@#$%^!&^%$#$ I`m gonna kill someone

2»

Comments

• MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited December 2006
    PolkThug wrote:
    Sorry to hear this Bear. I HIGHLY recommend that you sell the M3 as soon as possible after the repairs are made. Problems will eventually show up, and its like being victimized all over again.

From a key scratch?
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2006
    MSALLA wrote:
    From a key scratch?

Anytime bodywork is done to a car, there is a risk. Issues may crop up a year or two later.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2006
    What kind of issues could possibly crop up after cosmetic body work? Maybe if you bring it to Maaco the paint will probably flake off after a year, but any decent body shop you'll never be able to tell the difference.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • MSALLA
    edited December 2006
    PolkThug wrote:
    Anytime bodywork is done to a car, there is a risk. Issues may crop up a year or two later.

I used to do autobody for a living. If he has problems after having key scratches fixed, it will be because of poor work.
    If it's done right, no one will be able to tell he had work done. Except maybe a pro.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880
  • capecodder
    capecodder Posts: 613
    edited December 2006
    Demiurge wrote:
    I'ma get medieval on your ****.

:D
    One of the best verbal threats of all time. In six words it conjurs up all kinds of "unpleasant images".

Bear that REALLY sucks but I agree with MSALLA. If you choose the right, and I emphasize right, body shop they should fix that easily. You never want to have to do it but that is old news now.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2006
    Sorry Bear. Know in your heart if you dont get them one day they will get to meet a nice man like me, guaranteed bro.

RT1
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    beardog03 wrote:
    Last night some Punks went around the block and keyed a bunch of cars..

ONE OF WHICH WAS MY M3...:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

All the way into the metal on both sides and the roof and hood....

!#****#@%#^#&!@^%$#^%$#^*

I`m soooo pissed

The Driverside says (all down the side) F*CK YOU X-MAS

The rest is just deep gouges :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

They got both of my neighbors cars , up the street they got his Caddy, and the mustang....all around the block..

My wife gave me my X-mas gift early tonight....security cameras for the house and yard..
    This year I spent hours doing lights all through the front yard with 6 moving Bears, and all kinds of stuff...got into the Christmas spirit as much as I can ( I never do lights) and the kids were all happy ...then this..

I`m gonna get whomever did this...and there dad too..:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Those dickless pieces of S#!t deserve DEATH!!!:mad:

I know this for a fact: WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!!! Those little **** will pay for this maybe not now or next year but they will pay before they die.
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited December 2006
    DAYUUUUMMMMM! ****'s worse than those stupid tagger punks. just reading this thread again brought chills to my body.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2006
    The Insurance Co. wants me to take it to the GM dealer and have it fixed..

It will have to have body work and a paint job..

They hit both sides and the roof and hood....

real deep...must have used a knife or screwdriver..
    I`m thinking screwdriver..

I don`t want a spot paint job, I`m getting a total paint job...not somehalf assed paint job either

The guy 2 doors down had both cars done up, but they didn`t carve words, just scratches...got two up the street...a mustang and a caddy...they will be caught, and they will regret it....
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited December 2006
    Why the GM dealer???
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• beardog03
    edited December 2006
    Dunno..!
    That`s what tha isurance Co. said...
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,428
    edited December 2006
    Hmmmmm....it may be that they have an "arrangement" with the GM dealer. However, by law, you can take it anywhere you want, like a BMW dealer.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2006
    You have full coverage. Take it where you want to. The insurance has to pay...
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited December 2006
    Bear,I know how you feel, 1965 Chevelle,completely restored, someone keyed it and judging from the dents/scratches,,danced on the hood with high heels.:(
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2006
    Do some research and take it to the best body shop in the county, insurance will just have to suck it up. Get ready for a premium increase.

I'm not even admitting publically what I did to our Audi awhile ago....man o' man.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited December 2006
    Sorry Bear, that sucks.
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited December 2006
    Bear,

Just remember, that no matter who does the work, do not take the vehicle back from them, until you are completely satisfied with the work done. Also, do not, under any circumstances, give the shop the insurance check, until you are happy and FULLY satisfied with the work. You have a rare car, not your run-of-the-mill Bimmer and it's your right to demand quality work done to it. Make sure that they don't leave any tape-off lines ANYWHERE. A good shop will remove most, if not all, of the trim and shouldn't leave any sign that the car had bodywork. Sorry to hear about that **** and don't worry...the perps will eventually screw up and hopefully for something more serious than vandalism, so they can go to that place where the "bartender" won't likely interfere with the fellow patrons pushing up their stools.:eek: Only a pus%y pulls **** like this and deserve whatever they get.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited December 2006
    I worked at a body shop for three years and a restoration shop for 1/2 year bear. Like some have pointed out, you get the right shop, no one but you will know it was repaired.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • beardog03
    edited December 2006
    Thanks for the help and support guy`s...

I guess it would be best to shop around...I was leaning toward the BMW Dealer, then they said take it to GM....now I`m going to look around a bit more...
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited December 2006
    That is a kick in the you now where Bear. I agree with the folks, best place in town for that car. Hope you enjoy the festive season.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    beardog03 wrote:

I don`t want a spot paint job, I`m getting a total paint job...not somehalf assed paint job either

The guy 2 doors down had both cars done up, but they didn`t carve words, just scratches...got two up the street...a mustang and a caddy...they will be caught, and they will regret it....

If you are the one to administer justice BD, give him, they, it a kick in the teeth for me.
  • MSALLA
    edited December 2006
    beardog03 wrote:

They can't force you to go to a shop not of your choice. By law you can use any shop you want. They will probably not shell out for a whole new paint job though.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    Harmony 880