Newbie question

Billy J
Billy J Posts: 9
edited December 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hello all,

I am wanting to upgrade my current system in my ski boat. I'm going to put a wake tower on with a set of double barrel polk DB 675 drivers on the wake tower. I'm going to replace the factory seakers, one set up under the driver and passenger seats up front, and a set in the back under the back seat with MMC 650's. I was also going to put a couple of MM 2084's in the center of the 650's in the back to add the bass I needed.
I am completely new to this, so you guys help me out. The only place I can put the two amps is inside of the back seat which is for storage. This is where the 4 speakers are going to be. The only other place I could put them would be the engine compartment, which would be better, I have heard that the amps don't like the engine noise. Is this true. The other thing is, that the back near the engine is the only place to ground the amps, (being 2' or less). I think the amps would run cooler if they were in the engine compartment, but don't want to interfere with the amps performance.
The other question is, I have a 65 amp, 917 watt alternator on the engine. The amps I was wanting to use is a Pyle PLAD618 2000 watt 6 channel to run the 6 speakers in the boat, and a Pyle PLAD412 1000 watt 4 channel to run the 4 tower speakers. Will the stock altenator and one battery be able to keep up with the demand of this setup, or will I have to add a second battery and battery isolator, along with a alternator with a higher amp rating.

Thanks, BIlly