Arghhhh who stil has shopping to do?

heiney9
heiney9 Posts: 25,160
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
Seems I became a statistic this year. I'm in that 60% who still has last minute shopping to do. Actually I did pretty well this year as I only have ingredients for an appetizer and 1 last gift to buy. So I'm heading out into the madness that is the holiday's here in the next 30 minutes. Wish me luck :eek: .

Come on fess up............who else isn't quite done holiday shopping?
"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
Post edited by heiney9 on

Comments

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited December 2006
    Finished a month ago...frees up time to erect the Festivus poll today. ;)
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited December 2006
    Me, the blizzard hurt.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2006
    haven`t even started...
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited December 2006
    beardog03 wrote:
    haven`t even started...
    My long lost twin!!:D
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • heiney9
    edited December 2006
    Finished a month ago...frees up time to erect the Festivus poll today. ;)

LOL :D .
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited December 2006
    My (soon to be) fiance' did all the shopping it seems for everyone already so I'm in the clear! I bought the big diamond ring that she's getting for Christmas. That was enough shopping for me this year! lol
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited December 2006
    Not sure how it happened, but with the exception of a Best Buy gift card, I am done:)

H9 - I braved the Rockford shopping scene yesterday, it was ugly! I'm hitting Best Buy late today, and sticking to shopping for me at Nicholsen Hardware and Farm&Fleet.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited December 2006
    I have ideas but nothing in hand yet... working graveyard shifts doesn't leave much time for shopping (as nothing is open when I'm awake) :rolleyes:
  • heiney9
    edited December 2006
    dkg999 wrote:
    Not sure how it happened, but with the exception of a Best Buy gift card, I am done:)

H9 - I braved the Rockford shopping scene yesterday, it was ugly! I'm hitting Best Buy late today, and sticking to shopping for me at Nicholsen Hardware and Farm&Fleet.

Yep, I was out in it about 2:30 and it was mass hysteria. Stopped into the World Market store and manuvering in that parking lot was pure hell as was the State street traffic :eek: . Good luck at Best Buy, take a lunch and a chair as well as a powered scooter you're going to need the former to wait in line at the check out and the latter because there will be no place within a 1/2 mile to park. That location is god awful.

F & F is going to be a madhouse as well. Why are the retailer's bitching :confused: .

Guess where I'm going..................I'm going to attempt the MALL, I wish I had a helicopter.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2006
    I'ma hit the mall, just for giggles.

Shopping, finished yesterday afternoon. Maybe pick up some stocking stuffers, etc today.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2006
    I`ll make it easy...BB cards allaround..!!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • dkg999
    edited December 2006
    Three daughters, three I-pods! That was easy :cool:
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited December 2006
    Gotta hit it also,big family,you know how it goes.Nice thing is,the wife and I decided to forgo presents for ourselves so that we can give that money along with others donations to my neighbor who can't afford any for his 3 kids.He was struck recently with a blood disease and they gave him inside of 5-yrs to live.Devestating to a family who can't pay the bills when the major bread winner is gone.Myself and a hand full of neighbors coughed up over 1500.00 for presents.I find if we all took care of our good friends and neighbors in need,we all would be better,for ourselves and our community in which we live.Merry X-mas everyone!!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Sansui
    Sansui Posts: 372
    edited December 2006
    Been there, done that (as of a week ago).
    Be gentle, I'm new to all this...

The mind blowing speed of the BRAIN TRAIN...
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited December 2006
    Last items picked up this morning for the wife by 9:30am. I'm done and off work for two weeks. Tune time fore sure.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • dkg999
    edited December 2006
    I am done :D

H9 - crowds at BB weren't too bad around 1:30! Managed to get the oil in the truck changed and stop at BB and pick up a gift card and home in an hour and a half! Now to fire up the tunes and finish wrapping!
    DKG999

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited December 2006
    I finished about 6 weeks ago.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • heiney9
    edited December 2006
    dkg999 wrote:
    I am done :D

H9 - crowds at BB weren't too bad around 1:30! Managed to get the oil in the truck changed and stop at BB and pick up a gift card and home in an hour and a half! Now to fire up the tunes and finish wrapping!

Done also!!! The mall was crowded but suprisingly manageable. Somewhat civilized chaos and still plenty of stock left on most things. Not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. I've got lots of things to do as well, some wrapping and food prep but I won't have to leave the house until tomorrow evening :) .
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited December 2006
    What's shopping? I go out and buy stuff...
  • Normanality
    Normanality Posts: 297
    edited December 2006
    I'm the lazy type.

I order via the internet and have 2 pounds of Portillo's Italian beef and 4 Lou Malnati deep dish pizzas sent to both my sisters' houses.

They love the food and I love not having to brave the malls.
  • heiney9
    edited December 2006
    2 pounds of Portillo's Italian beef and 4 Lou Malnati deep dish pizzas

My mouth is watering..........I'll send you my addy and you can send some my way :p
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited December 2006
    No more shopping, but I still have to do all of my wrapping.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited December 2006
    I'm the lazy type.

I order via the internet and have 2 pounds of Portillo's Italian beef and 4 Lou Malnati deep dish pizzas sent to both my sisters' houses.

They love the food and I love not having to brave the malls.
    Lou's is great but for beef,it's Johnny's all the way.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2006
    Finshed? It's not Christmas Eve yet is it?
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • heiney9
    edited December 2006
    shack wrote:
    Finshed? It's not Christmas Eve yet is it?

Nope..........you got finished in the Nick of time (pun intended :D )
  • Normanality
    Normanality Posts: 297
    edited December 2006
    tonyb wrote:
    Lou's is great but for beef,it's Johnny's all the way.

Are you talking Johnny's on North Ave in Elmwood Park?
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited December 2006
    Finished yesterday. I work nights so I went to the mall when i got off of work at 8am. The mall was empty did all of my shopping in under an hour.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited December 2006
    All done. Mostly thanks to Amazon.com.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited December 2006
    Just stocking stuffers for the wife. I got called into work today so it looks like I'll be fighting the crowds on christmas eve.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880