Anyone believe in ghosts?

KrazyMofo24
KrazyMofo24 Posts: 1,197
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
Today I was driving with my friend in his Tahoe, and he has a JVC cd player. Today we were talking about strange things that he's seen when he lived in Arkansas. While we were listening to a cd the volume went all the way up from 21 to 50 max. I was kinda scared but just figured it was a coincidence, and I said do it again. Then about a minute later the volume was real low then it when all the way up again. It didn't do it for about five minutes or so, then we start talking about whether it was a ghost, and it went up again now I'm scared, few minutes go by it does it again. Then we leave come back to drive home, we put gas it's been about 20mins of driving and everything was fine I said it hasn't done anything in awhile. He starts telling me about Arkansas again and then it changes from track 14 to 1, then to 7, and theirs a loud on/off switch you can push and it kept saying loud on, then loud off. So I think its the cd we change cd's, it was turned down when the cd enters and plays the volume is at 50! Now I know for sure he couldn't have messed with it. Do you guys think its possible for cd player to mess up like that? I drove with him to arkansas last was in the car for two straight days, and the cd player worked fine .
Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

Post edited by KrazyMofo24 on

Comments

• millerman 3732
    millerman 3732 Posts: 1,488
    edited December 2006
    are you sure he didn't have a remote. or maybe the cd player control are mounted on the steering wheel, my wifes car has the controls on the wheel and is capable of doing all the things you've listed.
    Casey
    H/T: Epson 6500ub
    Sony UBP-X800
    Toshiba HD-XA2 (HD-DVD, CD)
    Onkyo 805 (pre-amp)
    Outlaw 7125
    Polk RTi 10 (bi-amped)
    Polk CSi5 (bi-amped)
    Polk RTi6
    SVS PB 12 plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1

TV Rig: Samsung 50'' 4k display
    Polk Signa-1 Surround bar
  • KrazyMofo24
    edited December 2006
    Its an upgraded stereo and it probably came with a remote...he's my best friend I was staring at him when it happened it didn't look like he was doing it at all and I asked him and he swears he didn't touch it. The button that switches loud on/off doesn't seem like it would be on the remote. I'll check out the model number tomorrow and look up the controls I really don't think he did it.
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2006
    So.... a malfunctioning piece of electronics means ghosts? C'mon, if you had a real story to tell I'd give you something, or if two completely unrelated pieces of electronics did similar things in the same day, but... one malfunctioning head unit? Pff.

here's my "ghost" story, but me and my uncle call it our "Christmas Angel" story. Pretty appropriate with Christmas coming.

I wanna say it was 1996 or '97. Me, my mother, sister, and brother went out to California (we live in New England) to visit my Uncle for Christmas. Christmas eve day, we landed at LAX, and my uncle met us at the airport. We rented a car, and headed out to his house in Palm Springs, which is in the desert. To get there you have to cross through the mountains. It's about 5PM by the time we hit the mountains. I'm driving with my uncle in his early 90's Cadillac Deville (or something to that effect). My mother is behind us in the rental car with my brother and sister.

Suddenly, smoke / steam starts pouring from my uncle's hood. He says "oh no, it's overheating again", and cuts across like 3 lanes of traffic to get off at the exit we're passing, and immediately pulls into a closed gas station to shut the car off. My mother didn't even notice we had exited, and just continued down the highway. This was before anyone had cell phones, so there was no way to contact her and let her kn ow what happened.

In the meantime. It's Christmas eve. My uncle's car blew a radiator hose - it was ****. We had no tools or anything to try to patch it. We were in a tiny mountain town, with NOTHING around, on Christmas Eve (so nothing was open), it's getting dark. We're literally stranded in the middle of nowhere, with no way to contact anyone or any idea how to find someone. Completely deserted.

Just as we're starting to really freak out, maybe five minutes after we pulled off the road, a little Toyota pickup pulls into the gas station we're at. A little Mexican guy comes over and asks if we need any help. We tell him our problem. He says "I think I can help." Goes into the back of his truck, reaches into one of the many buckets full of stuff..... and comes out with a radiator hose. That fits my uncle's Cadillac perfectly. Ten minutes later we're on our merry way.

Freakiest damn thing that ever happened.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited December 2006
    Anyone believe in ghosts?
    Nope.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • KrazyMofo24
    edited December 2006
    Thats some crazy luck more of a feel good story. Anyways i'm officially scared I found the cd player online, and it doesn't come with a remote! JVC KD-S5050
    Setup:

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2006
    so what if it was a ghost?.. all it was doing was cranking up the tunes.. your sorry **** sure wasn't doing it for him/it. :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited December 2006
    Ghosts? I dunno about that in the "Boo" sense of the word. But I have had contact with more than just a ghost. Call it a demon, call it an evil spirit, oh ya, they are real. I suppose Ghosts could be demons or whatever, so in that sense, I suppose they are real. Would one just turn up a radio for no reason? I highly doubt it, but what do I know?

Without getting into a super spiritual talk, I had a roommate in college that was into the occult/evil whatever it was... one night he came to me and after this fight with a guy on campus. He was all weird and his eyes were wacky and he was saying really strange things. He told me his background with the demonic realms and how he could summon demons for protection and to harm others, and I was like, "Uh ya, OK. Let's get you some help" not really believing him.

