Dave Matthews

GuitarheadCA
GuitarheadCA Posts: 400
edited August 2002 in Music & Movies
I just finished sitting in front of the Listener Supported DVD for half an hour. My entire pupose in watching it was to figure out the "Rhyme and Reason" guitar riff. You'll all be happy to know that I finally got it.

Anyway- What do you all think of his new CD- Busted Stuff? Of couse, I'd head all the songs already, most of them were on the net from when he recorded them in the Lillywhite Sessions. But it was nice having CD quality versions of all of them. Not to mention it's nice to see him switch producers his Everyday album.
Post edited by GuitarheadCA on

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited July 2002
    So what did you think of the album? I haven't heard any of the Lillywhite Sessions (not an avid MP3 junky). I didn't think "Everyday" was very good, so I'm hoping this is better.

Aaron
  • flason
    flason Posts: 278
    edited July 2002
    The new album sounds like the more acoustic Dave Matthews from his early stuff. I like it a lot, but it is still new and I am still evaluating.
  • north51
    north51 Posts: 66
    edited July 2002
    I would have to say that Busted Stuff is much better than Everyday. I love Dave Matthews, but was disappointed in Everyday. They're back to their old self on the new CD. If you get the CD before Friday, there is an internet link to a live concert in Hartford.
  • GuitarheadCA
    edited July 2002
    I also, like the album much better than everyday.

That may be because it was actually written before Everyday- it could almost be considered "old Dave Matthews", But not quite. The Songs were actually all written before his new producer came along and wrote Everyday with Dave. The Lillywhite Sessions have actually been on the net a long long time.

I'm quite curious as to what the next album will sound like.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited July 2002
    This CD blows, bought it Sat. listening to it on the way home I was already wishing I could return it.

Anybody want a perfect used only once cd for cheap?
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • jdelan
    jdelan Posts: 244
    edited July 2002
    Didnt get the CD, Not really into DMB, BUT i fyou want a good CD to listen to then I suggest Echo-Echo by Carbon Leaf. These guys are Pretty Damn Good not to be High Profile...
    If you like Celtic Rock music from Highly talented Musicians, then pick this one up...
  • Aaron
    edited August 2002
    For the first time in a couple years (I think), I paid retail for a CD. I figured it was cheap enough at Borders, it came with a DVD, and I was dying to hear it. I've listened to it several times, and I'm not terribly impressed. It's not bad, but I don't think it's great either. I'm sure it will grow on me, though. The DVD is pretty weak, but hey, it's free. I haven't listened to the 5.1 version of the one song yet.

Aaron
  • GuitarheadCA
    edited August 2002
    Yeah, the DVD is really weak, the 5.1 audio verson of Bartendender didn't knock my socks off either. But It didn't really bother me, I thought the CD was worth it.
  • Aaron
    edited August 2002
    OK, so after a few more listens I'm really starting to dig it. Strange how that goes. If you're a Dave fan, you owe it to yourself to get it.

Aaron