Lookie what my wife did...

steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,536
edited December 2006 in The Clubhouse
...with her Christmas present (yeah, I now its early). Bev shot this group with her new Ruger .22 10/22 rifle at 25yds:
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
Post edited by steveinaz on

Comments

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2006
    I would be really nice to her, just one wrong move and you're done. ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2006
    Funny this came up. I just taught my wife to shoot the 9 last Thursday. She "killed" the target silhouette, hit in the nuts and face.
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited December 2006
    about 2 years ago I got a savage mkII .22, it was the first time for my wife to even touch a fire arm. She's abetter shot then I am. All I can say is don't piss her off and if you do don't come with in 100 yards of her.
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited December 2006
    Looks like she needs to pull a little to the right. If ya gonna teach a woman how to kill ya, make sure you don't suffer.:D Nice rifle, by the way.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2006
    Nice group! Make sure you keep the rifle aaaallllllllll the way on the other side of the house separate from the ammo. . . it'll give her time to cool off before loading.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2006
    I have that same rifle. Very fun and dirt **** cheap to shoot.

Tell the wifey...way ta go!
    No excuses!
  • steveinaz
    edited December 2006
    Looks like she needs to pull a little to the right. If ya gonna teach a woman how to kill ya, make sure you don't suffer.:D Nice rifle, by the way.

I took her scope right 6 clicks (her group center is about 1/2" left), she should be dead on next range trip. We were going to zero at 50yds, but the wind was so bad today, I just settled on 25yds and let her have fun with it.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited December 2006
    Tight group. What position???
  • steveinaz
    edited December 2006
    Supported, seated off a bench.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited December 2006
    Does she have a sister?
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited December 2006
    Seriously, one of the reasons I got married is because my wife picked up a 12 ga. pistol grip shotgun for the first time in her life and hit the target dead on. At that moment, I knew she was the one for me...
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • cambir
    cambir Posts: 1,045
    edited December 2006
  • Vanhool
    Vanhool Posts: 58
    edited December 2006
    Very nice man, certainly don't piss off your wife. Me and my dad took my sis out to the range a couple days before her wedding and taught her how to use a snub-nosed .38 and a little mk2 .22. you know, just in case :P. She's *almost* as good a shot as me hehe.
    Van

{HT, in the works}
    Polk-M10
    MTX-SW2
    Pioneer-VSX-516-k
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited December 2006
    Sweet! Nice shooting, Bev!

Steve, Bushmaster is having a special rub of 16" 1:7" twist barrels. Gotta order by Jan. 31.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • steveinaz
    edited December 2006
    Cool, but I'll have to lay low on the gun purchases for awhile. I still haven't shot my remington 870 yet...If I do anything, it'll be some optics for my AR. Got a couple new guns you haven't seen yet Wes...hehe