My day shopping

opus
opus Posts: 1,252
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
The wife and I head out yesterday to start our shopping this year:eek: and I thought I would share a few high points. First we go to American Electronics to pick up my wife's present, a 32" Toshiba flat panel that I reserved during a sale they had last month. It was "out of the box" and I got what I thought was a great deal. Well I went to the pickup door and the kid gave me the "If I have to load one more #^%@^% Tv" look and went to find the "open box " set. It wasn't where it was supposed to be, his call to the salesman was blown off so the kid goes over to the stack of new toshibas, plucks one off the top and throws it in my truck. He kinda smiles and says "Merry Christmas".:) Next we go to a large chain store looking for something to make the kids love us. As we are standing there looking at ps2 games a salesman walks up and plops down 2 new PS3's.:) Done and off to lunch.

And to top off the day the new tosh picks up all the local ota HD channels with just the small table top antenna that I was using on the 1983 19" Goldstar tv that was rocking our bedroom up to now

On a side note I want to wish everybody a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. I appreciate Club Polk and the friends I have made here. I hope everybody finds happiness under their tree this year.
The Flea rig
Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
Polk RTA-11t-flea market
LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
Behringer Feedback Destroyer
-flea market
AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
Post edited by opus on

Comments

• McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited December 2006
    Congrats on a few great snags. You started yesterday??? Good things do come to those who wait.

My wife has been wanting a new TV for the bedroom, let me know what you think of the 32 in there. (throw to much light when you want to sleep an she wants to watch one more show....)

Merry christmas to you an yours - I hope Santa brings you all your audio wishes this year (you have been good, right?)

Michael

BTW - if you are waiting to look under a tree for happiness, it is doubfull you will find it. :)
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2006
    Sounds like an expensive day!
  • opus
    opus Posts: 1,252
    edited December 2006
    [QUOTE=McLoki

BTW - if you are waiting to look under a tree for happiness, it is doubfull you will find it. :)[/QUOTE]

LOL. Actually things have been so crazy here that for the first time ever we don't even have a tree:eek: Yea thats right, no tree. So like good little audiophiles we have all the presents set around the SVS . Hell, it is as big as a tree.
    The Flea rig
    Hitachi 50VG825 LCD
    Rotel RSP 1066 (pre) :)-flea market
    B&K St-202 (mains)-flea market
    Carver M 200t (x2) (center and surrounds)-flea market
    Blu-Ray..PS3 (dvd player)
    Polk RTA-11t-flea market
    LsiC, Fxi30's

Dual SVS PC-Utra's (1 port blocked) thanks MikeC78
    Behringer Feedback Destroyer
    -flea market
    AudioAlchemy DDE v1.0 DAC-flea market
    Cambridge Audio Azur 640 CDP-flea market
    Signal Cable and Kimber Kable
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2006
    Sweet! That's the kind of warehouse guy I like.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2006
    Now that is what I call a good day of shopping! We should all be so fortunate. Congrats on your great purchases & I hope you & yours & all Polkies have a very Merry Christmas!:)
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2006
    Hey Opus...nice day `o shopping..

I too am using the SVS for a tree...got shiny stuff around it with a 1ft tree on top !

Glad to hear you Christmas is blessed..
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,160
    edited December 2006
    Sounds like an awesome day Opus. You and yours have a very Merry Christmas :) I hope the RTA-11's are working out well for you!
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!