Whatcha ask for, whatcha get for X-mas thread?

2»

Comments

• Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited December 2006
    On the morning of the 24th I had an unexpected surprise. Feeling had returned to my thumb and now a full day later it's improving. A couple of weeks ago I strained it while lifting stuff between my thumb and forefinger. The next day the tip of my thumb was numb and a few days later the numbness had gone lower. I went to the hospital and the doc ordered therapy along with a full wrist brace. I've been doing the therapy and still have nerve pains on the forearm and above the elbow but am confident it will get better. Here's hoping that you all get what you wished for, Merry Christmas!
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited December 2006
    Strong Bad wrote:
    It's like X-mas all year 'round for me. I get what I want, when I want and when I can afford it. Single life has it's advantages. ;)
    Merry X-mas to all!
    John
    Yep, that is how me and my girl do it. I can't believe people play the "i have to wait for 7 months till XMAS to maybe get this" game. Thats just pathetic.
    My girl is getting a new car but have to wait till taxes in Feb. That is how it works. Not till next Xmas...............:rolleyes:

Dallas is getting spanked................Saints get a buy week!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
  • KentVaughn
    KentVaughn Posts: 58
    edited December 2006
    I just got the usual - gift cards, money, food, a full set of socket wrenches (shallow and deep!) with a variety of handles. The cool stuff is what I gave my dad. He's getting into audio a bit, so I thought I'd start him off with...

CIMG3833small.jpg

Polk Mini-Monitors and a Pioneer SA-9500.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited December 2006
    I have a belated X-Mas gift coming this week... a Rogue 66 Magum Pre ...that's enough for me:D
  • mikesd
    mikesd Posts: 43
    edited December 2006
    We got a LG 42in Plasma for the living room and more importantly a new healthy grandson born on Dec. 15th. :D:D
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited December 2006
    The wife surprised me with a compound mitre saw with a multi-angle laser line. Sounds like she wants me to do those renos this coming year.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited December 2006
    I got 358 days of living and 1 year worth of irony.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2006
    Just got back from my In-laws (mom)...

another BB card (30.00)
    a shirt
    Lady in the Lake DVD
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • Polkapops
    Polkapops Posts: 267
    edited December 2006
    Not one thing - well, I take that back. got a $50 gift card for
    Gordon Foods (which we get every year.) from my in-laws!

We all promised to give to a charity instead of gifts........
    but some people just won't listen...........(her folks are wonderful people!)

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!
    HT & Music System:
    Receiver - Denon AVR-3805
    DVD/SACD Player - Denon DVD-2900
    Outlaw 770 amp
    Polk LSi 15's up front
    Polk LSiC center
    Polk LSi F/X surrounds
    SVS 16-46 PC+ Subwoofer
    Sony Wega KDF-50WE655
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2006
    3 LP's
    Eva Cassidy - Songbird
    Donald Fagan - Morph the Cat
    Allison Krauss/Union Station - Live - MFSL

Clothes/socks/drawers
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited December 2006
    cash (spending money for our trip)
    3 bottles of wine
    5 light casaul sweaters
    pair of jeans
    2 v-neck sweater
    a shirt
    70$ in starbucks GC
    future shop GC
    My sister makes us a basket it contains mason jars to it stuck a recipe and inside are all the ingredients she layers the ingredients in a nice way. and say the recipe calls for tomato sauce well she includes that ! amazing gift from the heart!

We still have to do my dads this week !

the best gift was seeing the look on my brothers face when he opened up his new 32" tv. He told me a while back he needed a TV. So I told my mom. They went out and bought him the TV. Last year I did the same but he got a whole set polk R speakers again the look on his face! best gift ever!
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2006
    I got a house full of healthy and happy family....Life is good.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited December 2006
    amulford wrote:
    I got a house full of healthy and happy family....Life is good.

Now that..is the look of sheer happiness
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited December 2006
    A new Grandson...born christmas day at noon...6 lbs 11 oz.Mom and baby doing just dandy.Was partying at my sis's house christmas eve,got the call at 1:30 am.Been up for 2-days so I am ready for a christmas nap.Hope we all got what we wanted.:D :D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2006
    Now THAT is a present. Merry Christmas, Pop Pop.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    Left of the Dial boxset... underground music of the '80's. Unbelievable collection from "known's" such as Nick Cave, X, the Pogues, and "not so well knowns" that I'll soon be posting in the "Whatch Listenin' to?" thread.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • bert26
    bert26 Posts: 320
    edited December 2006
    Let's see ....

