holiday eating tips

danger boy
danger boy Posts: 15,722
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
Eating Tips for the Holidays
1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet table knows nothing of the Christmas spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, leave immediately. Go next door, where they're serving rum balls.

2. Drink as much eggnog as you can and quickly. You can't find it any other time of year but now. So drink up! Who cares that it has 10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as if you're going to turn into an "eggnog-aholic" or something. It's a treat. Enjoy it!!!! Have one for me. Have two. It's later than you think. It's Christmas!

3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of gravy. Gravy does not stand-alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.

4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports car with an automatic transmission.

5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control your eating. The whole point of going to a Christmas party is to eat other people's food for free. Lots of it. Hello???

6. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Year's. You can do that in January when you have nothing else to do. This is the time for long naps, which you'll need after circling the buffet table while carrying a 10-pound plate of food and that vat of eggnog.

7. If you come across something really good at a buffet table, like frosted Christmas cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position yourself near them and don't budge. Have as many as you can before becoming the center of at tention. They're like a beautiful pair of shoes. If you leave them behind, you're never going to see them again.

8. Same for pies. Apple, pumpkin and mincemeat - have a slice of each. Or, if you don't like mincemeat, have two apples and one pumpkin. Always have three. When else do you get to have more than one dessert? Labor Day?

9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's loaded with the mandatory celebratory calories, but avoid it at all cost. I mean, have some standards.

10. One final tip: If you don't feel terrible when you leave the party or get up from the table, you haven't been paying attention. Reread tips: Start over, but hurry, January is just around the corner.

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO what a ride!"

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited December 2006
    LOL........I've been living by this for years........ha.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Sansui
    Sansui Posts: 372
    edited December 2006
    Danger Boy
    3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of gravy. Gravy does not stand-alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.

Only if you don't want to taste the flavor of the mashed potatoes.
    4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports car with an automatic transmission.

The first question should be whether real or powdered potatoes were used!

Just a thought or two... :)
    Be gentle, I'm new to all this...

The mind blowing speed of the BRAIN TRAIN...
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    ROTFLMFAO!!!

You forgot one thing:

Do not drink water, soda, beer, wine or mixed drinks, they only take up space. Drink only 100 proof or higher beverages for effect. They take up less space and get the job done quicker. Or for an illegal tip, forget the booze sneek outside and smoke a couple of joints, it takes up no stomach space and within a half hour you will be eating everything in site including the obligatory fruit cake.
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    brettw22 wrote:
    LOL........I've been living by this for years........ha.

Me too but on a daily basis. . . Fat **** has nothing on me!:D
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited December 2006
    you guys are too much..LOL--I needed that :D
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    LOL!!

I've been defending egg nog for years. Eff a vat. Tap a vein and hook me up intravenously:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2006
    ROFLMAO!!! Yum eggnog! I haven't had it in years!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2006
    ... and we wonder why we have an obesity problem in this country ... :D
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited December 2006
    Brother... I'm 5'9'' and 130lbs and chug egg nog like it's going to bring World Peace and help me win the lottery.

Go figure?
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited December 2006
    excellent tips. best post this year. BRAVO.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2006
    I comply with each rule except the excersize, hey, I gotta to something to fend off the heart attack!!!! :D

Sansui, cmon dude, gravy doesnt cover flavor, it ENHANCES it. BRING THE GRAVY!!!! and dont discount the potato buds, they do in a pinch, but real is of course better.

my wife does the mix of regular and red potatoes. oh sweet Jesus, they ROCK!!!!

I have not drank much egg nog yet, thanks for the reminder, I gotta get on that. I have had enough Pumpkin and Apple Pie to feed a small third world country though, so I still represent!!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2006
    ROFLMREO!

Good post!!!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2006
    bobman1235 wrote:
    ... and we wonder why we have an obesity problem in this country ... :D

What obesity problem???? The thin people are abnormal. FAT IS WHERE IT'S AT!!! Thin ain't in.
  • Polkapops
    Polkapops Posts: 267
    edited December 2006
    Everything in moderation "they" say..........
    But not at the holidays -
    Enjoy life - gotta splurge once in awhile!!
    HT & Music System:
    Receiver - Denon AVR-3805
    DVD/SACD Player - Denon DVD-2900
    Outlaw 770 amp
    Polk LSi 15's up front
    Polk LSiC center
    Polk LSi F/X surrounds
    SVS 16-46 PC+ Subwoofer
    Sony Wega KDF-50WE655
  • Vanhool
    Vanhool Posts: 58
    edited December 2006
    Im with you on that one Zombie. I eat like a damn pig 24/7, and the worst food ever and hell im one of the skinniest kids at school at 5'7" and 123lbs. Man, this made me hungry, can't wait till it gets a little closer to the 25th, then i gota fight all the fat asses for the food. mebe thats why im so skinny.......
    Van

{HT, in the works}
    Polk-M10
    MTX-SW2
    Pioneer-VSX-516-k