Lost Fedex package

dagame27
dagame27 Posts: 574
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
Has this ever happened to any of you guys? I ordered a pair of Monitor 7's last week from an ebay store. The fedex tracking numbers say they were delivered and left at my front door. This did not happen as I was home the whole day waiting for them. After calling fedex, they say they have to contact the driver and that the package was probably left at the wrong address. (I confirmed with them that they had my correct address) I wonder if I have any chance of getting these speakers now. Any advice? Thanks
ChrisPreamp: Anthem Pre 2L (Jan-Phillips Green) Processor: Marantz SR7012 Amp: B&K 200.5Streaming: Bluesound Node 2IDAC: Eastern Electric Minimax Plus4K Bluray: Panasonic UB820Mains: Von Schweikert VR2Center: Von Schweikert LCR15 Subs: 2 SVS Sb13 Ultra (HT Only) Analysis Plus Cables
Post edited by dagame27 on

Comments

• Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 915
    edited December 2006
    This has happened to me twice before. It is a very busy time of the year for them. BTW- did you purchase extra insurance?
  • dagame27
    edited December 2006
    The seller included the insurance fee in the fedex shipping, so I guess if it can't be found it would be he who would file the claim.
    ChrisPreamp: Anthem Pre 2L (Jan-Phillips Green) Processor: Marantz SR7012 Amp: B&K 200.5Streaming: Bluesound Node 2IDAC: Eastern Electric Minimax Plus4K Bluray: Panasonic UB820Mains: Von Schweikert VR2Center: Von Schweikert LCR15 Subs: 2 SVS Sb13 Ultra (HT Only) Analysis Plus Cables
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2006
    Check with your neighbors. Check one street over, on each side of you, with the same house number.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,703
    edited December 2006
    ^^
    Yeah, that happens with the USPS with me sometimes. There is another house with the same # address, on the street that runs perpendicular to mine. I can see their house from my back yard. I get their mail sometimes, I just run it over to them and hand deliver. So far, I don't think they've gotten any of mine, but who knows...
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2006
    I used to have a friend who lived on a street, and the town line was like, halfway down the street... and each town used their own numbers. So this kid like 8 houses down was the same house number on the same street, just over the town line. They ALWAYS got each others' mail.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • dagame27
    edited December 2006
    Yea, I tried checking w/ the neighbors, but now luck. As for same address on neighboring streets, they don't exist. This place is pretty easy to find and i've never had this problem before. I am supposed to hear from the driver tomorrow, hopefully he will have something productive to say.
  • turbobusa65
    turbobusa65 Posts: 105
    edited December 2006
    They should not have drop the package without your signature!!:mad:
  • dagame27
    edited December 2006
    Well, now I am in a better mood. Fedex showed up today and apologized for the package being shipped to the wrong address. The speakers are in pretty nice shape too, with the exception of the dust caps on the midranges being pushed in. For the price I paid I can't complain, they sound great and look pretty damn good. Now I just have to replace the fuse I blew in my Adcom since I was an idiot and knocked out a banana plug while the amp was on:mad: