1xdigi mono block + 1x4ch amp SQ

henee2
henee2 Posts: 42
edited December 2006 in Car Audio & Electronics
As planned, bought my SR6500, mmc650 and my 2 SR104 subs.
Now I am up to my amps...
Carpower, which is unknown in the US, has awesome reviews on their subwoofer digi mono amp, and I would surely buy it, BUT I want to have my sub am and speaker amp to be from the same brand an similar look. Unfortunately the Carpower 4/400 Vortex should kind of suck :) so I have to find another brand.
I was wondering which brand to go with... I want to have the perfect fit for my sr6500, mmc650 and my 2 sr104.
So I need 1 digi mono amp with enough power to supply my 2 subs and one 4 channel amp enough to supply especially my sr6500.
I mainly care about SQ! If price it high I dont care...
I looked at Zapcos new digi amps. Love the idea of hoocking up my laptop to the amps to configure them. What do you think. Whats the best way to go? Any suggestions? Also considered Arc... Which line should i consider?
thnx for your help,
Martin
Post edited by henee2 on

Comments

• Greg Peters
    Greg Peters Posts: 605
    edited December 2006
    I would rank Zapco above Arc (but they're both top notch).

Eclipse amps are supposed to be really nice sounding as well, but probably a rung below the first two.

There are some older Clarion amps that supposedly use Arc internals (and cost less), so you may be able to track some of those down too.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2006
    Zapco is awfully hard to beat. If you can afford them, that should probably be your choice. Crossover, time alignment all on the amp. Hard to beat.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited December 2006
    I would rank Zapco above Arc (but they're both top notch).

Eclipse amps are supposed to be really nice sounding as well, but probably a rung below the first two.

There are some older Clarion amps that supposedly use Arc internals (and cost less), so you may be able to track some of those down too.

I would probably stick with the newer stuff. Those Clarion amps are on the older side now. I believe the class-t ones do not even have parts available for them. I remember reading that, but I may be mistaken. Roberts Zeff's desings have been used by other companies, but quality standards may or may not be the same.

I would choose Arc over Zapco. Not just because I have them, but because their newer line, the Robert Zeff Signature Series (SE) is supposed to be the best amplifiers that Robert Zeff has built to date. He was with Zapco before moving on. I wonder where that Z in Zapco came from........
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • killerb
    killerb Posts: 390
    edited December 2006
    i agree with blackmax, i would go with the arc signature series. i ran a zapco ck2-3.0 for awhile and loved the sound of it. if the signature series is better than that, buy it! i run an arc 4050xxk now for my sr6500's and love it! i think i need a little more power, so i think im going to put my carver m-4120 amp back in the spring. that amp will give me 120watts x 4 and sound quality on par with my zapco 3.0.
    kenwood excelon kdc-x991 h.u.
    Rockford Fosgate 360.3 DSP
    Rockford Fosgate POWER1000 running entire system
    Image Dynamics IDQ12 Sub
    Morel Elate 6 front stage
  • MacLeod
    edited December 2006
    Gonna have to disagree on this one! Zapco are the best amps on the market.

Zero noise, unequalled build quality, and a hole Time Life Edition of output. Plus what other amps have digital crossovers, EQs and time alignment built in that you can remotely control?! Then you got the Symbalink which makes sure you have even less than zero noise and signal loss.

And their new processor is mouth watering. 10 band parametric EQ for 8 channels! Controllable thru a laptop with control that is just unreal!!

Dont get me wrong, Arc is top shelf goods, no doubt, but Zapco is to amps what Tiger Woods is to golf.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    Zapco is to amps what Tiger Woods is to golf.
    Please don't ever disgrace any other audio product, be it Polk or Audiobahn, with such a disgusting analogy as that.

Now all of a sudden I can't stand Zapco.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited December 2006
    MacLeod wrote:
    Gonna have to disagree on this one! Zapco are the best amps on the market.

Zero noise, unequalled build quality, and a hole Time Life Edition of output. Plus what other amps have digital crossovers, EQs and time alignment built in that you can remotely control?! Then you got the Symbalink which makes sure you have even less than zero noise and signal loss.

And their new processor is mouth watering. 10 band parametric EQ for 8 channels! Controllable thru a laptop with control that is just unreal!!

Dont get me wrong, Arc is top shelf goods, no doubt, but Zapco is to amps what Tiger Woods is to golf.

I would take the Arc DXE analog crossover/eq with the SE amps over the Zapco stuff any day of the week.
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • MacLeod
    edited December 2006
    audiobliss wrote:
    Please don't ever disgrace any other audio product, be it Polk or Audiobahn, with such a disgusting analogy as that.

Now all of a sudden I can't stand Zapco.

Have you ever watched Tiger Woods play? Dude, he's a freak of nature! Say what you will about golf, and believe me Im no fan of golf, but this dude is on a different level with obscene amounts of talent and is better at his sport than any other athlete in history. Know anybody else that makes $100,000,000 a year playing a game? ;)

And just to derail this thread even further, this is one of the coolest commercials ever. This isnt computer graphics either. They were shooting a commercial and Woods was over messing around like this and they decided to shoot it. This is also not a bunch of takes edited together. This was all done in a single take.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9ugdSEvKddQ

• killerb
    killerb Posts: 390
    edited December 2006
    I would take the Arc DXE analog crossover/eq with the SE amps over the Zapco stuff any day of the week.
    me too! that stuff is awsome! plus it all comes from the creator of zapco products, robert zeff. you cant go wrong.
    kenwood excelon kdc-x991 h.u.
    Rockford Fosgate 360.3 DSP
    Rockford Fosgate POWER1000 running entire system
    Image Dynamics IDQ12 Sub
    Morel Elate 6 front stage
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2006
    No, I am a golf fan, and I'll agree Tiger Woods is a great golf player. But he has quite the hot temper and a way with colorful language, namely taking my Lord's name in vain. But it seems as though the camera men have learned when to pan away from Tiger so we don't see it much anymore.

And...wow...I'd have to say...that is an awesome commercial!

And trying not to sound so harsh...I really wanna like Tiger...I've pulled for him many a time...I like a lot about him...he just needs to clean up his language and relax a little.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520