as I mentioned, I've got a brand new set that's never been out of the box since I got them.

I didn't bother with pics of the left one, but it's in every bit as good a condition- PM me if you really need to see it.
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited December 2006
    Options
  • unc2701
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Still available...

Oh and that door is where the bass trap is going to go eventually :)
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Early B. wrote:
    Gee, those speakers must be tall, unless the door behind the right speaker has been made for a dwarf in your fairy tale home.

That's the funniest comment I have read in a while.

Good price on these, BTW. :D
  • unc2701
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Wow, looking at the first picture, I feel like I need to make the disclaimer that I took that in the middle of moving and my system is set up a little better now... the plastic tote for a turntable stand really didn't work out as well as I'd hoped. :D
  • unc2701
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Bump, for changing my mind on shipping.
  • BlueMDPicker
    edited December 2006
    Options
  • unc2701
    edited December 2006
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up!
  • unc2701
    edited January 2007
    Options
    Still available, going to Craigslist soon.