We went to a mature older counselor, who had us discuss what had happened leading up to his fight and thereafter. While we were speaking, my roommate's eyes turned red, slits sideways, his head started twitching and a strange voice started speaking from his lips. It was freaky as any scary movie you've ever seen. I locked eyes with him and this went on for about 2 hours. The counselor was trying to get this kid to read the bible, and after a few hours of this strange voice switching back and forth with the normal kids voice, the kid started to read the bible. He was reading from John where Jesus cast out a evil spirit, and when he read to the part where Jesus commanded the spirit to leave, the kid couldn't read it. The counselor kept pressing him to read it, and finally the "Spirit / demon or whatever it was" jumped out of him and onto me. I remember the entire room spinning and I started saying things and yelling at him to stop and that everything was wrong... It only lasted a moment and then was gone.

It's something that I've been blown away by ever since, and I respect the spiritual realm, even though you can't see it. To those that doubt they exist, there are so many things that we can't see or hear. Sometimes, the veil between the two worlds is opened, and we hear stories.

Anyways... that's my take on ghosts. Are they people's spirits walking around? Not likely, but they are probably an evil or good spirit from up above or down below.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2006
    one night he came to me and after this fight with a guy on campus. He was all weird and his eyes were wacky and he was saying really strange things.

He was on acid, and weed. :p:p
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited December 2006
    If you like this stuff, watch ghosthunters on the sci-fi channel. I thought it was the stupidest show ever and how they kept debunking ghosts kept me interested. Then they started running into stuff that they recorded on audio and video with no explanation and it got a bit freaky. Check it out when you're bored.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • MrNightly
    edited December 2006
    Demiurge wrote:
    He was on acid, and weed. :p:p

HA. Ya, I wish that was true. Unfortunately he was on no drugs. Or is that fortunately? :D
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    If you like this stuff, watch ghosthunters on the sci-fi channel. I thought it was the stupidest show ever and how they kept debunking ghosts kept me interested. Then they started running into stuff that they recorded on audio and video with no explanation and it got a bit freaky. Check it out when you're bored.

Oh ya, quite the show. Reminds me of the place called, "Stull Cemetery" about an 1.5 hours from my house or so in Kansas. Some say it's the Seventh Gateway to Hell, and a place where the Devil comes back every Halloween because his son is buried there. Some claim the Pope won't even fly over Kansas because the area is cursed. I heard two guys that went to check it out, and they were recording it, and when they crossed the fence line, their recording all went haywire, and for no reason. They got scared and ran away, and when they listened to it, they could hear what sounded like screams on the tape. Real freaky.

My buddies and myself were going to camp out on Halloween, had everything all planned up, but when I called them the night of to meet up, they all backed out. Now I have to wait another year... chickens ;) Any volunteers?!
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    One student claimed to have been grabbed by the arm by something unseen, while others spoke of unexplained memory loss when visiting the place.

Sounds like any frat party I've ever been to:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2006
    I think there could very well be spirits, but as far as them out to get people and all of that stuff -- nah. I don't buy that.

In this case, I would have to say your HU just malfunctioned.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2006
    MrNightly wrote:
    Reminds me of the place called, "Stull Cemetery" about an 1.5 hours from my house or so in Kansas. Some say it's the Seventh Gateway to Hell, and a place where the Devil comes back every Halloween because his son is buried there. Some claim the Pope won't even fly over Kansas because the area is cursed. I heard two guys that went to check it out, and they were recording it, and when they crossed the fence line, their recording all went haywire, and for no reason. They got scared and ran away, and when they listened to it, they could hear what sounded like screams on the tape. Real freaky.

My buddies and myself were going to camp out on Halloween, had everything all planned up, but when I called them the night of to meet up, they all backed out. Now I have to wait another year... chickens ;) Any volunteers?!

haha Went there a bunch in High School. You'd be dissappointed now, the church was torn down some time ago.
  • MrNightly
    edited December 2006
    PolkThug wrote:
    haha Went there a bunch in High School. You'd be dissappointed now, the church was torn down some time ago.

Ya I heard that as well.. but we were going to try to find the seven steps down that lead to nowhere.... They say they are still buried but you can find them if you look behind the church... I wanted to jump down the steps at midnight and scream!!! Muhahahaha. My friends were afraid I would never come back up.
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• Polkemon
    Polkemon Posts: 144
    edited December 2006
    Send the CD player to Ghost Hunters Express mail fast I think you have what is known as a LOUDcrankytune skipper ghost and they are very rare but have been know to affect up to 3000 JVC headunits a year!!!!! There is no time it must be shipped and you should add extra insurance because they have been known to cause the radios to have internal Combustion when in tight spaces!!!!!

Hope this helps!!!!

BOB that is a truly awesome thing that happened but if you think about it he most lickly has an early 90's caddy with Fuzzy Dice that bounces so this could be a common occurance or he might of not wanted his wife to go out that night so off with the HOSE!!

Happy New Years just having some fun guys so no pun intended!!
    NEWEST RIDE:
    2006 Silver Jaguar XKR Coupe with factory BBS 20" and upgraded Brembo Brakes from factory....
    Supercharger Pully Upgrade
    Air Intake
    Mina Exhaust System....

2007 Chevy Tahoe (Daily Driver):
    Front Doors POLK sr6500
    Amp front JL 450/4
    Amp Sub JL 500/1
    Sub JL 10w6

(Work Trucks)
    2005 Mercury Mountaineer Premier 4.6L V-8
    All Stock!!! In the process of changing this.

2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab 6.6L Diesel
  • swchma
    swchma Posts: 49
    edited December 2006
    In Arkansas, there are no ghosts, they all reside in Texas