Eight Legged Freaks

Options
LiquidSound
LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
edited July 2002 in Music & Movies
Ok...sometimes I'll see a movie JUST for the effects. This one was right up my alley. I like spiders, and I like horror flicks and I like special effects. I was horribly dissapointed. The effects were pretty damn good, but the creepy factor was annihilated by the obnoxiously unspiderlike (be scared of me..please) growls and the cute little critter voices they gave the smaller arachnids. *the ***** Never at any point during the the movie did I lost track of the fact I was watching a film. It's terrible, stay away. Don't make my mistake and end up crying over how much beer that seven bucks would have gotten you.
Two Channel Main
Receiver - VSX-54TX
Mains - Csi40's
Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
Post edited by LiquidSound on

Comments

• fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited July 2002
    Options
    A friend of mine says it is a hilarious movie, and that he'll probably go see it again this weekend.
  • LiquidSound
    edited July 2002
    Options
    Tell him to go drunk the second time too.
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited July 2002
    Options
    LOL! He said that if you went expecting it to be scary, then yes, you'd be disappointed, but he was expecting a spoof comedy with 'stupid' humor.
  • LiquidSound
    edited July 2002
    Options
    There's amusing stupid..and there's just plain stupid. This movie wasn't even good at being dumb. It's obvious the words 'budget' and 'script' were never even on the same page. The ending had every opportunity but never hinted towards a sequel..hmm, I wonder why. Different actors and it would've bee a cult classic.
    The sheriff AND her daughter were superhotties though. That lessened the shock of beer money spent wrong.
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's