I got an SVS PB12-ISD/2 - HUGE gift!
    2 Norah Jones CD's
    Cool book on US Military Aircraft
    Smallville seasons 3 and 5

And time with a family that that loves me and is loved back. Sure it sounds sappy, but it's important.

Cheers!
    Chris
    HT Rig
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl - Anthem 2 SE
    Polk CSi5 - Adcom 555
    Polk Monitor 30 - HK DPR1005
    SVS PB12 ISD/2
    Denon DCD-1500II
    Sony SXRD 60"
    ShengYa CS-10

Basement Rig
    Polk SDA SRS2
    Carver 1.5t
    Carver C2
    Technics SLD202
    Some Other Sony DVD/CDP
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2006
    A few dvd's, handle of Beam, couple packs of smokes, a remote control car, external hd for the laptop, britches, socks, t shirts.

It was perfect.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited December 2006
    My wife got me some rocking great cans (other than her's :p ) from Grado Labs!!
    Peter Frampton's new cd - Fingerprints. (anyone looking for a great guitar album...this one is sweet)
    And a couple jazz and blues cd's from Maple Music.
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited December 2006
    Some DVDs, favorite cologne, couple of cashmere sweaters, heat/cold wrap for the trashed shoulder, lots of smiles and laughter from the kids (they're going to Disney World for a week.) Nice time!
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2006
    A stack of CDs, A few DVDs, A few books, a couple shirts, a Record Doctor III from AA (now maybe I can actually stand to listen to some my old vinyl that is so dirty), and a Panasonic wet/dry electric razor. I'm not so sure about the razor...I've always been a blade guy. I'll just have to give it a shot and see how it does.

It was as much or more fun watching everybody else get their stuff.

Saw ALL the family over a period of 3 days (even the :rolleyes:Cousin-in-law:rolleyes: with the original B&W Matrix 801s and the Revox B790 Linear TT - but that is a different story for a different day - it is the season to be nice)

It was a great Christmas!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited December 2006
    The Pannie razor is actually pretty good in the wet mode. Went trough a couple before I retired to beardland.

Big surprise of the year was a Visio 50" plasma. It's actually a bit north of here, but was announced by a life-size poster.

Other gifts included a Seinfeld set, Beatles "Love" CD, and a new Cleveland Browns shirt that someday I hope to be able to wear out in public....

Merry Christmas to all....
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2006
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    A few dvd's, handle of Beam, couple packs of smokes, a remote control car, external hd for the laptop, britches, socks, t shirts.

It was perfect.

It was a banner f&*kin' year at the Bender household. Yo, smoke up, Johnnie!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    You mess with the bull, you get the horns.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2006
    Shizelbs wrote:
    Great gifts gang.

To you guys that got a 360. Get yourself a name on Xbox Live, and post it in the appropriate thread in the video game section. Seriously, do it as soon as you can.

not sure how to do that yet...
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited December 2006
    A happy ending to one of the worst years I've had in a very long time.

With my younger brother's new wife making me a new uncle, my wife being put on salary(think insurance), I went all out for the wife and kid's Christmas.......I just wanted to end the year on a happy note. Maybe/HOPEFULLY it'll carry over to 2007.

Happy New Year!!!
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,570
    edited December 2006
    Well, guess since I started this thread I should tell everyone what I got for X-mas. I ended up with new diamond wedding bands (for the wife and I), a new Citizen Eco-Drive watch, clothes, tools, tool bag, gift certificates for my i-pod (apparently everyone waited until the last minute to get one and there where out of stock) and two new X-box games, Ghost Recon and COD3. Overall, a really good Christmas.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    tonyb wrote:
    A new Grandson...born christmas day at noon...6 lbs 11 oz.Mom and baby doing just dandy.Was partying at my sis's house christmas eve,got the call at 1:30 am.Been up for 2-days so I am ready for a christmas nap.Hope we all got what we wanted.:D :D

Best present yet, congrats Pop Pop!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    A new house!

The Killers, "Sams Town" picture LP weighs atlest 200gms

Red Hot Chili Peppers "Stadium Arcadium" 4 LP set

DADA "Puzzle"

some new friends and lots more.