I'm in, FINALLY!!!

hearingimpared
hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
Well we are staying in our new house tonight for the first time!!! Actually just me and the little woman (keep your minds out of the gutter will ya), our boy is staying at Mom Mom's till tomorrow.

The next time I move will be out this front door in a pine box. We are surrounded by boxes and full trash bags BUT IT IS OUR HOUSE. . .no more living by other people's rules or idiosyncrasies. I'll hopefully be listening to music from my new rig by Saturday night. . . I'm all full of goose bumps.:D
Post edited by hearingimpared on

Comments

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited December 2006
    Congrats, Joe. Enjoy the new digs.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited December 2006
    Congrats Joe. I know the feeling and it is wonderful. Nothing like having your own place that you can do what and when you want. Enjoy the evening.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited December 2006
    awesome
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2006
    congrats Joe on the move in. Set up that rig so you got some tunes to listen to while unpacking. :D;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2006
    I would suggest a campire in the living room, followed by dancing naked and alot of wine consumption.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited December 2006
    Congrats Joe, Glad to hear that your finally in. Get the rig set up and get your music on.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    danger boy wrote:
    congrats Joe on the move in. Set up that rig so you got some tunes to listen to while unpacking. :D;)

Yo Al, we didn't have any food when we got here so we chomped down on the Sierra Mix you sent. . . very good, tasty, stuff dude.

PS: We are so hard up for music we are listening to the local classic rock station from a boom box.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited December 2006
    Atta boy Joe!!!! I know it's been tough, but in the end , well worth it. Congrats to you & Phyllisann. How's the audio room coming? I'm dying to listen to those SR's.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Atta boy Joe!!!! I know it's been tough, but in the end , well worth it. Congrats to you & Phyllisann. How's the audio room coming? I'm dying to listen to those SR's.

I'm waiting on the 9" rack from Madame Butterfly to arrive so I can fill it with about 35 lbs of #9 shot. Then the connecting begins!!!
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006

I see ya finally did your signature some justice. . . but don't forget all the tweaks ya big goof they are the icing that makes that cake sound so good!!!:D The Marigo, the tripoints, the stone etc.;) :cool: :p
  • Maurice
    Maurice Posts: 517
    edited December 2006
    Thats great, nothing like a new home. Congrats & enjoy.
    Everytime I think I'm out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!!!!

Polk 70's,40,30's
    Velo DLS 3500 Sub
    JVC 61" HD-ILA
    Sony DA4ES AVR
    Oppo 981 DVD
    Sony CDP-CX235 CD
    Signal Bi-wires
    AR ProII IC's
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited December 2006
    Congrats Joe! Home sweet home!
    Carl

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2006
    Enjoy the new home.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited December 2006
    congrats!

It took me a few days to get a good night's sleep because I had to get used to the new atmosphere and the different random noises at night.
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited December 2006
    Congratulations! Take time to enjoy and plan the upgrades (to the system and the house).
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited December 2006
    Congrats. Nothing like owning some real estate. Well, owning a mortgage in my case.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    Mike682 wrote:
    congrats!

It took me a few days to get a good night's sleep because I had to get used to the new atmosphere and the different random noises at night.

Mike there are no noises here, as a matter of fact it is way too quiet atleast compared to South Philly. I still can't sleep though.

Thanks Man:)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited December 2006
    Oh happy days are here again.......Congrats!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    F1nut wrote:
    Oh happy days are here again.......Congrats!!!

Thanks Jess, I have to do a few things the next couple of days to appease my better half and after that IT IS FULL SPEED AHEAD GETTING THE RIG TOGETHER.
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited December 2006
    Congrats, it's almost as if we are moving in with you..:eek:
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited December 2006
    You gonna cut that lawn or what?
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited December 2006
    Congrats!
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2006
    I'll be over this weekend to help you set the rig up...
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2006
    Congrats Joe.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,830
    edited December 2006
    Who says Christmas was on Monday? Congrats.

And don't forget to change your "location". ;)
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    Congrats Joe!!

You gotta couch I can crash on for a couple of weeks tops?
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited December 2006
    When the wife and I first moved to Indiana, we had to stay with her parents for a few months................I COULD HAVE PULLED ALL MY HAIR OUT!!!! No.......wait.....I would rather have to go to the dentist everyday, for those few months, than do that again and I get along fairly well with my in-laws. So I know where you're coming from.

Congrats and get that rig set up quickly. It's usually the first thing I set up while moving in a new place....having music playing helps with the unloading/unpacking.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2006
    Congrats, Joe!!

Enjoy the pad.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited December 2006
    Congrats big guy! You'll love it!Keep a guest room open for Atny when he comes over and relieves you of all your booz!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2006
    Nothing like having your own palace and Queen to share it with.

May the Lord bless all of you and those that might take some comfort in your home.

Congrats Joe.

RT1