A different kind of Christmas Wish

Frank Z
Frank Z Posts: 5,860
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
I just sent Deb and the kids out to do a little Christmas shopping now that the roads are passable again. I've been trying to take care of no heat and cooler/freezer down service calls, so I need to get busy with my last little bit of shopping too. All around me I've seen people so bent out of shape at the traffic jams, people bitching on the radio about Christmas shopping this and Holiday shopping that....I've had enough of the negativity of the season to last a life time.

My thoughts on the season this year are a bit more focused on families. Not mine, but those of our fallen service men and women. You see there's a young man named Seth Stanton form Colorado Springs that was killed last week in Iraq by an IED. He survived the initial attack and died later in the hospital before he could be flown to Germany. Initially he was expeected to survive. His funeral will be 2 days after Christmas. My family and I are going and so are a bunch of people from the local 4x4 community. Actually there will be people from all over the state coming to support Set and his family.

I never met Seth but I did read his posts on a forum I frequent. He had been in Iraq for 8 weeks and posted pics of his daily life two days before his passing. Two days! Seth's posts showed an enthusiasm for life, not just 4 wheeling. At 19 years old he had already become more of a man that many will ever be. He choose to serve his country and all Americans. His dedication and love of country won't be forgotten be me or my family....ever.

So my wish this year? Simple. The next time you see a man or woman in uniform, whether it be on the street, in the mall, at the movies. Remember Seth and all like him. Offer your hand and tell them THANK YOU. Keep your political opinions to yourself, it's not about that. Show them the repect and admiration the deserve. God knows they've earned it.

To Troy, George and all of the other military members of this forum that are currently at home or abroad.....THANK YOU!
9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
Post edited by Frank Z on

Comments

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited December 2006
    I put in about 80,000 airlines miles in an average year. I have yet to be on a US flagged airline where first class seats were not voluntarily given up so that any members in the military that were in uniform on the flight could ride in comfort on their journey. On a flight last fall a passenger from another culture made some disparaging remarks about the members of our military on the flight, and felt safe doing it in their native language. Unfortunately someone who cared spoke their language and made sure their comments were repeated for the rest of the passengers to hear. The pilot removed them from the aircraft for their own safety. I didn't hear one complaint about the delay :)
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,667
    edited December 2006
    And, besides a "Thank You", don't forget a prayer.

Here's a link for the prayer requested by Patton for his troops, as told by the Chaplain requested to write it.

http://www.pattonhq.com/prayer.html
    Sal Palooza
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited December 2006
    Thank You and God Bless!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2006
    I was in the Military, my son is a Marine (2 tours) and I have nothing but Love and Respects for our troops..

THANKS GUY`S AND GAL`S OF THE ARMED FORCES FOR ALLOWING THE REST OF US TO ENJOY A SAFE CHRISTMAS...

GOD BLESS AND STAY SAFE
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    I just recently had 2 experiences with military personel. One young fella was walking down the street in uniform and I went over to him and thanked him. The look on his face said all I needed know and I will never forget it or the conversation we had.

The fella who was repairing my refridgerator was obviously a little older then I. As he was working I asked him about the high pitched beeping that was coming from the fridge. He told me he couldn't hear it because he was on an aircraft carrier post off Vietnam during the War. I stopped everything and put my hand out and thanked him for it.

This kind of behaviour should come naturally to ALL Americans not just the ones who think about. I can tell you this I have become very hostile and will continue to be hostle in conversations with people who denegrate or minimize our troops.

God has blessed us with Seth and all our troops here and abroad. I wish I had that kind of love and dedication for my fellow countrymen and country.