amp question

vawakemonster
vawakemonster Posts: 131
edited December 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
I got the profile amplifier you guys suggested and I had 3 questions.

1. my cd player has a built in subwoofer output, I ran the RAC from there ot the amp and then I have a high pass and low pass filter on my amplifier, should I use the high and low bass on the amplifier or should I set the clicker at full or use high pass or low pass?

2. if I should use the high pass or low pass what frequency should I set each too? the high pass ranges from 80 hz to 1.2 hz and the low pass ranges from 50z to 250 hz.

3. whats the best way to mount my amp in a ford ranger? my seats have no room underneath, I was thinking of bulitind an amp rack shaped similat to a triangular prism with the amp at a 45 degree andle of the floor and back wall... any better ideas?
Dodge Dakota
HU: Pioneer
Amp: Profile AP600 & Phoenix gold r2.5:2
Speakers: Boston SX 6.5 components
Subwoofer: polk mm2104
Post edited by vawakemonster on

Comments

• avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited December 2006
    Hmmm. I must have missed what kind of amp this was. Is it a 2-channel or 4? What is it going to be hooked up to?
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2006
    I like the idea of building an amp rack behind the seats. I had a Ford Ranger way back in the early 90's and had a pair of Coustic amps and thats how I mounted mine.

As for the low pass thing, if I remember right, this is for a sub amp so you would use the low pass. I would set it at 80 for now and tinker with it a little and see what setting you like best.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • vawakemonster
    vawakemonster Posts: 131
    edited December 2006
    its a 2 chanel amp, when bridged it is 300 rms by 4 ohms its going to be powering a polk momo 10 inch SVC.

that is the link to the filter I am talking about. http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2004/489/x489AP600-L_dg.jpeg

I was wonding would I need to set it at anything besides full if I am using a sub output from my HU. or if the pioneer cross over would work fine...I will tinker with it myself but I'm just making sure I dont damage my sub if I set one too high or low.

EDIT: one more question regaurding polyfill. I have a .65 cubic foot box that came with enough poly fill to fill about a sixth of the box, is this enough? should I get more? where can I buy it or a substitue for something like it? also can I put this in an enclsure that is built into the back wall of my truck to increase sound quality?
    Dodge Dakota
    HU: Pioneer
    Amp: Profile AP600 & Phoenix gold r2.5:2
    Speakers: Boston SX 6.5 components
    Subwoofer: polk mm2104