American vs Overseas made?

joeaudio26
joeaudio26 Posts: 97
edited December 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
These days its getting harder and harder to buy american made car audio. I know of 2 companys that make their equipment in the USA ..ARC AUDIO .. MEMPHIS..Kicker and all the rest are probley over seas who here buys audio according to where its made?
Whatsoever thy handfindeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is nor work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
Post edited by joeaudio26 on

Comments

• joeaudio26
    edited December 2006
    DSkip wrote:
    I buy whatever says "Polk" on it :D. For amps, I've had good experiences with mtx so until either of these companies do me wrong, I don't care where its made.

Well thanks for the honesty..:D
    Whatsoever thy handfindeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is nor work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited December 2006
    I buy what I am interested in, having said that..... I am glad knowing my amps and sub are made here in U.S. :).
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2006
    I dont really care where theyre made. As long as theyre well made and reasonably priced and perform well, Im a happy guy.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2006
    I agree that a solid performing, solid feeling, good value piece of equipment may override the 'must be made in the US' theory.

But there's still nothing that takes the place of knowing your stuff was made in the good ol' US of A.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • joeaudio26
    edited December 2006
    DSkip wrote:
    Just out of curiousity, what inspired that question?

What inspired my question is everything I buy is made else where. I do janitorial and even my vaccs are made in mexico, china so. I was wondering if others buy products like audio equipment if possible in the united states..later skip:D
  • joeaudio26
    edited December 2006
    DSkip wrote:
    I remember back in elementary school, we had to go around the class and see where everyones shirt was made. Out of 25+ students, not one shirt was made in the same country. Free enterprise is great, isnt it?

Yes it's good at the same time it hurts home. I'm not saying I only buy american It's impossible this day and age. The world is merging into ONE If america sinks are currency is now longer Leader. We no longer will be the SUPERPOWER CHINA will be us and CHINA will surpass us and we will be working for peanuts, like all the rest of third world countries. There is a price to buying goods from other countries you just have to look DEEPER than what politics rave about ...later skip
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited December 2006
    Even the little bit that's made in the US is assembled here with foreign parts. Several amp lines have been accused of being made overseas, and doing the bare minimum here to slap a "Made in the US" label on it.

Zapco makes their mid and high lines (of amps) here, and JL makes lots of their speakers in the US. Rockford still makes some products in the US as well.